No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking the yellow card for Kompany was right. I reckon Vardy still had a lot to do, and at 30 yards out was not a certain scoring chance.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
      I never knew Manchester United had an official tractor.
      An old grey Fergie, I presume.

Comment

Paul Pogba may be a lovely chap when you get to know him. Hopefully he's not as big a twat as he seems.

Comment

I saw Mohammed Salah play for Chelsea against Shrewsbury in cup game a few years ago and he was terrible. Looks totally different now. That first goal was excellent.

Comment

Salah might just be the signing of the season. He's carried his Roma form forward, thankfully.

Comment

Salah wasn't scoring four in every five at roma. That first goal was beautiful, but there's still something a bit haphazard about him. almost like he can't really believe that he's one of the scoring sensations of european football. he's almot scoring at the same rate as anthony martial. That's how prolific he is.

Comment

Salah was notoriously profligate with his chances at Roma. He could have easily had that scoring rate with even average finishing.

It will be interesting to see if this current is sustainable.

Comment

you can still see that in his game. He's a curious player.

Given that we don't have the sort of players needed to pass the ball at international level, I was impressed at how slick Burnley's football was against swansea. Dyche is a maniac if he leaves that club before the end of the season.

Comment

Salah is fantastic at winning 50/50 challenges and his positional awareness and timing is spectacularly good. If he was as good at finishing as he is at getting chances he'd get 60 or 70 a season.
                    I do think Liverpool are set up to attack down the right though. Mane is less prolific this season (injury aside) because Salah is getting to through-balls that Mane got last year.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                      I'm not sure a song from 1997 will impress da yoof much. Grandad music innit?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        Given that we don't have the sort of players needed to pass the ball at international level, I was impressed at how slick Burnley's football was against swansea. Dyche is a maniac if he leaves that club before the end of the season.
                        No no no no no. I think that you’ll find, according to tactical experts on podcasts, that Dyche plays long balls into channels and up to the interchangeable Big Man and when faced with cultured players like those at Everton wouldn’t have a clue what to do.

Ignore the fact that we’ve been able to play that way for four years now. Everyone else does.

Comment

Looks like Sunday’s solitary free-to-air offering is Club Brugge v Waasland-Beveren on FreeSports at 5pm. Should be a belter.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                            Looks like Sunday’s solitary free-to-air offering is Club Brugge v Waasland-Beveren on FreeSports at 5pm. Should be a belter.
                            FreeSports also had the France versus South Africa rugby on as live this morning, I only noticed this well into the second half. There seems to be some decent stuff on this channel.

Comment

I was reading an old WSC yesterday and Adel Taarabdt was mentioned playing for QPR and wondered whatever happened to him, then I turn on Genoa v Crotone and there he is, wearing the Genoa number 11 shirt, also Genoas away shirt is quality

Comment

Boro-Leeds is like a parody of “full blooded” English football

Comment

Keith Stroud (or rather his assistant) strikes again. Ludicrous penalty decision.

One of those games where you want both teams to lose.

Comment

I've just turned this on, to witness Ayala delivering a forearm smash. Been that kind of game, has it?

Comment

If it was the same incident I am thinking of I’m not sure how voluntary it was given that Ayling appeared to be pinching his nipple and simultaneously shoving him at the time.

The penalty award was certainly absurdly perverse.

Comment

Ayling and Ayala deserve each other.

I was hoping for a Middlesbrough equaliser so that only two points would be shared between them.

Comment

Watford v West Ham is not a classic.

Comment

The David Moyes effect.

Comment

Arnautovic appears to be in a bad way here. Paramedics on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                The David Moyes effect.
                                                Meet the new boss...

Comment

Not feeling very optimistic, Eggy?

Comment

Watched the C5 Goal Rush from yesterday. Not sure who the pundit with Colin was but he got two things wrong about Shrewsbury. 1) the unbeaten run ended against Peterborough not Walsall. 2) they had a man sent off after 53 minutes. They didn't play with 10 men for 53 minutes.

We often hear that fans can't comment on games because they've never played it but ignorance like that really undermines that argument.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X