Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
    I honestly couldn't tell whether it was a "joke" or an actual sexual assault.

But no, it's not the point.
    My understanding is that the picture isn't the biggest problem, but Franken forcing his tongue into the woman's mouth. The photo is disgusting and humiliating, but forcing your tongue uninvited into a woman's mouth is sexual assault. I think Franken has responded with due humility, and he deserves some credit for it. There must be a way for genuine contrition to be accepted, and perhaps Franken's response is a good guide for how to express such contrition. But it's not a judgment for men to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      I think Trump is too dumb to consciously construct an antisemitic pun but a Freudian interpretation of unconscious antisemitism holds up, given there's a pattern and given that Trump must have had antagonistic business encounters with Jewish business people down the years, which he'd internalize in an antisemitic way.

He's just an antisemite. The fact that his daughter married the son of a businessman as repellent as he is who happens to be Jewish is neither here nor there. Trump is able to utter a million contradictory statements in his sleep. The only thing that holds the mishmash of bullying cruelty animal cunning and greed together is Donal Trump himself.

Comment

You just can't hide your anti-Celt prejudice, Nef. It just seeps out.

Comment

I think both Donal and Donald are derived from the Celtic Dòmhnall. But apologies to anyone offended...

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
            My understanding is that the picture isn't the biggest problem, but Franken forcing his tongue into the woman's mouth. The photo is disgusting and humiliating, but forcing your tongue uninvited into a woman's mouth is sexual assault. I think Franken has responded with due humility, and he deserves some credit for it. There must be a way for genuine contrition to be accepted, and perhaps Franken's response is a good guide for how to express such contrition. But it's not a judgment for men to make.
            Ah, thanks.

Comment

https://twitter.com/RonBrownstein/status/931997331477610496

Comment

Black men aren't coming for your daughters then.

Comment

`NYT thinks Flynn has flipped

Comment

That's sort of hilarious. Except that people believe this shit.

I seem to have accidentally linked to it but can't see where from the code.

Comment

So, apparently the American media have noted that Malia Obama has a boyfriend, and smokes?

Comment

Because one of her classmates sold her out.

I’m proud to say that no one in my class ever did that to our Presidential daughter (notwithstanding the National Enquirer’s standing offer for “content”).

Thankfully, the reaction has mostly been positive
                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 25-11-2017, 15:22.

Comment

Which Presidential kid were you at school with UA?

Comment

The troublemaker in me wants to say 'Helen Taft'.

But I'm going with Susan Ford or a young Nixon gal. It ain't Amy Carter.

Comment

Comment

Neat.

Comment

We also overlapped at law school.

Comment

Caroline Kennedy?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
                                        @realDonaldTrump
                                        Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
                                        The last thing we need in Alabama and the U.S. Senate is a Schumer/Pelosi puppet who is WEAK on Crime
                                        He might as well say "who is weak on black people".

Comment

He doesn’t need to

Comment

The ad campaign has started in Nevada for 2018. Dean Heller has had 2 commercials on, one by himself, and one by The American Chemistry Council, which I have a great suspicion is a fucking cheek of a name.

Comment

His opponent's never even won an egg and spoon race, by the look of him.

Comment

If you mean "the man who doesn't know how to smile" Danny Tarkanian, he will be up against him for the Republican nominee. But has NFC, although there is talk of 45 backing Tarka the Otter.

I think the main opponent is going to be Jacky Rosen, who is a pretty solid, but unexciting Democrat, and beat Daddy's boy (Tarkanian) last time out for a seat in the House of Representatives. But this was only last year, and may/will probably go against her.

Comment

And I was wrong: BOTH commercials were paid for by the American Chemistry Council. I wonder who they are... Let's see!

Comment

Ha ha, Tarka the Otter.

The bloke who wrote that was a fascist.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X