X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Sits.

With regard to club colours, I like the Wensleydale Blues name but I have been considering a switch to green for a while now. Of course this would make part of the team's name redundant, so I'll have to think about a total rebranding.

Comment

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
      Well done Sits.

With regard to club colours, I like the Wensleydale Blues name but I have been considering a switch to green for a while now. Of course this would make part of the team's name redundant, so I'll have to think about a total rebranding.
      The Derby Sages?

Comment

Pink change kits and sticking with food, Green Eggs and Ham.

Or just Pea Soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
          Oh, those diagonals don't look quite right there. Switched to verticals on the shorts now, I'll save the diagonals for "sash" seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
            The Dandies background colour, ie the base shirt colour that was used before selecting manufactured kits, is actually black, so only teams that also have black shirts will be put into their change kit in home matches against us.
            Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
            So Whoft change against the Dragons only, I think. If foxy wanted to rectify this, I believe the trick is to change the team into the yellow X11 shirt, save changes, then go back and find the yellow Whoft shirt. Kernow Kensa also have a shirt which doesn't match the base colour, fwiw. So yes, with that in mind, the colour you see (for the 18 custom kits) doesn't dictate when they will or won't use the change kit.
            But in terms of the 'look of the thing' I should go with VA's authority of how they are classified within the custom kit menu. So that's yellow for both Whoft and the Dandies. I'll see if putting each colour in a separate post will avoid squishing.
            Ahh yes, that's better Kev, viewing-wise. But although I used to believe that the descriptions above are how it works, I'm pretty convinced now that this idea that kit clashes are determined by the two teams' 'base layers' has been revealed as incorrect. For the last couple of years I swear every indication suggests that it's how a shirt is classified within the custom kit menu – i.e. which option the maker selects from the "Primary color" dropdown menu when uploading – that is the deciding factor.

Bear in mind I've uploaded hundreds now so have had a lot of chances to play with this in action – and I'm sure that via my choice of option I can control when a change will and won't take place. So these days I certainly put more consideration into whether a shirt clashes with (e.g.) mostly-green or mostly-white kits, to decide which most needs avoiding before I register say a green-and-white striped kit as one or as the other.

In the same way, I would've selected 'yellow' as the prime colour for the Framleyshire kits on the basis that there's a lot of yellow-clad teams out there who would definitely clash with Whoft etc.'s primrose, so it was best to ensure a change happens in those matches.

Look at this game, meanwhile, from last season's Brythonnic Premiership. Rædfearne Island and Seattle Sounders are both playing in green kits – and both sets of players can be seen to be wearing green base layers. Yet the game seemingly inexplicably did not recognise a clash either time we met. I did a filtered search of my own custom shirt designs to make sure the Rædfearne ones appear under 'Green', and they definitely do. Meaning the only explanation seems to be that the Sounders manager must've accidentally categorised his as some other colour.

Comment

Aha, here's some proof of the pudding: Dandy Town v Hornville, at the Stade Andy Liver this very Monday.

The Dandies, as establised, wear black 'undershirts', while Hornville's players are in yellow ones, so no clash there. But both my Adam Ant-inspired look for the Highwaymen and SdR's marvellous custom home shirts for his side are classified as 'yellow', so there is a clash there. And, sure enough, Hornville are wearing their white change kit for this game:

Last edited by Various Artist; 04-05-2018, 17:16.

Comment

So how did you classify my brilliant new Sulawesi kit sets then VA? I didn't search by colour, just your "Most Recent". I suspect the current "home" are white, but last season's "home" were green?

Top Five designer now. We'll have to start calling you Velvet Armani.

Comment

Hehe, I quite like that. 4th place seems my limit, although 3rd could be gettable at a push. The top two are so far out in front they look eternally uncatchable; they have umpteen iterations of real teams' kits uploaded, so get permanent heavy traffic from all the clone Barcelonas, Bayerns, Man Uniteds, Madrids, etc. – even though the one in second place, Andpet, is no longer even a registered user of X11.

