No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a Teacher Who Went Through Firearm Training. And it was an absurd disaster.

Comment

It was the Jews!

In an interview with NBC, Putin said the 13 Russian nationals who were indicted by special counsel Robert Mueller may not even be ethnically Russians, which would apparently mean they’re not real Russians at all. “Maybe they’re not even Russians,” Putin told NBC’s Megyn Kelly. “Maybe they’re Ukrainians, Tatars, Jews, just with Russian citizenship. Even that needs to be checked. Maybe they have dual citizenship. Or maybe a green card. Maybe it was the Americans who paid them for this work. How do you know? I don’t know.”

Comment

Abramovich won't be happy.

Comment

Triggering the Tubbs

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/972851348067766273?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
            In an interview with NBC, Putin said the 13 Russian nationals who were indicted by special counsel Robert Mueller may not even be ethnically Russians, which would apparently mean they’re not real Russians at all. “Maybe they’re not even Russians,” Putin told NBC’s Megyn Kelly. “Maybe they’re Ukrainians, Tatars, Jews, just with Russian citizenship. Even that needs to be checked. Maybe they have dual citizenship. Or maybe a green card. Maybe it was the Americans who paid them for this work. How do you know? I don’t know.”
            Even beyond the open anti-semitism, it's striking how transparently absurd this argument is. How do you know? Well, they're named people, so why don't you just check?

Comment

Because Mueller named them in the indictment.

Edit: I suspect I missed a joke there.

Comment

The dick pics are coming

Adult film star Stormy Daniels is offering to give back the $130,000 she was paid for her silence so she can speak freely about President Donald Trump and release any text messages, photos and videos she might have.

The actress, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, made the offer Monday in a letter to Trump's private attorney Michael Cohen, who brokered a nondisclosure agreement with her shortly before the 2016 presidential election.

The letter is also being sent to Lawrence Rosen, an attorney who has identified himself as representing Cohen, and to EC LLC, a company Cohen formed in connection to the agreement and the payment made to Clifford in October 2016.

The letter says the money would be wired to an account designated by Trump by Friday. In return, Clifford would be allowed to "speak openly and freely about her prior relationship with the president and the attempts to silence her and use and publish and text messages, photos and videos relating to the president that she may have in her possession, all without fear of retribution or legal liability," the letter says.
                Legally, with Cohen openly discussing the deal, and with Trump never having signed the agreement, which has a signature line for him, would she even have to return the money in order to discuss what the agreement said could not be disclosed? It seems like the agreement was never fully executed since Trump didn't sign, and even if it was, Cohen seems to have voided it by discussing it.

Comment

Yay

Comment

Oh goody, we get to see if Cheeto Hitler's little Cheeto is as orange as the rest of him.

Comment

Since it probably involved him using google to find a picture more flattering from a size point of view, and his evident insensitivity to colours, what if the picture he sent her is of a black appendage?

Comment

We will have a week of pieces about how it doesn’t matter to white evangelicals
                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 12-03-2018, 17:45.

Comment

I just did a sick in my mouth.

Comment

The Republicans have decided to shut down their investigation into Russian collusion, saying there is no evidence, and too much time has been spent on it.

(It was a radio report, so I can't link.)

Comment

https://twitter.com/reaganbattalion/status/973362107260522496?s=21

Comment

Tillerson gone, to be replaced by CIA Director Pompeo

This has been in the works for months, but one wonders if this precipitated things

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/973339186424987648

Comment

Just wait, there's more!

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/973541867114639360?s=19

Comment

Well, good thing Trump picked someone who knows the CIA and will uphold their values.

Comment

Given how totally useless Tillerson has been, it's not particularly bad news to lose him. But, given Pompeo's reputation, we might end up wishing we still had an inept nonentity who was doing nothing.

Comment

We are going to see more senior resignations at State.

Haspel is not going to waltz through confirmation, either
                                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 13-03-2018, 13:56.

Comment

https://twitter.com/javimorgado/status/973555670246182912?s=19

Comment

I have to applaud the endless commitment to giving Russia a fair crack of the whip on any circumstances. You know, given everything...

Comment

That's not unknown over here either, in some circles.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                                That's not unknown over here either, in some circles.
                                                It appals me. I presume you're talking about this strand of the left that seems to have an endless infatuation with Russia. If it was just Galloway I could ignore it, but I come across it everywhere

Comment

I think Tubby was referring to yesterday when there was uproar when Corbyn pointed out that the Tories had taken almost £3m in donations from Russian donors and companies.

Comment

Ad hoc, yep, those people exactly. There's a very irritating strand that anybody calling Putin out is bristling for nuclear war.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X