Steve Clarke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Clarke

I reckon he's one of the main reasons West Ham are looking like a team again. I don't doubt Zola has a lot of input on many things, not least on the enthusiastic/geeing up front, but I suspect Clarke's stuff on the training field is vital. I mean, he's got Carlton Cole to look like Andy Cole in the "He's rubbish, he'll never score...he's got that many, you say?" stakes at the moment and the curve appears to be upwards.

Meanwhile Chelsea are all over the shop since he left.

Steve Clarke

Heard Curbishley on the radio this morning talking about West Ham. Had to laugh when he, very rapidly, suggested that they have a fit and settled team now so that must be the reason why they're doing well under Zola. Curbs, of course, didn't have that good fortune.

The question is if Cole gets injured what happens then?

Comment

Steve Clarke

Cole is just having a little purple patch, a bit like the one Benjani had for Portsmouth a couple of years ago.

Up until Christmas he'd scored nine goals in 63 league games for West Ham.

Comment

Steve Clarke

I think at points in the last couple of months Carlton Cole and Jason Roberts have been the form strikers in the EPL.

Comment

Steve Clarke

How long had he played in those games and how many times had he been thrown on in a last ditch attempt to get something or to waste time. I do often think the stats never tell the full story. As long as he has a purple patch long enough for another player to get fit to replace him, that's fine.

I don't know what Curbishley's moaning about injuries for. He didn't have Bellamy, Zola doesn't have everyone's favourite penile wart, he didn't have Ashton, Zola doesn't have Ashton, he didn't have Ljungberg, Zola doesn't have Ljunbgerg.

I also see that squad players from West Ham seem to be popping up all over the place as we finally manage to shift some of the dead wood.

Comment

Steve Clarke

How long had he played in those games and how many times had he been thrown on in a last ditch attempt to get something or to waste time.

Well, 41 of them were starts and the other 22 were sub appearances.

Comment

Steve Clarke

I see Emile Heskey moved for a big fee recently.

Comment

Steve Clarke

This has been a very poor season for strikers hasn't it. The top scorers chart has barely moved at all for ages.

14- Anelka, his last league goal was 7 weeks ago
                10- Ronaldo, his two goals against west brom were his first since 15-11-08 (11 weeks)
                10- Zaki, 2 penalties at Christmas, his only goals in 3 months
                9 Gerrard last goal against everton last week
                9 Van persie, last goal last night
                9 agbonlahor 2 goals against Bolton 6 weeks ago, his only goals for 10 weeks
                9 Robinho, last goal 4 weeks ago.
                8 Lampard - a week ago
                8 Owen- last goal 3 weeks ago, his only in 6 weeks
                8 Crouch last goal 6 weeks ago, only one in 8 weeks
                8 Cisse last goal 5 weeks ago.

Comment

Steve Clarke

I agree that Clarke has had a big influence, especially defensively. But I'd imagine that Cole's recent run of form is from working with Zola rather than Clarke.

Comment

Steve Clarke

Well, as long as it keeps pissing off Neil Warnock, that's fine by me.

Comment

Steve Clarke

I think it's all down to Boa Morte's astonishing performances from the bench myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X