I'll have to check, Sits, but I suspect I classified both your Sulawesi home kits as green. The easy way to find out, of course, is to watch your game from today/yesterday and see what colour your text commentary etc. flashes up as!

I indeed always used to class any given shirt design simply by whichever colour had the largest acreage on it, and/or whichever colour appeared at the top, so the second green design here might potentially have been filed under 'white' once upon a time:

1: 2:

I'm OCD enough that I prized consistency above all else, i.e. the first pair above would either have been classed as 'green' and 'white' respectively, or 'white' and 'orange', with their matching elements counting the same in either case. Similarly, that set of three would either have gone under 'green', 'white' and 'orange' as a trio, or else 'white', 'orange' and 'grey'.

But as I say, more recently I've been thinking more, um, holistically (?) about these things – so nowadays I'll look at it in terms of which hue jumps out at you the most, perhaps comparing and contrasting with solid-colour kits. This tends to mean neutral shades like white get relegated to the "secondary color". And apart from anything, I wouldn't have wanted to unilaterally change your official colour without asking.

Ah, here we are – yes, just searched my uploads in-game by colour, and can thus confirm I did follow the latter theory. The first pair are filed as 'green' and 'orange', and the latter trio as 'green', 'orange' and... 'orange'. So anyone who happens to choose the last two as their team's kits won't technically have two differently coloured shirts – though they will do visually, of course.
                  Last edited by Various Artist; 05-05-2018, 00:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                    Aha, here's some proof of the pudding: Dandy Town v Hornville, at the Stade Andy Liver this very Monday.

The Dandies, as establised, wear black 'undershirts', while Hornville's players are in yellow ones, so no clash there. But both my Adam Ant-inspired look for the Highwaymen and SdR's marvellous custom home shirts for his side are classified as 'yellow', so there is a clash there. And, sure enough, Hornville are wearing their white change kit for this game:

So it's the colour that you as the kit manufacturer designated that applies, not the base colour that I selected. I never realised that. Time to change the base colour over at the Stade.

Comment

Normally I'd be in agreement with doing that Sean, but I have to say I think the black base colour on the your players' portraits works very well. It does after all match the neck, sleeves and shoulders on your shirts, and is the club's traditional colour.

I nowadays like to think of the portraits as showing X11 players in their 'training kits', which conveniently explains away differences in shade, pattern and collar from the match shirts as long as it broadly demonstrates the club colourscheme – and I could certainly imagine the Dandies wearing black ones of those.

Comment

I would like to have classified your 'dandy highwaymen' kits as black, by the way, to keep with the aforementioned club tradition, but in the end I decided I couldn't really justify it since if you look at them with a neutral eye they pretty clearly count as primarily gold.

Do you watch The Game? If so, you should see your text flashes up in yellow, which does give it away.

Comment

I don't watch The Game and haven't done so for a long time. I'm way too pessimistic to put myself through such agony. You're right about the base colour though, the black does look much better. Previous to the Dandy Highwaymen shirts that you so kindly created for us was a black and white hooped design, which is where the black base shirt came from after the club moved on from the 'Dirty Harry' shirts and Clint Eastwood character player names.

Comment

Just need one more manager to start the new Heineken League season, if anyone can help either short term or long.

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=62556

Comment

X11 Ladies Matchday 8 report. The traditional week 7 slight return.

Code:
                              Division 1a

Viking South Utsira	3 - 1	Juves tjejer
                              K.Hovland 41'			Martusciello 47'
                              B.Kvalvik 69'
                              Fudida (pen) 87'

Division 4i

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	1 - 1	Q.P.R Ladies
                              Vandenbergh 6'			Lever 94'

Gazzas Gals		2 - 1	Drakaina
                              Ackland 46'			Sietaridis 74'
                              Nilen (pen) 61'
                              Holden (sent off) 50'

Division 5:16

Erbil		 	0 - 0	San Francisco 9ers

Division 5:20

Chili Babes		2 - 0	Sockford Emollient
                              Brändström 23'
                              Jarlson 55'

