World Cup User Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup User Names

Damn, I used to be #7. I'll get that bastard WOM.

Comment

World Cup User Names

and modesty and intelligence, you old, modest, intelligent thing, you.

Comment

World Cup User Names

sw2boer wrote:
        Anyone else think that MsD has had a disproportionately large number of profile views? And I’m saying this as someone who thinks she’s a “good thing”, in the “1066 and All That” sense.
        I have by far the fewest profile views of the top 10 posters. Either everyone already knows everything about me, or no one wants to find out anything more about me.

Comment

World Cup User Names

who said that, and why is there a quote from someone else?

Comment

World Cup User Names

Comment

World Cup User Names

'Out of the blue sky, of our depth of sea'? Not sure about the relevance of this to anything.
              Are you feeling OK?

That and the Alternative World Cup Users list was hardly necessary. Stats page or no.
              Is A Doctor Speaks trying to be funny, or is he just being an ignorant, offensive cunt?

Anyway, the alternative names list will be a great reference guy. Thanks for that, Herr Bundeskanzler.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Right. Long time browser who hasn't posted at all because I set up this account with my actual name when getting a subscription.

So using this thread to ask - when I go to my details it doesn't offer my username as something to change. It doesn't have a field.

So I'm puzzled.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Go to your profile, and then click the "Edit my Details" link over on the left-hand side.

This would be quite the record, a username change after one post.

Comment

World Cup User Names

I've gone for an internet translation of "Football Shorts" into Afrikaans. Can't help thinking that it's not quite right....

Comment

World Cup User Names

MikePeter wrote:
                      Right. Long time browser who hasn't posted at all because I set up this account with my actual name when getting a subscription.

So using this thread to ask - when I go to my details it doesn't offer my username as something to change. It doesn't have a field.

So I'm puzzled.
                      Welcome mike, I for one fervently hope your World Cup username will be 'Mike Peters of The Alarm'.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Harrie van Timmerman wrote:
                        Welcome mike, I for one fervently hope your World Cup username will be 'Mike Peters of The Alarm'.
                        I'm afraid I don't get the reference! Sorry to disappoint.

Anyway, that worked, thanks. I was going to my details in the top right. Glad to be under the shadow of internet anonymity again.

Not sure this username really works as a gag, but I'll go with it.

Comment

World Cup User Names

This is going to get highly confusing. I approve.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Bruno Sono wrote:
                            Hmm, that is sobering. Only WoE and ua have more posts than me, but they can at least use their popularity as an excuse. Time for an extended OTF holiday I think.
                            Not *before* the WC, though, surely.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Incandenza wrote:
                              Damn, I used to be #7. I'll get that bastard WOM.
                              See...this is why I don't come into football threads. They're vicious.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Antonio GramSheba wrote:
                                Bruno Sono wrote:
                                Hmm, that is sobering. Only WoE and ua have more posts than me, but they can at least use their popularity as an excuse. Time for an extended OTF holiday I think.
                                Not *before* the WC, though, surely.

Comment

World Cup User Names

It was either this or Renartheid, which seemed in poor taste.

Comment

World Cup User Names

JM Footzee wrote:

Not sure this username really works as a gag, but I'll go with it.
                                    Definitely doesn't work. We can't have some uppity Johnny-Two-Posts causing confusion.

Whole minutes of research went into my name change, exploring all three South African books that I've read. I reluctantly rejected "Cry The Beloved Cunt Tee Rex", on the grounds of good taste, accuracy and length.

So, er, this is me.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Whereas, all you lot went for something South African, and I went for something more cerebral, personal and something else but I am trying hard to not watch Charlie Brooker, so sod off.

And closer to who/m I actually want to win.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Well I hardly bother replying to threads anymore, not that I was prolific anyway, but the only SA/ooh aah related name I could think of was this. For some reason apostrophes are forbidden in user names

Comment

World Cup User Names

I'm not bothering to change mine, since The Exploding Abdullah Ibrahim apparently doesn't fit.

Comment

World Cup User Names

I've shamelessly bumped this as it's been amusing to see names change for the WC. I used to remember people by the clubs they support but alot of people hide that now.

Will give the name change a good think over.

EDIT: I've changed from morgan to morghana.

Comment

World Cup User Names

I had been planning Nelson Torolihlahla Mandela for a while, but it won't fit.

I'll hang on to this until I can find a definitive team to support, and a related pun.

Comment

World Cup User Names

I have struggled with this one. I became Chippy during the 2002 world cup as someone described me as a chippy scotsman. (In fact it might have been Euro 2000) So I have been wasting time on here for about 11 years...

I then decided to be a bit more positive and change it to Chirpy. Actually my life has been getting a lot better too so a good reflection.

I then tried to change it to Paul O'Freire as a pun on Paulo Freire but the lack of ' meant it looked odd. So now I am sitting with Chirpinho.

Need to do better.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Chirpy Alonso? Robin Van Chirpy?

Comment

Can we go back to our old usernames so I can log in as "myself" again?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X