France v England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France v England

Yes, that too. Bentley came on and almost immediately pushed over Malouda for no apparent reason.

Comment

France v England

Switzerland-Germany ended 0-4, just to give a bit of context to England's new era...

Comment

France v England

I got sucked into "Grand Designs" there, Dave. These people are building an eco-house into the side of a hill.

Comment

France v England

anyone still looking for a Sopcast link, there is a nice stream on GD Sports albeit with commentary in Mandarin.

Comment

France v England

Ah, I've seen that one before, 200%. Those "Revisited" episodes, you only have to watch the last fifteen minutes really. Having said that, this has been unsurprisingly shit. England have created nothing. Noth-ing.

Comment

France v England

I've kind of stuck with it, but there's not much going on. The biggest consolation that they can take from it is that France haven't been any better than they have, but France are going to have to improve on this considerably if they want to do anything substantial this summer.

Comment

France v England

Ah, Martin Tyler has just revealed how it's the scheduling of this game "so soon after GRAND SLAM SUNDAY which has taken some of the fire out of the England players".

Comment

France v England

Big Daves Gussett wrote:
                  The substitute board goes up
                  Yeah yeah, enough about the new 'improved' OTF.

Comment

France v England

Harry, are you watching this instead of the Wales u21s?

Comment

France v England

Ha ha ha, fucking hell. Presumably James, Lescott, Johnson, Barry, Beckham, Downing, Owen, Crouch and Bentley were all shagged out from watching it too.

Comment

France v England

That was a bit rubbish.

Comment

France v England

Pretty terrible, wasn't it? I'm minded to add, "What did we expect, though? It was an international friendly" to the end of it, though.

Comment

France v England

Jorge Porbillas wrote:
                            Harry, are you watching this instead of the Wales u21s?
                            Of course not, what could bring you to say such a thing?! My contributions to this thread bookended the u-21 highlights.

Seconds after Ched Evans nutmegged the keeper for our winner and the final whistle blew I switched to Sky as I was never going to get much from the post-game on S4C , was I?

Comment

France v England

Oh well, nice to see David James' England career carried on from where it left off....

Comment

France v England

So you missed my insightful interviews?

edit: to Harry

Comment

France v England

What no wingco report yet? What's he playing at.

Comment

France v England

So you missed my insightful interviews?
                                    I saw the highlights of your interviews J, most you standing there grinning holding on to the microphone, the only time we heard you speak was in english to brian flynn

Comment

France v England

Well of course, the other two interviews were with Welsh speakers!

Comment

France v England

Tyler was doing some excellent blame-shifting tonight. Aside from the "Grand Slam" Sunday thing, he also talked of how "ironic" it was that so many of France's players had "sharpened their skills in the English Premier League". Funny how this glorious crucible of technical brilliance had failed to have the same effect on England's.

Comment

France v England

I know, but we didnt hear you speak to them. as i say it was a highlights of the interviews

Comment

France v England

I've just listened to 606 and I must say the England fans are so pessimistic, won't they ever learn?

It's just a friendly, come the summer and it'll be alright on the night.

Comment

France v England

Hang on, did I get that right? Kirsty Allsop presents Grand Designs? Why did no-one tell me?

Comment

France v England

Because you'd buggered off in a huff.

Comment

France v England

200%, if it's the series I'm thinking of, Soul Deep was very good and I've been meaning to get it on DVD since it was broadcast. Quite why I haven't done yet I'm not sure. My only problem with it was that the final episode, dealing with 'black' music in the last couple of decades-ish, went on about hip-hop, R'n'B and dull-as-hell nu-soul, but failed to make any mention whatsoever of Acid Jazz. Ignore that one and the other episodes are all superb, though.

Oh, England. I left 10 minutes before the end. It was either that or wait another hour-and-a-quarter for the next train home (I love living near Bristol...). I really didn't feel like I was likely to miss any late goals, though... pretty ordinary from both teams.

And interesting how our lot looked MORE clueless after switching to 4-4-2, wasn't it?

Comment

France v England

Bloody terrible that. Did we have a shot on target all night? Fab needs to hurry up learn enough English to tell Becks and James to retire. Anelka dived.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X