Division 5:21

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	1 - 1	Bethanys Binos
                              Azeite 80'			Sales 72'

Solent Sirens		5 - 1	Glada Märsta Ladies
                              Abbiati 3', 34', 76', 79'
                              Feldt 87'

Division 5:28

Menywod Maeshafn	1 - 0	Danis Ladies
                              Millhone 62'

Division 5:31

Seba United FC		0 - 1	Csiki Girls
                              				Morientes 83'

Division 6:33

f.c vixens		0 - 4	LNWR Locomotive
                              				Heart 22', 92'
                              				Tashdjian 76'
                              				Ryman 82'

Division 6:36

1492er			0 - 1	Ullapool Northern Star
                              				Steck 73'

Division 6:39

Spandex FC		0 - 2	Invisible Ladies
                              				Stoneley 65'
                              				Björkgren 86'

Division 6:40

Zenit Odenplan Ladies	2 - 2	Witches of Chiswick
                              Månsson 29', 88'		Altstrand 23'
                              				Herrlin 70'

Division 6:53

Fight 2 Win		2 - 0	GGW FC
                              Almtoft 6'
                              Kesic 53'

Super Ladies		0 - 6	Zeugma Dostluk Spor
                              				Sales 45'
                              				Campos 52', 91'
                              			 	Raquel Pedroso 56'
                              				Forsyth 64'
                              				Blatherwick 78'

Division 6:56

Dublin City WFC		5 - 0	Republic of Ireland
                              Ciutacu 1'
                              Cruz 14'
                              Zachrisson 26'
                              Landucci 46'
                              Tyrell 82'
                              Having shaken manager Velvet Android out of his pre-game nostalgia fest, Viking South Utsira’s players took the Ragnar Rock field for their latest meeting with Juves tjejer.
                              Having won away to Juves the previous week, The Blood Eagles were strong favourites to complete a double. Despite dominating first half possession it took them a while to chip away at the visitors defences until Kristin Hovland fired in from t range on 41 minutes.
                              That might have opened the floodgates, expect Viking had to do it all over again after Juves nicked an equaliser totally against the run of play soon after the start of the second half. Bergljot Kvalvik headed Utsira back ahead on 69 minutes, and the lead was made permanent from the spot late on, Manuças Fudida converting.
                              The top three in Division 1a all won, meaning no change at the top of the table. VSU remain third therefore, two points adrift of Spearwives of Ygritte and four behind Eternal Wars.

Putting in a much improved performance was Coxy Ladies Wulpen’s first aim as they met Q.P.R Ladies for the second week in a row.
                              The Waders couldn’t have asked for a better start, Laetitia Vandenbergh heading them in front with just 6 minutes on referee Ann Onym’s watch. However Wulpen couldn’t build on that, instead finding themselves grimly hanging on for a backs-to-the-wall win that might turn their slump in form around. Janik’s side were within touching distance of that until, deep into stoppage time, a corner broke kindly for QPR to level. Which was no more than they deserved from the game, in fact is more like a pretty underwhelming return given the respective performances of the sides, but was still a punch in the gut from a Coxy Ladies point of view.
                              Drakaina made the trip to Gazzas Gals looking for a result to keep them top of the Division 4i tree.
                              Dragons manager Etienne was insisting before the game that his side were in for a tough match. Gazzas Gals were living up to their billing with a good first half display, and then the opening goal seconds after the break. However, four minutes after that a potentially game changing decision saw Gazzas Gals’ Ellen Holden shown a straight red card.
                              40 minutes to turn the game around... as long as referee Michael Steen didn’t intervene again to level things up. But he did, of course, giving Gazzas a penalty on the hour from which they doubled their advantage. Drakaina battled on and pulled one back on 74 minutes when Laria Sietaridis prodded home. She might have got an equaliser too if she hadn’t picked up a 10 day injury three minutes from time.
                              That late stoppage ended The Dragons rhythm and condemned them to a defeat which was accompanied by dropping to second place in the table on goal difference. Coxy Ladies Wulpen, meanwhile, are now fifth, but are so equidistant on points between first and sixth. 4i as pretty tight, really.

