Rafael Benitez Paranoia Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen Johnson the new Negrete, albeit from slightly closer range. He's made quite a start.

Comment

Johnson has had a good game so far. So has Bennie.

Lucas is the new Wilkins however.

Comment

This is a pretty shaky looking Man United team at Burnley tonight:

12 Foster
        03 Evra
        06 Brown
        22 O'Shea
        23 Evans
        08 Anderson
        11 Giggs
        13 Park
        16 Carrick
        07 Owen
        10 Rooney

Comment

they might look "shaky" but how many internationals are there? how many champions league finalists?

who isn't playing that should be? (ok, apart from berbatov)

Comment

Valencia, Berbatov, Scholes (at a big stretch), Fletcher, both of their centre-backs and their goalkeeper.

Which isn't to say that they shouldn't be doing better than they are.

Comment

1-0 Torres, er, 4 minutes.
              Yeah, made my night, Bill. Do you think Rafa had Torres read OTF to toughen him up a bit? I like to think so. If Liverpool win the league, I'll take the credit.

Comment

Let's all laugh at Manchester United. ha ha ha.
                Yes, Sir

Comment

Can I pay you to keep on making predictions like that all season G-Man?

Comment

FERGIE OUT!

Comment

Sir Fartle wrote:
                      FERGIE OUT!
                      Why? Who would do better?
                      Bryan Robson, perchance?

Comment

It's awful, Man Utd's challenge being over all ready.
                        As apparently Liverpool's was after Saturday.
                        Do you think the press will be so scathing?

Comment

I was going to post something similar hobbes. But that I decided to leave all the Peter Snow style extrapolations and generalising to the experts like the Tactical Genius.

Come May it will still be the same old top 4 teams. Plus ca change...

Comment

Lovely to hear on the BBC moments ago Anderson being booed followed immediately by a couple of rousing choruses of "Burnley are white! Burnley are white! Oh-oh! Oh-oh!!"

Aren't there fines for that sort of thing?

Comment

Seriously? Fuck.

Comment

Oh yes. Clear as a bell on headphones.

Comment

Just went back and listened to it again. It sounds like a small section of the crowd that happen to be near the mic. It peters out at the beginning of third time through and I didn't hear it again.

It was right at the start of the match. A mundane crossfield ball to Anderson generated boos which pricked my ears up. Anderson's cross hits a defender and is cleared and the chant starts up. Could it be anything else? Burnely are right? Bright? Burnley alright?

I'd appreciate a second opinion if anyone has Sky+ or a PVR and can wind it back.

Comment

Fucking hell. I missed that. Only had half an eye on it. Burnley the town is a BNP hotspot, perhaps not so surprising. But it needs stamping out and now.

Comment

On a different note, that would be giant-killing goal hero Robbie Blake who Burnley signed from... err... oh yes, Leeds! Just after he'd scored eight goals in our 06/07 League One relegation season. It really does get on your nerves after a while. Still, nice that he's doing well these days and I can't complain at a 100% start to the season for us. Our third season in League One. Urgh.

The following Leeds players from that season are currently with Premiership clubs:

Delph Aston Villa
                                      Cresswell Stoke
                                      Rose Tottenham
                                      Blake Burnley
                                      Healy Sunderland

Comment

hobbes wrote:
                                        It's awful, Man Utd's challenge being over all ready.
                                        As apparently Liverpool's was after Saturday.
                                        Do you think the press will be so scathing?
                                        No, because Sir said afterwards that Burnley deserved their win and didn't blame the ref for being too young/the grass for being too green...

Comment

Owen Coyle is my hero.

Comment

It could be an interesting season though, Spurs having won twice and all and each of the newly promoted teams having won a game. Who knows. Someone might even split the big four, probably Spurs or Burnley.

Comment

Toro: Count On It wrote:
                                              Hammill, as noted is out on loan
                                              Erm...

He's not you know.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2009/aug/10/N165358090810-1014.htm

Comment

statto - do you have the audio file?

watching the MOTD highlights. rooney was majestic for man united, sliding precisely-weighted passes through the defence like tiger woods. unfortunately owen was like a novice caddy politely deferring to friend and foe alike. here he is supposed to be making a comeback, and he is too chicken to demand the ball when his team get a penalty. good luck with that.

i already have a good feeling about the signing of glen johnson. he could be a huge influence on liverpool's play. i like players who dribble with both feet.

dvid james' new look reminded me of bubbles from the wire. portsmouth and hull look fucked.

the goals in panathinaikos v atletico were very good. i will not be amused if sebastian leto turns out to be the new gabriel batistuta.

Comment

statto99 wrote:
                                                  Just went back and listened to it again. It sounds like a small section of the crowd that happen to be near the mic. It peters out at the beginning of third time through and I didn't hear it again.

It was right at the start of the match. A mundane crossfield ball to Anderson generated boos which pricked my ears up. Anderson's cross hits a defender and is cleared and the chant starts up. Could it be anything else? Burnely are right? Bright? Burnley alright?

I'd appreciate a second opinion if anyone has Sky+ or a PVR and can wind it back.
                                                  I don't have to wind it back because I was there.

They were singing "Burnley are back," in reference to the fact that we've just returned to the top flight after 33 years and scored a fantastic goal against the champions.

This constant sniping at Burnley fans for being racist is ridiculous. Did it not occur to you that there are black players in the Burnley team also?

If this isn't a wind-up it's got to be the most idiotic post I've ever seen on here.

Comment

You have the coolest username on OTF...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X