France v England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France v England

There's a lovely flat in the centre of Paris on "Relocation Relocation" for £193,000, by the way. Is Paris cheaper to live in than London?

Comment

France v England

The England fans have ran out of songs already and are singing the national anthem. Deary me.

More importantly, I note there are advertising boards for pink Toblerone. What is that, strawberry flavour?

Comment

France v England

The MyP2P Media Player link for the England games works for me, but it's constantly buffering and -- I think -- a few minutes behind the radio commentary.

Comment

France v England

Woah, there! Pink Toblerone?

I've had a quick look at the website, and the nearest I can find says this:

New for 2007 is a Fruit and Nut version with a half purple cardboard box
          Which isn't quite pink, but almost.

Comment

France v England

Wow, what a terrible header across goal that was by John Terry. I mean, he only had about five minutes to get the ball under control there.

Mind you, England are nominally the better of two pretty poor teams at the moment.

Comment

France v England

False alarm, I'm afraid. It was just my Sopcast link making things look erroneously strawberry flavoured. I've had the fruit and nut one though and can confirm that it's lush.

Comment

France v England

Damn it.

I can confirm that strawberry flavoured Kit Kats are quite delicious, though (I think I got them from that Japanese supermarket place in London).

They sold Horlicks tablets in there, too.

Comment

France v England

Ah, well. 1-0 France, with David James showing exactly why he won't emulate Dino Zoff at the 2010 World Cup.

Comment

France v England

Oh dear. 1-0 down.

Comment

France v England

What was David James thinking there? Fair enough, he was completely exposed by some flat-footed defending but did he really think the ball was going to just roll through to him to scoop up into his arms?

Comment

France v England

What did David James do? Kirstie Alsop isn't saying.

Comment

France v England

Well, the thing is, I like David James. He's from the same part of the world as me and my school football team used to play against his (though, I think he's either one or two years older than me). He's more or less the only Premier League football whose company I wouldn't mind. But he can be a fucking terrible goalkeeper at times.

Hee hee - yellow card for Beckham. It would be fantastic if he got sent off tonight.

Comment

France v England

The commentary on my Sopcast connection is about half a second in front of the pictures. It's most disconcerting - takes all the excitement away.

By the way, I've noticed three or four players wearing black boots. Are they allowed again? Good show, I say.

Comment

France v England

Anelka was bearing down on goal and James decided the best course of action would be to go down on one knee and try to gather the ball into his arms. Sadly, he'd badly misjudged how fast the ball was travelling and simply ended up clattering into Anelka with his shoulder.

Beckham booked.

Comment

France v England

Was Ribery's t-shirt in memory of the same guy the minute's silence was for?

Comment

France v England

I only caught a glimpse of it but yeah: him and Franck's mate Hicham.

Comment

France v England

Play up, chaps!

Comment

France v England

We're doing our best, Noc, but the conditions here are appalling.

Comment

France v England

Aaaargh - what kind of half time shit is this on True Sports?

A Premiership montage to some wierd 'inspirational' music.

Comment

France v England

I don't know who the pundits are for international matches on Sky these days - can't be worse than them, can it?

Comment

France v England

Alan Mullery, covering the game on Sky Sports News, is dressed a bit like a French Fancy, as befits the occasion.

Subs galore!

Comment

France v England

David Platt in the commentary box, and Ray Wilkins and Glenn Hoddle boring for England in the studio.

Comment

France v England

the only way England are going to get a result out of this is if the Queen threatens to throw Sarkozy into the Tower. Come on, you old bag, why do I pay my taxes if they can't be used to intimidate foreign leaders into throwing meaningless football matches?

I notice this thread has gone deathly silent since The Apprentice started. Treason!

Comment

France v England

The substitute board goes up and the whole stadium rises to applaud the end of the evening for a special player on a special night. He waves to the crowd and takes his place on the bench as his fellow players congratulate him on another acomplished performance. Yes, Wes Brown comes off for Glenn Johnson.

Comment

France v England

Have they taken Beckham off, then?

Sorry, Dave - that only counts as three-quarters of a cap.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X