Michael Jackson is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Jackson is dead

In the last two decades of his life, Jackson was in the habit of regularly handing out Coke cans filled with wine to his youthful male friends ("Jesus juice"). It was heavily rumoured that he was knocking back massive quantities of vino himself during that period.

Of course, it might all be made up by those who wished to do Jacko down, but equally it's hardly implausible.

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
      To change the subject a bit...

What's the deal with his voice? Most men, indeed perhaps all but him, don't continue to have such a high voice past the age of 15. I don't just mean his singing voice. If I heard his speaking voice on the phone without knowing who it was, I'd assume it was an adolescent girl.

Was it some kind of side-effect of singing so much at such a young age?
      In the press conference announcing his shows he has a pretty normal voice. I bet if you got him mad enough he could go into full angry black man mode.

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

His voice is an affectation, a self infantalizing mechanism.

fucking hell, I just saw the video for bad yesterday for the first time in years, and its a million times worse than I remember, I mean really, what was everyone thinking. It's the most stunning case of blatant over-compensation this side of ross kemp on gangs. It's completely preposterous, and I didn't even get to see the bit with Wesley snipes.

and the dancing? I appreciate that there is a high degree of synchronization with the other dancers, and impressive sound effects added to sharp turns, but there is something weird about what is ostensibly a totally sexless plastic man child grabbing his crotch and pointing in a very non-threatening fashion before running around a garage. The whole thing is about as convincing as a movie where Fred astaire leads the cast of cats into the jungle to hunt for THE PREDATOR.

And Martin Scorsese? Mother of jesus, Marty, I knew things got bad in the eighties, but the acapella singing face-off at the end of the extended version of the video would make the dead laugh.

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

Moonwalker was on telly yesterday.

Now that's preposterous...

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

Bored of Education wrote:
            Booze? Really?
            I know it's hardly an authoritive source but in it's "tribute" edition Popbitch referred to Jackson's troubles as ;

Prescription drugs, anxiety medication, a
            long-standing fairly secret alcohol problem,
            and the almost constant threat of bankruptcy.
            First I'd heard of it as well but it would explain a lot.

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

Still some good may come of all this;

Ver Hits is back, back, back!

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

HE'S BACK! His image has appeared in a Californian tree stump. Not that I can see owt...

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

It occurred to me last night that when the absolutely inevitable film of Michael Jackson's life gets made, they're going to need at least three different actors to portray the different stages of his life, aren't they?

Maybe Johnny Depp for the later period, Jamie Foxx for the pre-plastic surgery adult, and some as yet unknown young starlet for the childhood years.

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

It'll be like I'm Not There; young black kid, white woman...

Comment

Michael Jackson is dead

Hofzinser wrote:
                      It occurred to me last night that when the absolutely inevitable film of Michael Jackson's life gets made, they're going to need at least three different actors to portray the different stages of his life, aren't they?

Maybe Johnny Depp for the later period, Jamie Foxx for the pre-plastic surgery adult, and some as yet unknown young starlet for the childhood years.
                      And Keanu Reeves for the funeral, as he's being buried without his brain.

Comment

Working...
                      X