• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X11 season 44 - A new era of Expressionism

Swine win!

Comment

Having opened up a healthy gap at the top of the OTF League last time around, Fourth Lanark and Amwythig Dragons immediately let it slip after Fourth were held 0-0 at home by Victorious Secret whilst Dragons were beaten 1-0 away Al Hammaya, whose win means the gap to the relegation zone is now seven points. Dandy Town closed the gap on the leaders with a 2-0 win at Athletico Deva, and Zeugmaspor moved back to fourth place with a 1-0 win at home to AFC Csiki Monkeys. Great Ouse Town won 4-1 at Red Star Oakland to climb to fifth place whilst Berkshire Swine won their game against relegation rivals Banik Roystonov 3-0.
      No change at the top of Division 1 as the top five all win their matches. A ninth consecutive win, 4-1 at home to Vita Mortis, means AFC Purgatory remain three points clear of second place Arctic Insects, who beat Hideous Towns 3-0. Nieuwegein Kneebiters stay third after they beat Bournemouth Rejects 2-0, and a 3-1 win at home to Pinewood Passers means Les Incoherents stay fourth. Whafedale Generals remain fifth after a 1-0 win away to Steaua Bridge, whilst AFC Banter are the only upwardly mobile side with a 1-1 draw at home to New England Mystics moving them up a place to sixth.
      Goal difference counts at the top of Division 2, and Red Star belle Vue replaced Hornville at the top of the table after they beat Boom Town 3-0 whilst Hornville could only beat Brutal Deluxe 2-0. ChesterBrooklyn Drawers waited until the second half to take control of the game as they eventually won 4-1 at home to Longtemps Derriere with Heffron Phoenix up to fourth after a 0-0 draw away to Les Incompetents. Ratboy Rovers won 2-1 at Real Guindilla to climb to sixth, whilst Thorntree Star won 3-0 at Burslem Port Fail to leave them rooted at the bottom with no goals and no points from 10 games.

Comment

jwdd27 wrote:
        Originally posted by Sits With Rivelinho

I bet typing that made you glad you'd chosen a Polish starter squad.
        Indeed.
        Mrs D27 is of Polish stock, hence the decision, but as I struggle keeping up with the Riszeks, Poldeks, Beatas and Bozenas of her extended family, not sure why I thought it a good idea.
        The youth team are all Welsh, reflecting my ancestry, so things will get easier.

Slomiany is doing OK but his form is bad despite his decent stats, perhaps I was hoping that the player would read the criticism and react to it. They do read this thread, don't they?
        Works every time. His four saves pretty much won Rovers the game yesterday.

Comment

Huge dilemma in the Heineken. Just received an amazing youth talent: 19/6 midfielder, Headers, Speed, Free Kicks, Excellent compatibility. He's worth 8.4m and just what we needed.

BUT there are ten games left and his DV is 3. I want to play him every game and train him to the max but have to ask myself if I would settle for him as a 20/6.

Comment

Sits With Rivelinho wrote: Huge dilemma in the Heineken. Just received an amazing youth talent: 19/6 midfielder, Headers, Speed, Free Kicks, Excellent compatibility. He's worth 8.4m and just what we needed.

BUT there are ten games left and his DV is 3. I want to play him every game and train him to the max but have to ask myself if I would settle for him as a 20/6.
            Play him, ten games is a long enough time to get him up to speed. His special qualities make a 20/6 look good enough.

Comment

caja-dglh wrote:
              Originally posted by Gawpus
              Which casually smears Zeugmaspor's fans as a bunch of total pricks
              I don't see how that is a problem. We have all known for some time that Zeugmaspor's fans are like that - it is good to see the game confirm it.
              Where has the smear campaign against our loyal fan come from?

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote:
                Originally posted by Sits With Rivelinho
                Huge dilemma in the Heineken. Just received an amazing youth talent: 19/6 midfielder, Headers, Speed, Free Kicks, Excellent compatibility. He's worth 8.4m and just what we needed.

Play him, ten games is a long enough time to get him up to speed. His special qualities make a 20/6 look good enough.
                Yeah, go for it; you might even then find you get a two bar jump the following season if he doesn't go up this time - those are some excellent SQs.

Comment

Thanks guys - yeah that's my inclination. He's too good to let go.

Does that double jump really happen? You'd need a DV right up in the high teens?

If Noirs de Bigorre win tonight all four teams have won in one set of games.

Comment

So come on Sean. spill the beans, what happened with Club de Sewell in the Heineken?

Major demographic time-nomb there.

Comment

All I get is a message that says that the manager has been sacked by the club, and if you click on his name it says that he is no longer registered on the site. Chances are he was operating outside of the rules or just decided that he no longer wanted to continue playing. If it was the latter, though, it's far more likely that he would have simply stopped logging in.

Comment

Battle between the bottom two, Swine and RSO, tonight. Can't see any major changes happening in the top flight table today though.