Too many draws was the cry after Erbil were held 1-1 at San Francisco 9ers in week 7. Would the return at the Erbil Arena go smoother?
                              Erm, can I get back to you on that one? The good news for Jdsx’s team was they didn’t conceded a goal this week, or indeed even a shot. The bad, however, was that they only managed two attempts themselves and neither were converted in a bore draw.
                              The stalemate was unbeaten Erbil’s fifth from eight games. They remained third in the Division 5:16 table, though the identities of the sides directly above and below them are both different as these teams swapped places around Erbil’s piggy in the middle.

There was trepidation in the air for Sockford Emollient having lost at home to Chili Babes in their previous match. Would things go any better away from Framleyshire?
                              There is no real way of answering that but in the negative, as this game was a sobering one for Foxy265 and his charges. The Gatorsharks didn’t have a single shooting opportunity all match and lost midfielder Lotta Ericson to an 8-day injury to boot. By contrast Chili Babes had 60% possession and 7 chances, of which they conceded two.

The fans making their way to Merapi-Kraton-South Sea for Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC vs Bethanys Binos may not have been overly hopeful after the two played out a goalless draw last week.
                              The first few minutes of the game would have done little to reassure as the Binos appeared more interested in kicking Sea Goddesses than the ball, picking up two yellow cards inside six minutes, a number that grew to five soon after half-time. This had a deleterious effect on the game, which failed to spark until late in the second half.
                              Once the teams did start playing, Bethanys Binos showed enough to make one wonder why they went down the violent route earlier, taking the lead on 72 minutes. However SeanoftheShed’s side were not about to stand for that, and levelled on 80 through Leila Azeite. That goal came directly from a free-kick, proving that crime doesn’t pay after all.
                              Solent Sirens meeting with Glada Märsta Ladies at Mayfield Park was a tale of three forwards, with one taking a particularly prominent role.
                              The match was an absolutely must win for Solent, so cometh the hour, cometh the woman as Geovana Abbiati took it on herself to see the three points delivered. She opened the scoring after just 3 minutes, firing home after Angela Cruchaga had set her up and then blasted in a second from range after 34. Glada Märsta pulled one back just after the hour, but Abbiati was far from done yet, adding two more in quick succession on 76 and 79 minutes, one a direct free-kick, the other a header.
                              I said a tale of three forwards, though. The bit part players were Simone de Beauvoir, who had to leave the field with a nasty 15 day injury early in the second-half, and her replacement Ada Feldt, who netted The Sirens fifth of the day on 87 minutes.
                              It was an extraordinary performance for such a key game, and it’s one that lifts Solent up to sixth in the Division 5:21 table, two points from safety and now with a good chunk of momentum and self-belief on their side. Kanjeng remain third following their draw, but are now three points adrift of second.

Menywod Maeshafn had suffered a setback in week 7 with a defeat at Danis Ladies that had cost them the midway leadership of Division 5:28. So IsThatcherDeadyet’s side were out for revenge when the sides reconvened in Wales.
                              Maeshafn certainly looked the stronger side this time around, going through the gears in the gradual wearing down of an opposition. Chances accelerated through the match with the winning goal arriving in the 62nd minute. The identity of the scorer was something of a silver lining for a black cloud, veteran defender Kinsey Millhone having been thrown on up front to make a nuisance of herself following a 10-day injury to forward Lisha Boye. She managed it to good effect, heading in from a corner. It was 35 year-old Millhone’s first ever goal for Maeshafn as she closes on her 100th appearance for the club.
                              Victory saw Maeshafn reclaim some of the ground they had lost the previous week. They are now third, but only on goal difference as the top three all share 14 points.

