• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new low in banking service

I went to the bank at lunch.

"I'd like to move money from my savings account to my personal account."

- "Do you not have internet banking? Why can't you do it at home?"

"...erm... I'm not at home now, and I need the money moved over for this afternoon."

- "Don't you have internet at work?"

"I don't work near here"

- "I'm sorry, then there's nothing we can do for you."

Yes, that is the actual conversation, translated word for word. They usually have a PC in the corner for customers who want to do internet banking, but it was broken. So the entire bank branch couldn't actually do any, well, banking. What the six of them do in there all day, I don't know. The "Bank Branches" have been rebranded as "Bank Shops", which seem to be places where clueless idiots hand out brochures to customers and kindly point them to premium phone numbers.

I think I might get rid of internet banking and make the bastards do everything manually again. They fucking charge me for internet banking as well, when it is saving the bank millions.

A new low in banking service

The Postbank charge you for statements and overschriving books as well now.

What also pisses me off is that now take an average of 20 days between booking money off your account and actually paying off your credit card debtwith it. Where does it go in the meantime?

I must admit, I like the control of internet banking though. Whenever I ask the bank themselves to do anything for me they always fuck it up, somehow.

Comment

Working...
    X