OW! en

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OW! en

Is it too paranoid to suggest that maybe Capello learnt something about Owen's long-term health prospects and that's why he doesn't bring him into the England running: because he simply doesn't want to have to constantly re-jig his side whenever Owen gets injured?

It's far-fetched, I know, but might training/medical staff secretly pass on such knowledge to a national squad manager?

OW! en

without wanting to seem flippant, i don't think it takes the under-the-counter medical advice of a team of professionals to understand that michael owen appears to be made out of wet toilet paper..

Comment

OW! en

I wouldn't trust anything the medical staff at Newcastle passed on to me anyway. Gonzalez sailed through a medical and has never been seen since, apart from on the Keiron Dyer Memorial Physio Table.

Comment

OW! en

Surely the fact that Owen isn't at one of the 'big four' tells you all you need to know about his fitness prospects?

Sounds like the Newcastle medical staff were the same lot who were at Spurs during 'the Anderton years'

Comment

OW! en

I remember when allardyce took over he pointed out that newcastle's players were out with injuries three times as much as his bolton players (even though bolton's players were on average older) and that one of the things that they would have to do was change the way that they trained in order to improve this.

He was then sacked because he wasn't alan shearer after six months, and so it continues.

Comment

OW! en

Wasn't it claimed that the their training ground surface was what was causing all the injuries too?

Comment

OW! en

that was Souness...

not that Allardyces fitness regime got any more games out of Owen than anybody else at SJP but thats Sam for you...

Comment

Working...
              X