What a livanbambayay, when the two Needhams clash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm interviewing Chris Needham for my local mag next Tuesday. Fucking YES!

If any Needamaniacs have any questions they'd like to put to the man - to add to the millions I have - stick 'em here. LET'S ROCK N' ROLL!

Is one of your questions "Could we be related?"

Comment

You've got to ask him whether he's modified his views on the green movement, in the light of rapid climate change etc.

Comment

[Whispers] Who is Chris Needham?

Comment

Ask him if he ever walked past the sixth form room and noticed an embarrassed youth with grated cheese down the front of his shirt talking to an impossibly beautiful Kate Bush lookalike.

Comment

PT;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yqJhX9EIotk

Comment

Nephew of Partridge then, yeah?

Comment

Just watch it. All the way through.

Comment

I always wondered what the fuck you were going on about until I watched it a few weeks ago. Brilliant, brilliant stuff, and Needham's a star.

Funny G-Man should mention Partridge, mind. Notwithstanding the age difference, I'm sure Saxondale's based at least in part on him.

Comment

I had the privilege of watching the documentary on the great man Needham in the company of our own, altogether greater Needham himself recently. I am following these here developments with great fascination.

Comment

Is his brother still into Quo?

Comment

I heard his brother's a session drummer, now.

Comment

That's really funny stuff.

Comment

Ask him if he wants to join OTF. I think he would fit right in.

Comment

Not sure about that. There's the danger that he might turn into a moral preacher...

Comment

I also threw in the bait of being our reviewer for any metal gigs in Notts that he fancied.

Wingco, introducing you to IBWCN was a pleasure. And FF, he said that he's only checking his e-mails at the library at the moment, so I doubt he'll have time for OTF.

Comment

Holy Moses!

Ask him to detail, finally, those ideas he came up with for solving the environmental crisis. You may have to reassure him that while impracticality is still an issue, someone is liable to listen to him.

I don't know, I'll have to think of a proper question. Just make sure you try to get a copy of the old demos.

Comment

PM for Taylor.

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

Replied to that PM, Nish.

Since the PM system on New OTF is effectively useless, I'll send on my e-mail address...

Comment

Cheers mate. Just PM'd my e-mail address to you.

Comment

Phone call made. NeedhamFest 2008 is ON. The Crash Gang is ready to ROCK.

Comment

He was fucking mint. Just the same. The hair may be tamed, the build might not be as slight and balletic, but within 30 seconds he was frothing at the mouth over a Scorpions gig he took Jane to, with his voice rising and falling in emphasis and octave, and I knew that this was the one I have been seeking.

People, I have been in HIS house (the same one - it has an AC/DC clock on the wall), drinking HIS coffee from HIS Judas Priest mug. I have stood at HIS Nan's window (it's now double-glazed, alas), and I know what HIS plans to save the world from global warming were. And, Metal God willing, he'll be coming to Notts in the very near future and having it with me and my chums at a live Rock karaoke at the local Goth-themed pub in town.

The full, three-hour, 12,000-word interview will be online at the end of the month. Take me away from this dismal little planet, for there is nothing more for me to accomplish here.

Comment

Oh my god, that is so amazing. (That pisses over all my celebrity photos too.)

Comment

And hang on, what's this I have in my hand? A copy of Made Of Steel - Metalheart 74? And his one and only copy of Chris Needham - Anthology, including the full version of I Don't Want To Save The World, his radio work on a one-week work experience at the BBC, and a full recording of Manslaughter's last ever gig?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X