Could Csiki Girls follow their comprehensive win at home to Seba United FC with a similarly dominant display at the Moorside Chippy?
                              In terms of possession and chances, yes, it was a repeat of week 7. However this time the opening goal was proving frustratingly elusive for ad hoc’s side. Some Csiki fans may have wondered if it would ever come as chances came and went. However whilst time remained there was the chance of one more opportunity, just such a chance presenting itself to Maria Morientes on 83 minutes. She sad thank you very much and bulleted her header past a helpless ‘keeper.
                              Csiki Girls remain second in the Division 5:31 standings after leaders Cowgirls IF also eked out a 1-0 win. The gap between the sides stands at one point, with the Csiki’s having the superior goal difference. Third is a further three points back.

Comment

Division 6:33 leaders LNWR Locomotive put three past bottom of the table f.c vixens at Mollington Street in week 7. Could The Steamers match that in the return encounter at the bank?
                                LNWR were certainly pushing to do so, constantly threatening the vixens goal. However by the 75th minute they only had Phrigit Heart’s strike midway through the first half to show for it, plus another disallowed Heart effort early in the second.
                                Maybe Locomotive were just building up a head of steam, because the last fifteen minutes were free-wheeling as first Taleen Tashdjian, then Lisa Ryman and finally Heart struck to not only match but surpass the up journey.
                                The win kept Viktor Boskovic’s charges top of the table. In fact their lead increased by three points to stand at five as nearest rivals Stoke City Ladies XI lost.

Ullapool Northern Star edged out 1492er in something of a goal fest when these two met in Scotland seven days prior to re-commencing their battle in Germany.
                                Not being a German speaker, I hadn’t realised the name of Ullapool’s opponents was not a town but something pretty unpleasant, but having done that now they are being censored. It’s probably worth an admin email actually if there is anyone out there who can confirm it isn’t even a single entendre but just offensive as it appears to be.
                                Anyway, knowing that now I’m extra pleased that delicatemoth’s side won the home match and repeated the feat in this return. That it was a real mugging, Beatrice Steck’s 73rd minute goal, the only one of the game, coming dramatically against the run of play. Good.
                                The win kept Northern Star fourth in the Division 6:36 standings, a point adrift of the side currently occupying the play-off place.

Invisible Ladies were also facing opposition who annoyingly sexualised but in a limited enough way to allow the weak-assed moderators to ignore it (which they desperately want to do), Spandex FC.
                                The See-Throughs had been well beaten at home in the first meeting of the teams, so there was a complacent certainty of winning coming from the hosts. However Pebblethefish’s charges had other ideas, and turned in one of their best ever performances.
                                The opening half saw Invisible shading things, and also keeping their hosts admirably far from ‘keeper Persephone Ostrovski’s net. Having established their base, The See-Throughs then upped things several notches after the break, firing in a barrage of shots to the point where Dee Stoneley and Elly Björkgren’s 65th and 86th minute strikes were almost overdue rather than any great surprise.
                                The win didn’t lift The See-Throughs any spots up the Division 6:39 table (they remain fifth), but it did sending Spandex spiralling from top to fourth. Which is nice. Invisible are four points behind both top and second places.

The first meeting of Witches of Chiswick and Zenit Odenplan Ladies had been rather closer in its general play than the 3-0 final scoreline in favour of The Bewitched would indicate. That may have set a warning blinking ahead of the return in Odenplan.
                                It was just the single light on the display early on as Chiswick had good possession and a number of first half chances, culminating in Sarah Altstrand firing in a direct free-kick on 23 minutes. However it wasn’t just The Bewitched who were having opportunities as Zenit were creating openings of their own and they equalised on 29 minutes.
                                The second half saw fewer shots going in, but there were still chances at both ends. Johanna Herrlin put Wilbflibl’s side back in front on 70 minutes when she headed home a Natalie Mercier cross. The key difference between the two games however were the performances of Witches ‘keeper Miyuki Kurihawa. At Field Lane she had outperformed herself, putting in a career best grade 9 display as she saw off 4/4 shots. This time around it was just grade 4, as low as she has ever registered, as a second goal went past her (from 5 attempts) on 88 minutes.
                                The two dropped points allowed Marselle to overtake Chiswick and move into second spot in Division 6:40 by a point. It looks like it’s between these two for the play-off place as leaders Papperhavna are four clear of Marselle and fourth place is six points adrift of The Bewitched.

