What is worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is worse

Musicians trying to be actors or actors trying to be musicians?

I would go for the former as any idiot can make a half-decent stab at being in an average band whereas it is very easy to be a terrible terrible actor.

What is worse

I agree. I think that was proved quite often in the '80s, when music videos often had a storyline involving a bit of dialogue or 'acting'.
    See Springsteen's "I'm On Fire" for an example of egregious musician-acting.
    Having said that, Levon Helm was quite good as the grizzled, blind prospector in The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. And then there's Sting...

Comment

What is worse

Then you have Jennifer Lopez, whose first ambition was in the direction of music, but who became a movie star before finding supercelebrity status through her regrettable musical endeavours.

I'd argue that Lopez is not a bad actress. It would have been preferable if the woman who considers herself firstly a singer had rather stuck to acting.

Comment

What is worse

I remember reading in Smash Hits, around 1986-ish, that there were rumours of a re-make of Oliver Twist with Madonna as the artful dodger, Tina Turner as Fagin and Mick Jagger as Bill Sykes. Perhaps Bowie and Sting were busy.....

Comment

Working...
        X