No announcement yet.

Rockinnreelininaucklandnewzealand - Rugby 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on the Wales squad are mixed, no Scott Williams, Thomas Young or Luke Hamilton are all strange calls. Hamilton has now been selected by Scotland and is lost to Wales.

The idea of playing a creative 12 is nothing new for Wales, Hook and Henson have both played there but not since the RWC in NZ.

If this was a real plan why wasn't it tried out in the summer against Tonga and Samoa when Owen Williams was there and ready, instead he got 8 minutes as a blood replacement and Jamie Roberts was the captain. Unfortunately this isn't going to go well unless it's Priestland and Biggar which could work.

As for other decisions how is Lydiate back? Cuthbert?

What's the point of picking Webb if he can't play in the RWC?

More questions than answers which has become the norm under Gatland.

Comment

I hate Marler - he epitomises all that's wrong with the game. I'm not a massive Haskell fan either, but I really wish he'd finished off that strangle.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
        I hate Marler - he epitomises all that's wrong with the game. I'm not a massive Haskell fan either, but I really wish he'd finished off that strangle.
        Agreed on this. Marler has had his ban reduced just to rub salt into the wound.

Tonight is Ospreys versus Dragons, not expecting much from this but looking forward to seeing a few players and their reactions post squad announcement.

Comment

Not reduced, rather redefined to the same terms as Hughes, i.e. the Anglo-Welsh Cup weekend counts towards it. If the disciplinary panel wanted to make sure he missed two tests, they should have banned him for four weeks rather than three.

Comment

Sale-Exeter 3-3 at half time. Not a thrill a minute.

Comment

Watching the Scarlets Blues on S4C, it's not come to life yet but it's threatening to do so. Nick Williams proves that he's just a thug and a bully with a ridiculous yellow card.

Comment

Scarlets should have had a try with a wonderfully worked move tight on the wing but the referee doesn't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

This is Glasgow's try against Leinster - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41866916

Well worth a watch.

Comment

Any sign of an Ospreys revival were blown away last night in Edinburgh. Tandy can't have much time left after this.

I hope Danny Wilson of the Blues is kept in Welsh rugby and given the backroom staff to do a job. The Blues had a good win last night over Zebre.

In other Wales region news Bernard Jackman has said he's going to bring in a dozen seasoned players for next season after assessing his squad. He wants them to go straight into his first team squad to support the youngsters next season.

Comment

I wonder how the live forward training session between the packs of England and Wales went today.

Comment

Tipuric and Webb are doubts for Saturday, the failure to call up Thomas Young now looking even worse as it will be either Cross or Navidi at 7 I suspect.

The Dragons have already started their recruitment for next season. The scrum half and loose head were obvious calls and hopefully Jordan Williams can fulfil his potential.

The rumours of the WRU funding Moriarty and North continue.

Bristol trio Rhodri Williams, Ryan Bevington and Jordan Williams join Dragons - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41872454

Comment

Worrying news ahead of the Autumn Tests:

Samoa rugby is bankrupt, says country's prime minster.

Currently only have tickets for the Wales v All Blacks game but pondering taking my boy to the match against Georgia too. May get to see London Welsh v London French at the weekend, depending on family commitments. Welsh got over 700 at ODP for the visits of Wasps (Proper) the other week.

Comment

WALES TEAM TO PLAY AUSTRALIA (Saturday November 11, KO 5.15pm)

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (71 Caps); 14. Liam Williams (Saracens) (43 Caps, 13. Jonathan Davies (Scarlets) (64 Caps), 12. Owen Williams (Gloucester) (1 Cap), 11. Steff Evans (Scarlets) (2 Caps); 10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys) (56 Caps), 9. Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (26 Caps); 1. Rob Evans (Scarlets) (17 Caps), 2. Ken Owens (Scarlets) (50 Caps), 3. Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs) (23 Caps), 4. Jake Ball (Scarlets) (26 Caps), 5. Alun Wyn Jones (CAPT) (Ospreys) (110 Caps), 6. Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (10 Caps), 7. Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues) (3 Caps), 8. Taulupe Faletau (Bath) (66 Caps)

REPLACEMENTS:

16. Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues) (4 Caps), 17. Nicky Smith (Ospreys) (14 Caps), 18. Leon Brown (Dragons), (*UNCAPPED), 19. Cory Hill (Dragons) (6 Caps), 20. Sam Cross (Ospreys) (*UNCAPPED), 21. Aled Davies (Scarlets) (2 Caps), 22. Owen Watkin (Ospreys) (*UNCAPPED), 23. Hallam Amos (Dragons) (11 Caps)

Comment

We're going to get smashed. It's a weak team with a weak bench.

Comment

USA @ Germany 11/18, @ Georgia 11/25.

Comment

Scotland Samoa has started, 15 minutes gone in a full looking Murrayfield. It'll probably be close for an hour before Scotland pull away.

Comment

Scores so far, shows what I know.
                                    Italy 19 Fiji 10
                                    Scotland 44 Samoa 38
                                    England 21 Argentina 8

Comment

All Blacks absolutely destroying France at the Stade de France

31-5 at the half

Comment

The kit clash in Dublin was even worse than the Boks' performance

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          All Blacks absolutely destroying France at the Stade de France

31-5 at the half
                                          18-38 It finished. Did they take their foot off the gas?

Wales 21 Australia 29. Not a lot to say here, better performance, same result.

Comment

Williams took a really stupid penalty/yellow card early in the second half that was converted and quickly followed by a converted try, and after that the ABs were content with maintaining their lead

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              The kit clash in Dublin was even worse than the Boks' performance

How was that approved? There's literally one top 30 rugby playing country that Ireland's jerseys clash with, and they pick a change shirt that doesn't change.

I'm probably spending too much time online, but anybody getting irritated at the complaints from Irish fans about the World Cup report selecting South Africa? Fair bit of latent racism going on. I'm no fan of the ANC but South Africa has hosted a rugby World Cup, cricket World Cup and football World Cup with no problems at all, has a bunch of new stadiums built, and a fair bit of infrastructure left over from 2010. Stop acting like it's a Third World country because you're mad GAA Stadiums with 80% terracing didn't impress World Rugby enough to finish first.
                                              Last edited by Flynnie; 12-11-2017, 15:29.

Comment

The sense of entitlement of Irish rugby pundits and fans is off the chart, they honestly think they're a major power, even though they've only ever won two grand slams in approximately 130 years and never got beyond the quarter finals of the world cup, also, the treatment of Simon Zebo is a disgrace, being told he won't be picked for his country if he moves abroad, meanwhile some journeyman New Zealander turns up in Connaught and gets handed a shirt. Delighted they didn't get the World cup

Comment

They haven’t not got it yet, World Rugby has to confirm the hosts and they may not go with the committee’s recommendation.

I’ve been pissed off since Italy dropped out of the running, it would have been the perfect venue.

Comment

Italy would have been great, and I’m surprised the FIGC hasn’t figured out they have a better chance getting new football stadiums built by hosting rugby than tilting at the Euros or the World Cup.

But SA hasn’t hosted since 1995*, is a far greater rugby country than Ireland (this weekend not withstanding), and has a good bid. If they win, fair dos.

*it has to be mentioned that Ireland has hosted World Cup matches more previously than South Africa.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X