Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley Walsh! Having a bad feeling about this, hope to be proved wrong

Comment

I'm finally up to the Capaldi period. I had greatly warmed to Matt Smith by the end of his term, so I was actually sorry to see him go. I liked him better with Clara, but I'm not crazy about Clara with Capaldi. Maybe it's down to whoever wrote each individual episode, but sometimes she seems useless and other times, she is good.

Comment

Yeah, they should have written out Clara along with Smith’s Doctor and jumped straight to Bill and Nardole. Though I loved her with Smith.

Comment

Maybe we loved her with Smith because she wasn't Amy.

Comment

No, I was pretty fond of Amy too. The Amy & Rory thing, not so much.

Comment

The Amy and Rory era was also the era where every plot line was about someone WAITING for a REALLY LONG TIME because that's the ESSENCE OF LOVE!!!

Comment

Capaldi is so funny. I'm on the 6th or 7th episode of season 8 and I'm ready for Clara to piss off.

Comment

I have a sneaking feeling your wish may soon be granted, FF!

I binge-watched the whole of that series you're on only the other week, but still have almost all of the most recent series still to catch up on, so I won't be able to look at your updates much longer at this rate.

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  The Amy and Rory era was also the era where every plot line was about someone WAITING for a REALLY LONG TIME because that's the ESSENCE OF LOVE!!!
                  It didn't end with them, either...

Comment

I'm 2 episodes into season 9 and Clara is still there, however, Missy makes Clara's presence tolerable. I hope she stays around for a while.

Comment

The BBC-America broadcast of the Christmas special was about 50% commercials. So disappointing (after watching the entirety of the last several seasons online with zero ads). I don’t think I'll be watching the new series on TV--even if I have to pay to watch it on Amazon Video.

But I might watch the first couple of episoded to make sure I like it before spending the money.

Comment

Fair play to you FF, Most Doctor Who fans are people who got into it as kids. It's quite hard to take it up later in life. It's a bit like playing hurling, or ice skating.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          Fair play to you FF, Most Doctor Who fans are people who got into it as kids. It's quite hard to take it up later in life. It's a bit like playing hurling, or ice skating.
                          I assure you, I am quite childlike in some aspects.

Comment

FF: Get a VPN and watch it directly from the BBC iplayer website.

Comment

I have a VPN already. If only I could make it work on my TV. I have a smart TV, but it's not as smart as the newer smart TVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                I assure you, I am quite childlike in some aspects.
                                having seen my neighbours kids master rollerskating, it seems to revolve around being able to burst into laughter when you fall heavily on your own bottom .

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                  I have a VPN already. If only I could make it work on my TV. I have a smart TV, but it's not as smart as the newer smart TVs.
                                  Is your PC/laptop anywhere near your TV? HDMI cables are your friend.

Comment

I'm going wait and see if I even like the new Doctor before I go through all that effort (no, neither my PC or my laptop are near the TV).

Comment

The special was a bit rubbish wasn't it? And I've read a bit about the first doctor. What would it mean to someone who only knows nu-who?

Link to first tweet in the thread that includes

https://twitter.com/arrroberts/status/945579317207228417

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                        The special was a bit rubbish wasn't it? And I've read a bit about the first doctor. What would it mean to someone who only knows nu-who?

Link to first tweet in the thread that includes

https://twitter.com/arrroberts/status/945579317207228417
                                        The Nu Earth/Glass Asses didn't really faze me. I mean, they're made of glass, not flesh and blood. It's a good guy version of Missy downloading people into Cyberman. Good luck to the New Earth finding every caveman in history.

And once we figure out a way to record memories, and as fast as technology is moving, we may see that shit in our lifetimes, much less 5 million years.

If anything, my only disappointment is there's really no new ground to cover. Really, what new baddies can be invented? What nefarious plan can they really come up with?

The show was much better this season, because it focused on the brilliant Bill-Nardole-Capaldi clan. Because Capaldi was so careless with Bill, and because we loved her so much, and because Nardole was so responsible in trying to keep Capaldi in line, and because Missy was literally a Jack-in-the-Box waiting to pop out, made for a very simple and effective premise. I can only hope we end up loving the new Doctor and her crew.

It was a decent enough show. 3 stars. Great twist with the Brigadier.

But like anything, I literally have no idea where this show can go.

Comment

We watched it out of curiosity, first since early Capaldi. Now we'll have to watch the next one to find out what happens next.

So if I read this correctly Moffat's going? I reckon the switch from Davies to him was a bad moment for the show.

Comment

I love Missy. I hope she isn't permanently gone. I think whether or not the new Doctor will be a success depends on her companions, doesn't it? I mean, if the Doctor doesn't have anyone to rescue, there's not much of a story.

Comment

lol.

https://twitter.com/LFCNev/status/975403198558154753

https://twitter.com/LFCNev/status/975403198558154753

Comment

BBC have released a trailer, no doubt iPlayer only so search it if you can see it (now probably on YouTube).

Female Doctor. Black man. Asian (Subcontinental for clarity) woman. Bradley Walsh.

Something for everyone to moan about.

Comment

They played it during their World Cup Final coverage. The bit that most intrigued me was Bradley Walsh being shown reading a copy of "The Beano". Nothing against The Beano but how does that square with advertising/product placement rules?

Comment

It was a holiday special from 1971 no longer available in the shops.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X