Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

I'm closer to Jason than Purves on this one, I think.

Comment

Who?

I watched it with two mildly engaged adults and more imortantly three enthralled kids.

Comment

Who?

RTD Xmas Special: weepiness + guest star + bombast + wilful shallowness

Moff Xmas Special: weepiness + guest star + ontological paradox + "---y, ---y thing"

Moff wins, yes, but here as elsewhere I just want Christmas out of the way

Comment

Who?

I was halfway between Purves and Jason on that one, but Purves is right with his last sentence.

Most of Moff's stories have fallen into two camps - the paradox (Blink/Pandorica Opens/Christmas Carol) and the collision of two opposing 'worlds' one all futuristic and spacey, the other all olde worlde or gothic (Girl In The Fireplace/Silence In The Library/Time Of Angels/Christmas Carol).

Moff really needs to deliver something new, because things are starting to get a touch predictable.

And - in other news, The Ambassadors of Death is coming to DVD later in the year. In full colour - it's been recolourised using the same technique they used toi recolour Episode three of Planet Of The Daleks.

Comment

Who?

The only thing my Sky+ managed to screw up while I was away over Xmas/NY was this. Any idea when it might get a repeat?

Comment

Who?

For Who fanatics

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/competition/2011/feb/15/doctorwho

Comment

Who?

How old is PG's youngest? I forget.

If not young enough, then he's going to have to have another.

Comment

Who?

Nicholas Courtney has died.

Comment

Who?

So, World of Warcraft with Timelords then?

Not that i'm being negative or anything, but it'll be shit. Unless, as someone points out in the comments, you get to play as a Dalek.

Comment

Who?

So, is anyone else as stupidly excited about the new series as I am?

Comment

Who?

When does it air?

Comment

Who?

Starts Easter Saturday, there are trailers flying around and there was a preview screening of the first two episodes in London last night.

Comment

Who?

I'm stupidly excited as well.

Comment

Who?

I'm stupid, and excited.

Comment

Who?

But yeah, it's great, isn't it. No matter how exasperated I get over the things that Russell Davies or Steven Moffat do to the show; no matter how mawkishly sentimental the plots get, or how many of the monsters are CGI'd in a way that will date as badly as the CSO stuff from the 1970's; no matter now convoluted and intrusive the story arcs become, or how raucously Murray Gold's foreground music rends asunder any semblance of encroaching menace; no matter how shouty the dialogue gets, or how often the sonic screwdriver is used to do anything other than open doors, or how many of the companions are saddled with tiresome family backstories, or how often the memory of old monsters is desecrated by poorly redesigned costumes and prosthetics... none of this matters at all, when the new season trailer appears and the programme once again becomes the single most important and exciting thing in the world.

Comment

Who?

Blimey, mumpo. As Peter Griffin once said, "You're more of a buzz killer than Buzz Killington."

Comment

Who?

Oh. I was trying to talk it up.

Comment

Who?

Mumpo speaks the truth. I always find my favourite part of any Dr Who episode is the trail for the next episode at the end.

Regarding the publicity about one of the 4 main characters
                                      dying in this series, I was immediately put in mind of Marvel Two-in-One issue 93 - 'And One Shall Die' - where one of either The Thing, Machine Man, Ultron or Jocasta actually dies. I won't tell you who dies, just in case you haven't read it yet.

Comment

Who?

I'm going to assume Jocasta.

Although I was pissed to see Kraven back alive, and comic book deaths usually meaning "dead for 3 and a half years."

"Stetsons are cool" got me.

Comment

Who?

Have they specified it's "one of the 4 main characters dying" then? In which case odds on it's River which is annoying as I had thought it was sure we'd get rid of that plank Rory for good this time.

Comment

Who?

Is that to remind us to flag spoilers or did you genuinely give something away?

Comment

Who?

(Whitey spoilers)

Thing is, they've all died, effectively, and been resurrected by Steven Moffat's temporal convolutions. There comes a point where death becomes so commonplace, and so easily reversed, that it doesn't mean anything, and certainly doesn't make any dramatic impact.

But hey, let's watch the episodes first.

Comment

Who?

Carnivorous Vulgaris wrote:
                                                I've included a spoiler. You can see it if you highlight the text.
                                                Duh, that always foxes me.

Comment

Who?

Shows how much Dr Who I've watched of late. 4 main characters? 4? What kind of insane inflation is this? Who are these characters? The Dr, his assistant and...? The tardis? the screwdriver? have they brought K9 back? The Dr has a posse now? What the fuck.

Grumble grumble modern world better in my day grumble moan

Comment

Who?

I was immediately put in mind of Marvel Two-in-One issue 93 - 'And One Shall Die' - where one of either The Thing, Machine Man, Ultron or Jocasta actually dies.
                                                    That's a fairly common device in comics, isn't it? Trail a (supposedly) major death on the cover.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X