No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if a regime of 100% zombies is necessarily great for the DVs. I imagine the toughness of the opponent also contributes to match scores and thus DV. By the same token, getting outclassed every game is pretty awful too.

I think there's a DV hot zone when doing generally well against reasonable opposition. Or something. Somebody will have a more scientific answer.

Comment

You're right about that Sits, my manager rating has remained extremely low despite a 100% record and monster wins so I'm sure it's affected the development values too.

Comment

Bit hacked off that the one 18/4 defender from my youth academy with good SQs I decided I had to sell (bought by MyShady's team for 234K) has turned into a 19/6 and is for sale at 4.26 million. Can't afford her now!

Comment

Drakaina vs Wulpen OTF derby.

Comment

The Xpert Ladies new season is now up and running with division 7 gone. That's right Kevchenko has his wish, no tier of Zombies and all the teams starting the cup from round 1. I've drawn the 27th seed so that's me out. I've looked at my rivals and three appear to be long term managers.

With this reshuffle has anyone got an unexpected promotion?

Comment

That's a big change to the format, and long overdue. Hopefully this will be rolled out in the official men's leagues as well. There are actually eight byes in the cup because there are only 1016 teams, whereas a full round would require 1024, so the quarter-finalists from last season go straight into the second round. For a start I thought I had got an OTF derby for the first round when I was drawn against Yopney St Oh, but it is Foxy's former team from his old account with a new manager who hasn't (yet) changed the old name. I should, of course, have realised this as I am playing Foxy's current team Sockford Emollient in a friendly on Tuesday. I do start and end the league season with an OTF derby, though, having been drawn in the same division as Andrew7610's Solent Sirens.

Comment

Zalec Zmaj are not making a great fist of this season.

Comment

Now that's quite interesting. I believe GHO are in human hands, is that right?

Comment

Not a great day for X11 news:

Heineken: Yarra Valley Aelwyd. Following post match comments by the Assistant Manager, the relevant football authorities have fined the club 41 000 econ and warned the Assistant Manager over his future conduct.

Human League: Following Capel Bethesda's surrounding of the referee and the subsequent hounding of the official for over 12 minutes in Capel Bethesda's last match, the authorities have decided to fine the club 406 500 econ. This has been upheld by the Association as a warning to other clubs whose behaviour is equally despicable in the future.

I mean - really?

Comment

@Kevin: If you mean the Great Horned Owls, they are in Division 6.3 in the XPert Ladies and have an active manager since 17.04.2017

Comment

In the last two weeks, I have got quite nice talents from the Youth Academies in 4 or 5 of my teams, two of them stood out.

For Tønder BK, 17/5 striker Torben Bendixen came in the team, he is a Diva, has headers and goal instincts and he is worth 6m econ and got straight on the transfer market. with two days to go, he has attracted bids for 3.3m econ. I hope he will get more but the problem is, strikers are always getting less money than other players.

For my Ballyfermot Rovers team in the Veterans League, I got Paddy Dun Laoghaire from the Youth Academy. He is a 20/6 goalkeeper, which would be as a vanilla player worth around 200.000. But he is good in the air, good at stopping breakaways and has great reflexes, so he has three out of four goalie SQs, which makes him worth 3.3m econ. With three days to go, he already has bids up to 2.3m, so I hope he will bring a nice sum of money to the club.

I have to say I really like the Youth Academies and I do believe they are good to create nice talents for the teams and can also bring nice money in the accounts of the clubs.

Comment

On balance I agree, and always fund the academies when I can afford to. But sometimes a team will go a season or two without a good youth. You just have to wait for them. My two poorest teams this season, Nakuru Warthogs and Gloucester Old Spots, are crying out for a salesworthy youth.

As for the value of strikers, agreed. When I don't want a particular junior player, I set my academies to goalies or defenders as I think they fetch the best prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                            Not a great day for X11 news:

Heineken: Yarra Valley Aelwyd. Following post match comments by the Assistant Manager, the relevant football authorities have fined the club 41 000 econ and warned the Assistant Manager over his future conduct.