Whilst we're on the Heineken, I'm wondering if Great Bustards will achieve my best ever season. Currently we're on 11-0-1, and the defeat was a game where I didn't set tactics (though we might well have lost it anyway). My best complete season so far was in the Xpert Zone League, Great Tits (Centipedes United at the time) in Beginner Zone finished with a record of 19-2-1 and a +60 GD. I don't think we'll hit the goal difference this time and I think I will be taking my foot off the gas once we get to 40 points.

The team's performances have lifted me onto the top page of the managers leaderboard for the whole league as well, which is nice.

The best season with Great Ouse Town was 11-1-2 in Division 1.

Comment

Can't see any major changes happening in the top flight table today though.
                          Well, maybe one.

Comment

>> Can't see
                            any major changes happening in the
                            top flight table today though.

Janik, I'm already eating those words.

Comment

Having the player who was being tightly marked sent off, actually seems to mean that you play better.

Comment

My side are a sack of shit away from home.

Comment

Throwing a 3-0 lead away at home to draw 3 a piece isn't the greatest result, but at least Tugay got a hatrick.

Now we're on to the reverse fixtures.

Comment

kevinho wrote: >> Can't see
                                    any major changes happening in the
                                    top flight table today though.

Janik, I'm already eating those words.
                                    See press release. WTF happened?!?

Comment

I can see that Fourth's star striker was played in defence and Toll, Machado and Nedved had stormers for Banik - but still, that was quite the shock. I think The Likes Of Ouse/Deva/Hammaya will be looking over their shoulders a bit more in the second half of the season now...

Comment

It's the halfway point in the season and the OTF league title race is wide open after today's result at Banik Roystonov, where the relegation battling hosts managed to outplay their table topping visitors Fourth Lanark and grab a 1-0 win. That result opened the way for Amwythig Dragons to move back into top spot after a Henry Pritchard hat trick helped them to a 3-1 win at home to Athletico Deva. Also taking advantage were Dandy Town who eventually managed to penetrate the resilient Great Ouse Town defence for a 1-0 win to move up to second. Victorious Secret are up to fourth after they beat ten man AFC Csiki Monkeys 4-2, whilst Zeugmaspor are down to fifth after they threw away a three goal first half lead secured by Tugay Simsek's hat trick to draw 3-3 at home to Al Hammaya. Berkshire Swine moved up a place thanks to a 2-1 win at home to bottom side Red Star Oakland.
                                        In Division 1 AFC Purgatory looked like they would miss out on a tenth straight win at Wharfedale Generals until Vemund Nybakken hit an injury time free kick to break the deadlock and secure a 1-0 win to keep them three points clear at the top. Arctic Insects stayed in touch with a 3-0 win at home to fourth place Les Incoherents to remain second, whilst Nieuwegein Kneebiters are still third after a 0-0 draw at Steaua Bridge. AFC Banter Must Die are sixth, now level on points with Wharfedale after a 4-2 win at Pinewood Passers with Hideous Towns winning 4-3 after a goalless first half at Vita Mortis to move up to seventh. Bournemouth Rejects moved out of the bottom four, scoring two late goals after New England Mystics had a man sent off to win 4-2.
                                        Hornville are back on top of Division 1 and with a 3 point lead after a 3-1 win for them at Longtemps Derriere coupled with Red Star Belle Vue's 2-0 defeat at third place ChesterBrooklyn Drawers. Heffron Phoenix are fourth following their 3-1 win at Boom Town, all their three goals coming from Byron Ridings. Brutal Deluxe are fifth after they beat Ratboy Rovers 3-0, whilst the same result for Thorntree Star against Les Incompetents saw them move up to sixth. Real Guindilla moved up a place to ninth after they beat Burslem Port Fail 4-0.

Comment

Edged past the luckless Red Star Oakland who had another goal disallowed. Now must play them away and have absolutely no idea what to expect.

This season has been so bad that nine points at the turn feels like a recovery. I have mapped out a plan for which games we need to win and draw to have any chance. This will obviously be re-drawn throughout the run-in until we need six wins from the last six games.

Comment

I've now lost 6 in a row. Is there some kind of anti-fried-egg that I will now be awarded?

Comment

Inappropriate Random Events in XPert Eleven # 572(b). This arrived in the Inbox of my Golden League team:

Mirciulica Stiubei gets a nice win bonus from goals scored, so he decides to buy his wife breast enhancement surgery. When she comes home he admires her new look and his form goes through the roof.

I mean, seriously.

Comment

I had the same one a month or so ago at one of my teams, and was slightly gobsmacked myself. More recently, Vita Mortis defender Nickie Benn apparently came home to find his wife had left him — but he was going to divorce her anyway, so his form went up. So that's all right then.

Comment

ad hoc wrote: I've now lost 6 in a row. Is there some kind of anti-fried-egg that I will now be awarded?
                                                  If you lose enough you should see some icicles on your little form temperature thingy.

Was I the only one not surprised about Banik's win? We've got a pretty ropey record against them...

Comment

I just need three more points in the Xpert Zone and NSS Replicants will be in the top flight next season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X