That Borat blokes Bruno flick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a pointless piece of shit, and how predictable it would be. I've seen 10min so far. 10 so shitty it's incredible this was given a go by Universal.

Went to see it on Friday. There are some moments of genuine oh my goddness in it, but it's nowhere near as funny as Borat. It's the same joke repackaged. I came away wondering what the point of it was. Luckily it hadn't cost meanything to go andsee it, otherwise I would have been annoyed.

Comment

I saw it today. I want my money back.

There's some really funny stuff in it, mainly during the interviews, and they could have made a pretty good half-hour, Brüno-only special for TV out of the material. But the audience have to sit through long spells of complete shit to get to those funny bits, and I came away feeling like I'd wasted my afternoon, really.

Comment

It was quite a coup on Baron Cohen's part to sign up Fernando Torres as the leading man.

Comment

Heh, yeah. I noted that in the look-alike footballers thread. I wonder if Torres served a the model for Brüno's fringe look.

Comment

Saw it last night (more because I wanted to go to the open-air cinema in Munich than particularly to see the film).

I agree with the sentiments on the board. Some bits were genuinely funny -- the interviews with the baby models' parents were a hoot; as was the self-defence instructor.

But most of it was simply being gratuitously offensive to people we knew were going to be offended. As someone said earlier, it would have made a great half-hour short.

Comment

Working...
            X