Bargains for 99p on Kindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
    I’m in. Though they once again stopped it after six.
    That's very strange, have they said why?

Comment

I'd say the most books I've bought in one evening is 3, so maybe Amazon have some kind of restriction on purchase?

Comment

Is it confined to the UK? I'm sure I've had pre-holiday splurges for more than six.

Or is it gauged to previous spending which for some reason doesn't credit your previous custom on physical books to your Kindle record?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          Is it confined to the UK? I'm sure I've had pre-holiday splurges for more than six.

Or is it gauged to previous spending which for some reason doesn't credit your previous custom on physical books to your Kindle record?
          I think I’ve only bought one physical book on Amazon.

It seems to be ok now as I’ve eventually splurged through my Xmas money with roughly 30 books. A mix of crime fiction, copyright lapsed classics and popular history/politics stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
            copyright lapsed classics
            I highly recommend Project Gutenberg for more of these than you can shake a stick at (you'll just have to set up your Send to Kindle email address in your Amazon account first).

Comment

Does anybody get more recommendations for books by female authors? I seem to be 70 to 80% female author recommendations at the moment, it became a bit too much when I was recommended Gaby Logan's autobiography at the weekend. I do tend to buy a lot of books by female authors, but it seems to be getting a bit much.

Anyway, recent purchases:
              Vic Marks - Late Cuts: Musings on Cricket
              Anne Boden: Banking on It: How I disrupted an industry
              Jude Rodgers: The Sound of Being Human: How Music Shapes our Lives
              Deborah Orr: Motherwell
              Roger Deakin: Waterlog
              Yukio Mishima: Life for Sale

I think they're all still up at 99p. Currently reading "Life for Sale" - fun start to the book, enjoying it so far.

Comment

There are a few Kazuo Ishiguro novels at £1.99 up at the moment, doubt the deal will be there for long.

Comment

The Deborah Orr book is very good. I passed it on to my sister - the relationship between Deborah and her mother had some unbelievably pertinent parallels with my sister's youth, and they were both born at around the same time.

Comment

Stueart Cosgrove-Detroit 67. The Year That Changed Soul. 99p

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                      The Deborah Orr book is very good. I passed it on to my sister - the relationship between Deborah and her mother had some unbelievably pertinent parallels with my sister's youth, and they were both born at around the same time.
                      Yes, I took up the 99p offer and read Motherwell too. There were lots of echoes of my own childhood there. Recommended.

Comment

Bono’s autobiography Surrender is up for grabs today.

hehehehe

Comment

Oonagh McDonald Lehman Brothers: A crisis of value
                          1p not even 99p

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            Oonagh McDonald Lehman Brothers: A crisis of value
                            1p not even 99p
                            Have snaffled that one thanks. 1p. Who wouldnt.

Comment

Electric Shock by Pete Doggett is currently on sale for 99p, but I'm as sure as sure can be I'd never get round to his 900 page book documenting the history of pop music.

However, made a few purchases yesterday to prepare for my upcoming week at the beach, all 99p, unless indicated. They were:

Anthony Bourdain - Kitchen Confidential (£2.99)
                              Iain Banks - Wasp Factory
                              Dawnie Walton - The Final Revival of Opal & Nev

Comment

Gulwali Passarlay and 1 more The Lightless Sky: An Afghan Refugee Boy's Journey of Escape to A New Life in Britain

99p for a few more days

Comment

Ben Mezrich Once Upon a Time in Russia: The Rise of the Oligarchs and the Greatest Wealth in History

Comment

Karen Armstrong A History of God
                                    99p now

Comment

I like her stuff a lot. Her biography of Mohamed is worth a read too

Comment

Peter Doggett Electric Shock: From the Gramophone to the iPhone – 125 Years of Pop Music

Comment

Chris Gosden The History of Magic: From Alchemy to Witchcraft, from the Ice Age to the Present

Comment

Alexei Sayle Stalin Ate My Homework

Comment

There's a recent selection today, imho

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                                There's a recent selection today, imho
                                                Guessing at "decent"

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Guessing at "decent"
                                                  Correct. Predictive text.

Comment

Halfway through Bourdain's book, first few chapters were fun, but the drug years are boring and his anecdotes of restaurant failure repetitive. Have started skipping sizeable chunks of the book.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X