Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calzaghe hopkins

Tactical Genius wrote:
    "Actually, to phrase my question differently and in a simpler fashion, where exactly has Calzaghe been over-rated and by whom?"

The british press over the last few days.
    Calzaghe wins controversially despite not apaearing to even wobble a well over the hill Hopkins and people are asking if he is the greatest ever british Boxer.
    Years? Bunce, McGuigan and the like have been saying for years that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Tactical Genius wrote:
    IMO Calzaghe is a typical Frank Warren boxer who builds up a big rep fighting in his home town knocking over a succession of bums whilst ignoring the true talent in their division.
    That's more a case of Warren looking after his interests, and not wanting the likes of Finkel, and before him King taking a cut or taking over "his" fighters though, isn't it?

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

i watched the hbo coverage last night and looking at that calzaghe won a lot more comfortably, john rawling has a lot to answer for

probably an idea to watch a fight with no commentary and score it yourself, they can put quite a twist on things these commentators

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

IMO Calzaghe is a typical Frank Warren boxer who builds up a big rep fighting in his home town knocking over a succession of bums whilst ignoring the true talent in their division.
        Genuine question - who is the "true talent" at super-middle that Calzaghe has wilfully ignored?

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

There isn't any, for the reasons I stated above - they all used super-middle as a stepping stone to light-heavy, or bypassed it altogether. He's bypassed them by not moving up until the age of 36.

Comment

Working...
          X