A trian Wreck Car Crash of a thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reginald Christ View Post
    Then I started a Master's degree, started messing around with a band again... I lost focus.
    Great way to lose focus mind.

Well done.

Comment

Well done Reg.

I passed at 35 at the second time of asking. Greatly helped by having the last slot of the day and the tester cutting the exam route short to avoid rush hour traffic.

Message me and we can arrange a boy racer style drag race on the M50. Souped up Sabaru at the ready.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
        On the upside, she got her BoatSmart license this week, so at least she sort of knows what the learning/testing is all about.
        Does that mean she can pilot the Midge/Gnat/Wasp without your being there?

Comment

Cheers Nick, EWN.

Originally posted by Ek weet nie View Post
          Message me and we can arrange a boy racer style drag race on the M50. Souped up Sabaru at the ready.
          Sounds like a plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
            Does that mean she can pilot the Midge/Gnat/Wasp without your being there?
            Pretty much. Although, cuz the flea is under 10 feet and 10 HP, a kid can drive it without a license. Which they did.

Comment

Congratulations, Reg.

I passed at the age of about 32, after two failures when I was much younger and had basically not practiced at all (one time I had no idea where the wipers were when it started drizzling in my test). I'd lived in Oxford and Manchester and London, so why would I ever need a car? [Edit: Just looked at page one of this thread, and appear to have said almost exactly the same thing almost a decade ago!]

Over here in the US people freak out at the idea of not learning to drive until your 30s. But then they also freak out when I tell them that the test involved 45 minutes or an hour of driving; hill starts; 3 point turns; dual carriageway driving; parallel parking with actual cars (not just traffic cones), and so on and so forth.

Comment

Working...
              X