Baker & Kelly - back, back, back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has just said that England could have won it if they had been there. He is going to need some close scutiny

Comment

You took a bit of jeweller's eyepiece to what he actually said there BotD. I don't remember him saying it with any bombast - I think he was merely humouring the caller.

Come on man - it's him or Spoony/Alan Green/any other fucker - who do you choose?

I thought it was a good bit of getting his feet under the table - although he'll probably piss someone off and not be asked back at the end of it. C'est la vie...

Comment

No, he was running down the list of nations and he said that there were no great nations there and England could have won it if they had been there.

He did do a caveat of saying "I know a lot of people say this when England aren't in a tournament but..." but there was defintely strength of feeling behind it

Don't get me wrong, I am not boycotting the show because he said it but I am surprised that he did.

Comment

Ah fuck. I missed this, and as far as I can see, it's not available on Listen Again.

Comment

Oh wait, I'm talking out of my arse. It's here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/606/

(I was looking for something with 'Danny Baker' in the title.)

Comment

Ah, excellent. I missed it last night, something to listen to later on

Comment

Hmm. Didn't enjoy it much. The listeners didn't seem to 'get' what Danny Baker's about (there was a lot of truth in what he said at the start about "I've been away for too long"), and his female co-host certainly didn't. It turned into a whole show of fucking limericks.

Comment

I enjoyed it but it was uncomfortable to hear him struggling with a largely "Spoony" listenership. Watching it on the studio camera, you could see his relief at the few calls that started "Ahoy,hoy...".

Three hours over the tournament at that time of the weekend is going to be hard going for him, I can't help wondering if the point of it is a toe back in the water in the water for him and R5 for future work.

Comment

i enjoyed it. only a small number clearly didnt 'get' it and it will only improve as the run goes on

i expected a midweek show though given he has 6 and the whole thing only lasts 3 weeks, disappointing to have to wait until next sunday for part 2

Comment

Bump - second helping tonight at 10pm.

I heartily recommend watching this on freeview channel 301 (or pressing the red button) for the in-studio view.

Comment

Anyone else 'watching' 606?

Comment

yeah, wasnt as good tonight i thought

Comment

It's just dawned on me that Baker - Kelly = Meh.

The clueless 'Izzy' doesn't help matters at all though. Someone needs to point her at 200%'s blog and his fabulous archive of Baker & Kelly. Or that internet tree house site.

I was pretty underwhelmed after that tonight and I may even not bother on Tuesday.

Comment

I've just been on it.

Comment

Shit Polish football club shirt?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Apart from being horribly cheerful, I have a bit of a soft spot for Izzy since she started having a go at Franchise after their "fans" were ringing in after the Auto Windscreens Paint final thingy.

Is there anyway I can listen to these shows in NZ?

Comment

I managed about five minutes of Danny's ramblings, but that included Kowalski's bit. Llewellyn from Llanfairpwllgwyn was a bit of a giveaway.

Comment

What I've heard of it has been pretty good. I didn't hear the first show, but if there were any problems I think that was to be expected. Danny Baker's phone-in's are so vastly different to Spoony's or Lovejoy's.

Spoony or Lovejoy generally talk about actual football issues (but confined pretty much to the Big4 or the Premier League) such as the managers job at Chelsea or how poor referees are. Whereas Danny Baker works around the periphery - just take the idea of giving away renaming minutes in a game, or the limericks for each team in the tournament.

People who have listened to 606 in recent years, and not listened to Baker shows would probably have been completely flummoxed with how the show had changed from the last phone in of the regular season.

Comment

has he been pulled, that guy who does the lower league round ups, mark chapman (maybe the one who was in UFO) is doing tonights

Comment

Nope, he did the other (Weds?) night cos it's his birthday today.

Comment

Baker is back on 606 right now!

Comment

Kept me entertained on the long drive south from Barnsley last night. Great stuff.

Lumpy Liverpool.

Comment

Did anyone download the first one and can pass it on? I am downloading the second one now but missed the previous week.

Comment

Here you go Harri

Comment

Working...
                                                    X