Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

Did they ever explain why the dinosaur was so big?

Comment

Who?

It wasn't. It was just close up.

Comment

Who?

Or the Houses of Parliament were a long way away?

Comment

Who?

But there were long shots of it towering over buildings. And of course it had a police call box in its throat. T-Rexes weren't that big.

Comment

Who?

Ahhh, pesky details. Errrr, it was an extraterrestrial beast, as opposed to an Earth dinosaur? Oh all right. It was too big.

Comment

Who?

(Sighs. Rolls eyes and grins ruefully in a 'oh, those crazy guys, whudamigonnadowivem' kind of way)

Comment

Who?

jason voorhees wrote: Rogin - I was going to say The Rani.
                I thought that too, she's storing up the colossal amount of foes the Doctor's killed, directly or indirectly, for a big ol' vengeance spree at the end of the series.

As ever, I liked it. It's a family show, not high art. If you don't like the elephants, the clowns will be along in a minute. Most of the old stuff was crap as well, it's just we don't have access to it all to remember how crap it was, or we've deliberately forgotten it.

Also, Strax is brilliant. "Melt him with acid." Made me laugh.

Comment

Who?

Ahhh, pesky details. Errrr, it was an extraterrestrial beast, as opposed to an Earth dinosaur?
                  That's basically what I was wondering. The episode was so hectic that I thought I might have missed a throwaway line about it being alien (despite being apparently terrestrial in everything but size). But then there was that thing about the baddy knowing that dinosaurs would have a certain type of tissue because he was so old, which would seem to rule it out.

Comment

Who?

Strax is the best character in it. His inability to distinguish boys from girls is a genius bit of comic writing. Although it's as well they didn't get Jimmy Savile to play him.

Comment

Who?

I've got a feeling quite a few people are really not going to like this week's episode. It sounds like 'Honey I've Shrunk the Doctor'...

Comment

Who?

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: I've got a feeling quite a few people are really not going to like this week's episode. It sounds like 'Honey I've Shrunk the Doctor'...
                        It was a bit crap. But then I've always found the Daleks boring.

Comment

Who?

See, I'm the opposite. I like the Daleks stories best.

I found this episode a bit boring. It was OK, but a bit Meh. They've done the comparison of the Doctor to the Daleks before.

Also, how does one Dalek take out an entire squad of Daleks?

Comment

Who?

Jongudmund wrote:

I got the impression that the renegade Dalek would rather change the other Daleks, like the renegade Borg, Hugh, in ST:TNG, who then turned up in a later episode with a whole battalion of Borg "on the turn"
                            And talking about Doctor Who "borrowing" from other sci-fi (the Master's ring being taken - a lift from Flash Gordon, did anyone notice the lifts from Star Wars: A New Hope? The cess-pit scene, and (a bit more subtle) the opening with the stormtroopers entering the rebel alliance ship/ and the Daleks cutting through the door.
                            I've watched too much sci-fi in 45 years.

Comment

Who?

The motion tracker sensor the soldier was holding was straight out of Aliens , too.

"Missy" seems to be accumulating a collection of people whose death can be blamed on the Doctor.

Comment

Who?

According to last week's Radio Times, the last two episodes concern the "Nethersphere" and apparently "Death is not an end, promises the sinister organisation known only as 3W", whatever that means.

Comment

Who?

I love the fact that, somewhere in England, there are people still buying and reading the Radio Times. That in itself would be worthy of a Doctor Who episode.

Comment

Who?

I'm glad they got the dalek episode out the way quickly. They're always without exception dull as shit.

Comment

Who?

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: I love the fact that, somewhere in England, there are people still buying and reading the Radio Times. That in itself would be worthy of a Doctor Who episode.
                                      Judging by the empty shelves at Sainsbury's, perhaps not.

Dalek episode:

Idiots have captured a Dalek/trusted a Trojan Horse.
                                      The Doctor arrives, issues dire warnings, is ignored.
                                      Dalek goes bad/escapes.
                                      Summons fellows.
                                      Many people dressed in black SWAT gear shoot ineffectually at Daleks with guns (bullets or lasers, neither seems to do much good).
                                      DEEEEAAATH /Grampa Simpson.
                                      All is lost, prepare for a last stand.
                                      The Doctor; deus ex machina.
                                      ?
                                      Cod philosophical musings on nature of evil.
                                      Exit Tardis.
                                      Light hearted bantz.
                                      Roll credits.

Comment

Who?

On the good side, the Daleks have got rid of the VW designed bright coloured ones, and returned to their Bad Wolf design.

Perhaps there are different trends and cults amongst Daleks (not just the Cult of Skaro) , and somehwere there is a Dalek bar with all the ones who bought the bright coloured ones from a couple of years ago, feeling sad, everyone has gone retro now.
                                        You can almost imagine the sledging in a Skaro mall, of some young goth Dalek , laughing at a Brady Bunch style sliding by.
                                        Well, at least a forum, bemoaning the state of Dalek clothing today.

Also on the good side no dynamic trio were involved.

Comment

Who?

I quite liked the World War II Daleks in camo with the Union Flag discreetly emblazoned on them, from a couple of seasons ago.

But then at the end of that episode we had the horrors of the multi-coloured Daleks.

It was like we couldn't have cool Daleks on their own. We had to have flashy awful ones as well.

Comment

Who?

Serge Gainsbourg wrote:
                                            Originally posted by Jongudmund

I got the impression that the renegade Dalek would rather change the other Daleks, like the renegade Borg, Hugh, in ST:TNG, who then turned up in a later episode with a whole battalion of Borg "on the turn"
                                            And talking about Doctor Who "borrowing" from other sci-fi (the Master's ring being taken - a lift from Flash Gordon, did anyone notice the lifts from Star Wars: A New Hope? The cess-pit scene, and (a bit more subtle) the opening with the stormtroopers entering the rebel alliance ship/ and the Daleks cutting through the door.
                                            I've watched too much sci-fi in 45 years.
                                            No, I meant the one Dalek on the spaceship decided he would be good after all and went on a rampage shooting up all the invasion squad of Daleks.

And yes to the heavy borrowing from Star Wars.

One scene that was incredibly callous was the Doctor giving something to a soldier who thought it would save his life, but which was actually a tracking device so the doctor and companions could follow his remains. The poor guy swallows it and then gets zapped by the Dalek antibodies and when the Doctor is asked about it, he says "He was dead anyway." Then when they land in the place where zapped bodily remains go he jokes that you could pay your respects to the deceased who is now the 'top layer' of the garbage pool. Lovely.

Spoiler - highlight to read

Comment

Who?

Have they ever explained why Dalek weapons are so good at blowing each other up but human weapons are rubbish? After all these invasions and captured and destroyed Daleks, have they never reverse engineered the technology?

Comment

Who?

Lots of Dalek racism on this thread. Blinding hatred of every living thing in the Universe is colour blind! Shame on you all!

Comment

Who?

Yes I admit I preferred the British Daleks from the World War Two episode more, rather than these Daleks from foreign planets like Skaro, landing down here, exterminating people like they own the place.

Comment

Who?

Jongudmund wrote: I quite liked the World War II Daleks in camo with the Union Flag discreetly emblazoned on them, from a couple of seasons ago.
                                                    They reminded me of Union Jack Jackson from "Warlord".

http://www.comicvine.com/union-jack-jackson/4005-73416/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X