The first meeting of GGW FC and Fight 2 Win ended as a 2-0 win for F2W despite a battling performance from GGW.
                                The return was rather less even in terms of general play as SouthdownRebel’s side were chasing shadows and there was little doubt about who would win as the hosts scored early in each half. Despite this it would end up with the same final scoreline, Fight 2 Win not making as much of their control of the game as they might have done.
                                Would similar troubles afflict Zeugma Dostluk Spor at basement dwellers Super Ladies?
                                The previous match between the sides had seen Zeugma create a host of chances but only score three, and we looked to be heading the same way as it took Antepli Ejderha’s side 45 minutes and six chances before Juliana Sales gave them the lead. The game change however with a 50th minute sub that brought Penelope Campos into the fray.
                                Within 120 seconds, Campos had headed in a second and suddenly Zeugma found their scoring boots. Ana Raquel Pedroso made it three on 56 minutes, Rachel Forsyth nodding a fourth on 64. Super Ladies then lost a player to injury, reducing them to 10 and making them even more ineffectual than they had already been. Ophelia Blatherwick (Yorkshire Posh) took advantage of the being completely unmarked to make it five on 78 before Campos added a sixth with 91 on the clock, which is a nearly as late as her shirt number (she wears 97, and what is that all about?!?).
                                Zeugma’s win means they retain their 100% record for the season, which obviously keeps them top of the Division 6:53 standings. The lead over second is five points and double that to third. GGW remain seventh, two points ahead of Super Ladies.

Dublin City WFC had seen off the Republic of Ireland easily at something approximating to the national stadium last week. They were extremely strong favourites to deliver a repeat dose in the more homily surroundings of Phoenix Park in the return.
                                Any chance Ireland had of spring a massive surprise disappeared quickly. The flame still guttered a little following Adelina Ciutacu’s 1st minute opener, but was completely extinguished when Rita Cruz double the advantage after 14 minutes.
                                Ciutacu’s strike was the young forward’s first of the season, and she wasn’t the only promising youngster Mortal Joe had entrusted this match to. Cruz herself is only 22, but she is veteran compared to Denise Zachrisson; 18 year-old Zachrisson was signed earlier this season having played just three times for her first club. This was only her sixth appearance in a Dublin shirt, but it was one she will long remember as she netted her first career goal on 26 minutes. It was a good one too, a fizzer from range.
                                Goal number four was also from a scoresheet debutant, defender Bambi Landucci bursting clear to steer home seconds into the second half. It has taken Landucci over 50 games to register for the first time, but as a free-kick specialist her rate may increase in time. Though if she ever comes close to matching what Nancy Tyrell is achieving this season, Landucci will be going some. Tyrell netted the fifth and final strike of this one on 82 minutes, which took her seasonal total to 7 in just 8 appearances.

Comment

The X11 Ladies Cup, Round 5. How far can VSU go?

Code:
                                  Viking South Utsira	3 - 2	Trollboll FC
                                  Jönsson 13'			Sakamoto 52'
                                  B.Austrheim 61'			Power 91'
                                  H.Hovland 66'
                                  Some commentators had predicted an easy ride for Viking South Utsira against struggling Division 5 outfit Trollboll FC. The Finns were without a league win all season, but the Cup can do strange things to a side.
                                  Not that anything out of the ordinary appeared to be happening in a first half that Viking dominated in terms of possession if not chances, the Norwegians taking a single goal lead into the interval courtesy of Moa Jönsson’s 13th minute direct free-kick. However Trollboll were playing above themselves, looking threatening on the counter-attack and they drew level seven minutes after half-time.
                                  The Blood Eagles continued to have the lion’s share of the ball and were soon back in front, Birgit Austrheim heading home just past the hour. Heidi Hovland followed suit with a long-ranger five minutes later, allowing manager Velvet Android to sit back and let the rest of the game gently pan out. Or so he thought, as Trollboll proved extremely pesky, keeping the gap from growing and then setting up a grandstand finish when they got within in the first minute of stoppage time.
                                  There wasn’t time for an equaliser though as Viking’s fans breathed a sigh of relief. Next up for Utsira will be Division 3g side Babuskare, who knocked out Coxy Ladies Wulpen earlier in the campaign. Rather fortuitously, in this reporters entirely unbiased opinion.

