Excellent manger fired for second time in 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound familiar? Yes AIATL, seems like I've read an identical SGE-bashing post from you a 100 times over.

(except I don't of course)

Comment

yeah, but it's still pretty accurate though.

in the 24 League games since the start of december, sven has won 6 drawn 8 and lost 10, been knocked out of the FA cup by sheffield united, and the League cup by tottenham at home. Sven got more points in the first third of the season, than in the second two thirds.

It's the typical promising start, exceding the performance of the poor predecessor, before lapsing into water treading malaise.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there'll be a job for him in the new season, involving a national team close to his heart, currently run by an idiot manager, that will crash and burn in Euro 2008.

Comment

Portugal?

He really likes it there. anyway I don't see a job in his future until city hand over all of the cash. Sven has got to be paid.

Comment

Swales out!

Comment

Stop hating on the guy AIATL.
              Just cos his female and financial game is tighter than you.

Getting sacked will give him more time to persue his main passion in life which is getting his wrinkly leg over.

Comment

I don't hate the guy. I want to be him. look at how much he gets paid, for doing so very little. It's my dream.

Comment

I am in complete disbelief. Stability is not a word associated with Manchester City, but for once it looked like the "Typical City" days were gone. City have been ensconced in the top half all season, which hasn't happened since Peter Reid, and have used a far more attractive form of football than "long ball to Quinn" to get there. If the past 30 years have taught us anything, it is that sacking a manager at the drop of a hat only works to the detriment of a club. This is particularly true when said manager has gained the club's highest top flight points total for 16 years, and has respect not just among his squad but throughout Europe.

There are those who question how much of an improvement Eriksson has made. Football in Stuart Pearce's final season was awful. The lowest number of goals scored by any City team in history. Joey Barton as the star player. Yes, Eriksson has been allowed to spend freely, but he has spent a similar amount to Roy Keane at Sunderland, starting with a squad of comparable ability. He still has much to learn about English football, as the collapse against a clearly inferior Fulham side shows, but the chances are that his successor will be new to the English league too.

The timing of this story is convenient. No more home games for supporters to voice their displeasure. On a wider scale, the club literature increasingly reads and sounds like party political material for Thai Rak Thai (e.g. A 5 page interview with Thaksin in the Fulham programme, and three other features about him or Thailand), and while Thaksin's pockets may be deep his football knowledge is shallow. Just ask Ronaldinho.

I'm clinging to the hope that the papers are mistaken, but somehow I think I'll be disappointed.

Comment

SGE has spent a similar sum to Keane but he started with a squad of far greater ability.

Papers are now mentioning Bilic to take over after EURO 08.

Richard Dunne is aparently top of Keanes shopping list as well as Keegans. Syd James's it is then unless theres a gigantic turnaround in the Sunderland wages policy.

Comment

There's a queue forming of fans who thought a foreign owner was their salvation but who now regret that very quickly indeed. Though it would take a particular kind of cockmuppet to not see that this was _exactly_ the kind of thing that was going to happen.

Comment

Not only ManCity got themselves a man of very dubious moral standards at the helm but also a football ignorant who seems to think he can just turn up and buy success straight away.

Comment

maybe having presided over a wage slave economy he just couldn't handle sven conducting his training session by phone.

Comment

Clock, Bilic just signed a new contract with Croatia through the World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                            X