Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was that the most boring TV game of the season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the fortieth minute something happened.

I feel almost wrong for posting anything about it and ruining the perfect void it caused on OTF/WSC.

Two seasons in a row that a 1-0 Chelsea win has been the most tedious game I've seen televised in a season after their victory last time round at Bolton.

Shit without even the diverting novelty of a stick.

In the 41st minute nothing happened
    In the 42nd minute nothing happened
    In the 43rd minute nothing happened
    In the 44th minute nothing happened
    In the 45th minute nothing happened
    In the 46th minute nothing happened
    In the 47th minute nothing happened
    In the 48th minute nothing happened

I mean I could go on

Comment

Liverpool need 4 points from four games to secure 4th place (not like we'll need it, mind, after stuffing Barcelona in Moscow) and Man United are one slip-up at Ewood Park on Saturday away from fucking up the title ...

I think tonight's game was wonderful, actually.

Comment

I suppose to a Liverpool supporter that seemed like Total Football.

Comment

I think Avram Grant set his team out brilliantly to nullify the threat of a knackered and couldn't be bothered Everton strike force, yes. I hope he marshalls his troops in exactly the same way against Gerrard and Torres next Tuesday night.

Comment

Gravesen was complete garbage when he came on - well past his sell by date by the look of it. I am extremely grateful that Robbo repeatedly failed to convince him to come to Bramall Lane earlier in the season.

Comment

I wonder if Fulham will escape relegation two seasons running by virtue of playing Liverpool reserves a couple of matches before the end of the season?

Comment

Almost certainly.

Comment

Man City vs West Ham in the cup must be up there.

If not only for the reason that Havant & Waterlooville were beating Swansea City 4-2 in another cup game on the same night.

Comment

PM for you, mnb

Comment

Can I nominate the two Middlesbrough v Sheffield United cup games as the worst, quite possibly ever?

Comment

mnb098mnb wrote:
                        Man City vs West Ham in the cup must be up there.

If not only for the reason that Havant & Waterlooville were beating Swansea City 4-2 in another cup game on the same night.
                        Yeah, to show the game they (the BBC?) did that night was a shocking decision.

Comment

Meanwhile, The Guardian's Andy Hunter provides a transcript of Grant's excitingly detailed post-match press conference:

Reporter: A deserved win, Avram?

Grant: "Yes."

What particularly pleased you about the performance? "I'm pleased."

What in particular pleased you? After a delay "I don't know."

Is it a relief to win here? "Yes."

You seem lost for words. Are you more satisfied with the performance or the win? "Both."

You seem distracted. Do you have a problem? "No problem."

Is there an issue? "No. I'm ok. I have nothing to say."

Do you have a message for the Chelsea fans? "You represent the Chelsea fans?"

They must believe you are still in the title race, do you have a message for them? "No message."

Does this result mean you are back in it now? "I don't know."

You seem less voluble than usual. Is it because of Sky TV moving the game to a Thursday? "Maybe it's because of you. I don't know. I am OK."

You are saying that you don't know if you are still in the title race? "No."

Is it easier to say nothing, Avram? "I don't what to answer. It is a good question. I don't know what to answer."

Is this because Sky? "No. Sky is OK. I enjoy watching them."

Is it a protest against newspapers? "No. Why?"

Why else would you come in and refuse to answer our questions? "I answer every question."

You are two points behind Manchester United and you don't know if you are still in the title race? "No."

Have you told the players that you don't know if you are back in the title race? "What I tell the players is something else. You want me to tell you what I say to the players?"

We just want you to answer the question. Are you in the title race? "I don't know."

Would you not like to gain some positive publicity for the result rather than this bizarre silence? "I'm sorry. You can write whatever you want and I can answer what I want."

Have you ever played the yes/no game, Avram? No answer.

Comment

Sounds like the journos must be taking their cues from the moderators of the last Obama-Clinton debate.

Comment

The France-England friendly passed in the blink of an eye. 'Cos I got talking with all the other blokes who were bored watching such rubbish...

Comment

that something that happened in the 40th minute was also largely a result of an everton player miskicking a clearance into essiens chest.

Christ chelsea are dull. They've spent all that money , and joe cole is the only player in their squad capable of doing something exciting, and he's a hateful little shitbag.

Comment

I think "hateful" is a bit harsh. I don't "hate" Joe Cole.

"Pitiful" would be better.

Comment

He's a vicious little cunt. his efforts to break ronaldo's ankle last september are only one example of his hatefulness.

Comment

Working...
                                    X