Human League: Following Capel Bethesda's surrounding of the referee and the subsequent hounding of the official for over 12 minutes in Capel Bethesda's last match, the authorities have decided to fine the club 406 500 econ. This has been upheld by the Association as a warning to other clubs whose behaviour is equally despicable in the future.

I mean - really?
                            I feel more than slightly conflicted about receiving this windfall from last night, in The Human League of all places:
                            Financial Event
                            Cecilia Yubrechen-Myhart is not only a great footballer, but very beautiful as well. She catches the eye of a wealthy American businessman who donates 235 500 econ to the club in the hope that she will agree to go out to dinner with him.
                            For crying out loud.

I suppose it doesn't record the club's response, which would be contemptuous, whilst not being too proud to pocket the money unfortunately.

Mind, Cecilia Yubrechen-Myhart is both Cool and Tough, so if he did somehow find himself at dinner with her he'd better be prepared to get his balls stapled to the table with a dessert fork if he tried any fancy moves.
                            Last edited by Various Artist; 07-03-2018, 10:17.

Comment

Yeah there are still a few dodgy ones out there. Something about a glamour calendar I seem to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                Mind, Cecilia Yubrechen-Myhart is both Cool and Tough, so if he did somehow find himself at dinner with her he'd better be prepared to get his balls stapled to the table with a dessert fork if he tried any fancy moves.
                                If you need a rent-a-mob to hound him at dinner for over twelve minutes, I know just the gang.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                  Mind, Cecilia Yubrechen-Myhart is both Cool and Tough.
                                  You make her sound like the Milky Bar Kid.

Comment

Hahaha, yeah I did too, didn't I? I'd turn her blonde and give her glasses, except: a.) you can't give X11 players glasses, and b.) I'm sure there'd be more American businessmen out to give blonde players indecent proposals. Though we could always hire VT's mob as protection, of course.

Comment

I know we’ve done this before, but if I have one Pro League, seven Private and no Xpert Ladies teams, I pay for one “extra”, as a VIP, right?

Comment

I thought it would be two - isn't the VIP quota five private league teams?

Comment

From the Rules:
                                          Everyone has the right to join 1 Xpert league and 3 private leagues.

If you are VIP you are allowed two more teams in private leagues, that means 1 xpert league and 5 private leagues.
                                          I'm permanently quietly but pleasantly mystified by the system myself. Once the Xpert Ladies Loophole is factored in I swear I should still be paying for two extra teams to keep running 9 – since, ignoring the quasi-official Ladies, I have 7 private-league teams – but I only seem to pay for one. Whenever my payments are up-to-date, my Lobby page tells me I have 1X 6P, which even allowing for the Loophole clearly misses one out somewhere.

So if Sits is getting the benefit of the same quirk, then yes in theory it should be two extra he needs to pay for, but in practice it does seem to be just one.

I seem to recall mentioning this the other month, and Sean said he was in exactly the same boat and posited that all women's leagues count, i.e. our Human League teams are getting through for free as well.

Comment

Bit disappointed that this weeks episode of Only Connect failed to mention Whoft when it came to places ending in "..opolis". Da yout academy got over the perceived slight from the BBC but dishing up 17/4 defender Tristan da Cunha (look it up) who comes along with his own ice cube and will certainly be playing a big part in the remainder of Whofts games.

Comment

Not what I was expecting to find.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                                Da yout academy got over the perceived slight from the BBC but dishing up 17/4 defender Tristan da Cunha
                                                Oh, *applause* for that name Foxy.

Sits, I suppose burger joints are going to be found even in the remotest scraps of inhabited land these days. I'm just grateful not to hear there's a McDonald's there.*

Edit: *Yet.

Comment

Sits?

Comment

Meanwhile, may I please allow myself a moment of flagrant self-congratulation and post this here? I may never get this moment arising again, so since it's potentially now or never here's Sandringham Park Rovers' historic league progression within The Human League:

I'm not sure there's a result I'd have picked in today's top-flight fixtures, had I been doing the pools say. What a very peculiar season it's been so far. Not that I'm complaining after today's Sandringham win at Just Plain Random put us top of the whole shebang, for three days at least. Fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X