Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match of the Day Last Night

Several things:

1) Kevin Davies' dislocated finger - fuck me that looked nasty. And he just stood there making faces while the physio tried (unsuccessfully) to wiggle it back in.

2) Karen Brady's MASSIVE comedy sunglasses. Something to hide perhaps, Karen?

3) Ian Gwyn-Hughes, upon seeing the Derby fans streaming for the exits just before half-time with Derby 3-0 down, says something along the lines of "they've had enough already!". I'm sure 99.9% of them were merely going for a pie/pint/piss, Ian. That may be what he meant, but to me last night it sounded like he was implying they were going home.

If they didn't, they must wish they had.

Comment

I was lucky enough to see the Scottish version. All over north-western Europe from Glentoran and Llanelli, to the furthermost rockall outpost of Foroyar, entrants in next term's UEFA cup will be salivating at having to face that QotS or Aberdeen defence. There was a gap as wide as the Solway firth for most of those second half goals.

Comment

Odd use of the word "lucky" there, DG.

Comment

I'm sure the commentator of the Derby game said something along the lines of "6,000 people have already got season tickets for next year - I bet they'll want their money back now".

I was only half-listening, but it struck me as a pretty daft thing to say.

Comment

Odd use of the word "lucky" there, DG.
            There are some who chose to watch the Scottish version over the English one last night. What they were showing seemed far more interesting...

I would agree with DG, though. The defending in that match was hideous. At least two of the goals were scored by players standing in five yards of space. Whilst clearly onside, and in the opposition six yard box!
            Part of why it was such a good game, I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X