No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was never any chance that this would go to a courtroom while he’s in office

Comment

Perhaps not him, But I can see a lot of people being involved in some red hot courtroom action, unless they all flip.

Comment

Di Genova is the John Bolton of the defence team
        The entire defence team is the John Bolton of the defence team, as far as I can tell.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/o...publicans.html

The Republicans aren't going to put up a bloke who did jail time over a mining disaster, are they?

Comment

Well they put a self-confessed sexual predator up for the presidency.

Comment

And Roy Moore.

Even Joe Manchin said this guy had "blood on his hands".

Comment

Tariffs on China coming up apparently.

Are these going to be steel tariffs? Or is this a completely different policy?

Comment

Different

And the details remain quite unclear.

As to Blankenship, you may have noticed that the Republican Party has completely lost control of the nomination process in many states

Comment

Not that they wouldn't put Blankenship up anyway. They love them some dodgy mine owners.

Comment

I just about get how the Republicans can sell mining safety standards in the abstract as a "war on coal". Going to jail over 29 dead miners would seem to cross a line though.

It's like sticking up Jesus Gil. Then again, he kept winning.

Comment

The people who support Blankenship believe that he was framed by what they would now call the Deep State.

To them, his criminal record is a feature, not a bug.

Comment

Things are worse than I thought. They always are.

Did the deep state actually kill the miners, or were their deaths "one of those things", like a slip catch going down?

Comment

"Real men" die at work.

It is part of their cultural heritage.

Comment

It's why we need these "good" jobs back. So real men can be real men again, dying for their bosses.

Comment

And I thought my Dad had a Stoical attitude to getting injured at work. But this culture is the equivalent of him saying "You have to expect a bandsaw to jump up and take off your arm occasionally, that's work".

Bill Bryson wasn't exaggerating about that bloke at the lumber yard who'd lost an extra finger whenever you saw him.

Comment

Can’t remember if it’s a James Kelman or Tom Leonard poem, just a very short dry piece on a guy slipping on a factory gangway, falling into a vat of acid, his workmate pushing him under with a pole. Or Seamus Heaney on Harland and Wolff, where stout proddy hammers might well rain upon any taig down below. Those were the days, before ‘elf and safety innit.

Comment

Mr Blankenship doesn't have many fans on Twitter. He's being regularly reminded of dead miners.

Comment

Comment

It's happening

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/976948048453668870

Comment

It's a crazy rapid churn right now, isn't it?

I can't help feeling that John Kelly has lost control.

Comment

If I had the money, this is the moment, I'd fill my back room with cans of tuna, and crackers, and fill my fridge with mayonaise. and buy 1000 litres of water.

Comment

Trump following through on his opposition to the Iraq War, I see.
                                              Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 22-03-2018, 23:20.

Comment

This is when I wish I still knew where to buy some acid. And maybe a plot of land before I started on the blotter sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                  If I had the money, this is the moment, I'd fill my back room with cans of tuna, and crackers, and fill my fridge with mayonaise. and buy 1000 litres of water.
                                                  What good would the fridge be though.

Comment

It's insulated and would keep it cool. Mayonnaise is pretty grand for a long time if you don't open it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X