Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southampton, Leicester or Sheffield Wednesday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will be Leicester.

I hope it will be Leicester.

Comment

I've thought for the past month or so that Southampton, are doomed. Over that period they've been incapable of generating anything resembling a dead cat bounce. Olly's lot on the other hand lot have been brilliant at losing key games at the just the right time. But a point against Sheffield Utd is the best the Saints can hope for I reckon. They're for the drop.

Comment

I also hope it will be Leicester. If only due to the fact a former boss who I didn't like much supports them.

Comment

I think it will be the Saint, they go to West Brom tomorra don't they - what are the final day fixtures?

Comment

i think wednesday will be ok, now norwich are finally safe i doubt we'll scrap that much on sunday

doesn't look good for southampton but i really hope they do it. mind you in this divison i wouldn't be too shocked if they won their last two games

Comment

Sunday, 04 May 2008

Blackpool v Watford, 14:00
              Bristol City v Preston, 14:00
              Cardiff v Barnsley, 14:00
              Charlton v Coventry, 14:00
              Crystal Palace v Burnley, 14:00
              Ipswich v Hull, 14:00
              QPR v West Brom, 14:00
              Scunthorpe v Colchester, 14:00
              Sheff Wed v Norwich, 14:00
              Southampton v Sheff Utd, 14:00
              Stoke v Leicester, 14:00
              Wolverhampton v Plymouth, 14:00

Comment

From a purely selfish who I'd prefer to play next season, it's Wednesday all the way.

Comment

Coventry are a dark horse in this race.

Based on fixtures and form it will be Southampton, but fixtures and form count for nothing in this division it would seem. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they got something from the Hawthorns tonight. Their big problem is that not only are they a point back and with some tricky fixtures to finish off with but the goal difference is against them too. The fact that Sheffield Utd have managed to squeeze themselves into having an outside shot at the playoffs doesn't help either.

Anyway, I'm certainly counting no chickens. I think on balance I'd rather have been facing a nervy everything to play for Norwich than a relaxed team who know they'll stay up and can make the game into a send-off for Dublin (and Huckaby?).

Comment

I'd say 50%-40% Southampton to drop instead of Leicester, 10% bar.

Having seen Leicester on Saturday, they look set to lose at Stoke, so Saints need either a home win to SheffU (or two draws, if they catch Albion celebrating too early).

More cheerfully, Saints should be able to re-sign Baird if they go down, he might have to skip a division to start playing again.

Comment

I fear for Southampton, although as one of the previous posts says, it's not inconceivable that they could nick a point at WBA tonight. Especially as it would virtually confirm WBA's promotion given their superiour goal difference.

Comment

anyone but Southampton. They are the least of a bad joke.

Comment

Coventry should be fine - their trip to Charlton will be an easy three points based on the enormity of Charlton's current ineptitude.

It looks like Southampton to me, too.

Comment

Oh God. I'm really not looking forward to tonight one little bit.

Comment

I really, really want Leicester to stay up, seeing as they're my second team, and it would be too much (although typical) to have to support two failures.

On the other hand, an Oxford v Leicester match up in division four the season after next would be nice.

Comment

Southampton or Leicester. Leicester won't get any more points, it just depends on Soton

Comment

I just don't know. On the one hand Saints always do that thing of losing to the worst teams and then beating the best ones. On the other, it's on telly tonight and we've not won on telly for about 100 years, and then next week Beattie will have something to prove and oh I don't know.

Comment

I really want it to be Sheffield Wednesday, but it won't. It's going to be Leicester.

Comment

and then next week Beattie will have something to prove

And Sheffield United are plying very well in general at the moment. They underwent a remarkable transformation at some point during the season. It's almost as if they spent much of the season hamstrung by being managed by an incompetent fool, or something.

Comment

All three are great potential away trips, so I'm not particularly bothered. I have a feeling it's going to be Southampton.

I work with a Coventry City fan and he tells me that they've been so awful this season that they deserve to go down.

Comment

Thank God for the gift of alcohol.

Comment

I hope Wednesday stay up. I used to live in Sheffield and have a soft spot for the Sheffield (slightly more Weds than Blades) clubs.

As a Brighton fan I would very much enjoy Saints going down.

Though I see Saints are playing Sheff Utd, so I can imagine the banter up there.

Comment

I hope it's not Southampton, a fair few of my friends will be devastated.

Also goes to show how bloody good Le Tissier was (and his supporting cast were pretty handy at times).

Comment

I think Soton's situation says far more about what has gone on in the running of the club ( I was going to write "behind the scenes" but unfortunately we know all too much about the actions of most clubs' heirachy now) than any one player or even a whole team.

Le Tiss wasn't there for all of their decades of top flight football was he?

Comment

Oh, dearest Matt. On Saturday Jeff Stelling was announcing the wednesday score and they cut to a shot of Matt with his head in his hands.

I wish we could bring him on this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X