No announcement yet.

County cricket 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian Bell's innings (with support from the tail) sadly seems to have put the match beyond Hampshire, thus reprieving Middlesex. Arse

Comment

I don't think Hants are particularly more likeable than Middlesex.

Comment

Lancashire have been set 176 to take second place off Surrey.

Comment

But I want them to stay up because I live there, and therefore get to see Notts play there next season if we go up. Obviously if we cock it up, then I'll change my mind, and want them to go down, which they deserve for putting their ground in such a stupid place (and naming it after a sponsor).

Comment

Northants have just taken the fourth Leicestershire wicket. If that precipitates a foxes' collapse the promotion battle could be back on.

Comment

Fifth one. Leicestershire leading Northants by 97 at this point.

Comment

Never fear, Notts fans, as BBC Radio Leicester commentators are looking at the positives: that the turn on the pitch will help them when Northants bat again, and think they might be able to push the lead up to 200.

Comment

Notts 8 down now. I suspect that Sussex's bowlers are knackered though, so I doubt they'll enforce the follow on even if they can knock the tail over.

Comment

9 down.

One run needed to make Sussex bat again.

Comment

And there it is.

Comment

Hampshire have begun their final push for survival. Their target is an imposing 259.

Comment

Glad Yorkshire got their bonus points on the first day because it's all gone very badly since.

Comment

Yorks are 37-6. Good job for them they scraped home last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                              I don't think Hants are particularly more likeable than Middlesex.
                              It's historical

Comment

Have Yorkshire got some end of season party that they're in a hurry to get to?

Comment

Northants have finally got Cosgrove, but Leicestershire have a defendable total now. Notts tail continues to wag merrily.

Comment

Yeah.

But Fisher!

Comment

Northants take Raine, the seventh wicket. Leicestershire lead currently 171.

Comment

Leics now 8 down - lead by 175.

Comment

Notts and Leics both all out finally.

Comment

Northants need 197 to win. Probably knock them off before the close if the light holds up. Yet another dreadful season with little hope for the future (Would you like to see your team give Michael Carberry a 2 year deal?)

Comment

Lancashire beat Surrey by seven wickets to take second place, and it's farewell to Sangakkara.

Comment

Play not started at Sussex vs Notts, where time is becoming a serious issue. No play before lunch at Leics vs Northants.

Middlesex are another wicket down. Yet to start in Warks vs Hants

Comment

Middlesex five down. Would love it if Somerset pull this off. Saw (some of) Essex's triumphant victory march on Tuesday: a really astonishingly good bowling attack, up there with the 80s lineups. Can't be too long before Porter gets some England talk.

Comment

Middlesex 8 down for under 100. They look like they'll need a favour from Warks, but Hants are still only one down now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X