Code:
                                  [u]Round 6 draw[/u]
                                  Viking South Utsira	vs	Babuskare (3g)

Comment

Thanks for the kit clarification VA. Bank holiday threw me yesterday and I just managed to set some tactics about 3 minutes before kick off. Luckily the Steaua Bridge team didn't seem to mind such hasty preparation and we ran out 3-0 winners. Phew!

Comment

Hideous Towns have a non-fragile player who's just been injured for the fifth time in two months. This latest one is a 21-day injury, which will take him up to 43 days out in those two months. It gives plenty of game time to the youngsters, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                        Hideous Towns have a non-fragile player who's just been injured for the fifth time in two months. This latest one is a 21-day injury, which will take him up to 43 days out in those two months. It gives plenty of game time to the youngsters, I suppose.
                                        Blimey that's tough luck HO. Have you been playing bruise recently (smiley thing)? Does he get marked a lot as a light bulb MF? It doesn't look as though any other of your mids has had a serious injury in their careers though, so maybe he attracts all the 'attention'....

Comment

I sold a player once purely for this propensity. Antso Murillo, defensive partner of now-veteran Matia Riesgo at the Old Spots. He was missing jumps through it, let alone games.

Comment

Speaking of selling players, I've had a rare glance at the Xpert Ladies transfer market, after my League Log notified me that one of Viking South Utsira's divisionmates has signed a 30/18 MF for just 3m econs – one distressing side-effect of having reached an 'official' Division 1 (or, in Viking North Utsire's case, the top flight) is that we find ourselves surrounded by teams full of players with so many skillbars they're actually hard to count. Seeing this cut-price behemoth arrive as a consequence of how the unique Xpert Ladies transfer market looks in midseason, I decided to see what similar bargains might be up for sale right now, just for curiosity's sake.

Restricting the search parameters to players of 15+ skillbars, the following results show up. It's fair to say that a 'mixed' assortment of budgets are catered for:

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                              Speaking of selling players, I've had a rare glance at the Xpert Ladies transfer market, after my League Log notified me that one of Viking South Utsira's divisionmates has signed a 30/18 MF for just 3m econs – one distressing side-effect of having reached an 'official' Division 1 (or, in Viking North Utsire's case, the top flight) is that we find ourselves surrounded by teams full of players with so many skillbars they're actually hard to count. Seeing this cut-price behemoth arrive as a consequence of how the unique Xpert Ladies transfer market looks in midseason, I decided to see what similar bargains might be up for sale right now, just for curiosity's sake.

Restricting the search parameters to players of 15+ skillbars, the following results show up. It's fair to say that a 'mixed' assortment of budgets are catered for:

175 million is taking the p!ss, surely, that whole team is 'only' worth 134 million....

Comment

Aye, but I bet Andrea Brumwell has a good engine.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                                  Blimey that's tough luck HO. Have you been playing bruise recently (smiley thing)? Does he get marked a lot as a light bulb MF? It doesn't look as though any other of your mids has had a serious injury in their careers though, so maybe he attracts all the 'attention'....
                                                  We never play bruise, and he's only been man-marked once this season. I hadn't realised none of the other midfielders had had any red-crossers. Maybe Bogdanovici is the only one who gets stuck in.

Comment

Had this for one of my Four Candles (OTF) players this morning...."X has been widely reported as having dated notorious porn stars Lottie Cummings and Cher Seaman in recent weeks. While this has been fun for him, he is now finding that it is suddenly very hard to pull, as girls see him as a cheap playboy and are concerned about catching something. As a result, his ego is suffering, and his form dips as a result."
                                                    Really?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X