iPod help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPod help needed

My iPod is permanently locked, whatever position the relevant switch is in and the usual reset procedure doesn't work.

In fact, I can only get the creen up when it's on charge. Otherwise it's totally dead.

Time for a new one or can it be fixed?

iPod help needed

That's happened with mine a couple of times in the past, and I just let the battery run totally dead, and it was fine after I recharged it. Might be worth a try if you haven't done so already.

Comment

iPod help needed

Does it show up in iTunes? You can do a restore from there.

Comment

iPod help needed

Ooooh, how would I go about doing that?

Comment

iPod help needed

Hofzinser wrote:
          That's happened with mine a couple of times in the past, and I just let the battery run totally dead, and it was fine after I recharged it. Might be worth a try if you haven't done so already.
          I'd try it but I can't run the battery down as the device is locked.

Comment

iPod help needed

If you can see it from the computer, I am sure there is a way to do a full reset.

Comment

iPod help needed

Plug your iPod into your computer. When/if it recognizes the machine, go to the main screen and, where you'd normally click 'sync', click the restore button. It'll wipe it clean and reload it with all programs and your songs. It takes quite a while.

Comment

iPod help needed

Yeah do a restore, my iphone was playing silly buggers recently but it seems to be sorted after a restore

Comment

Working...
                X