Redskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redskins

Once in a while you rediscover an act you had nearly forgotten. So it was with the Redskins. Prompted by coming across the Redskins' excellent version of Bragg's "Levi Stubbs' Tears" (an incredible song) -- which I'm certain I on had on vinyl on a b-side of a single, I think -- I dug out some other Redskins songs.

If somebody had asked me about the Redskins, my answer would have been quite positive, but based on vague memories. Today I've been playing "Bring It Down (This Insane Thing)" on loop. What a great song. And "Keep On Keepin' On"; great memories.

Redskins

"Keep On Keepin' On" is the one for me.

Can you care and share their Billy Bragg cover? I never knew that existed.

Comment

Redskins

I never actually saw the Redskins play, and the only record of theirs I can remember was "Keep On Keeping On", but there'll always be a fondness in my heart for them, because I was an Eighties Student, and I'll always have a soft spot for That Sort Of Thing.

They did a Billy Bragg cover? I think I'm going to pop.

Comment

Redskins

What he said, care and share, man, care and share, go on, you know you want to.

Comment

Redskins

"This is a song by Neil Kinnock's publicity officer... Dieses Lied ist für Männer die glauben dass es schlau ist ihre Frauen zusammenzuschlagen."

Redskins - Levi Stubbs' Tears (live in Munich, 1986).mp3

And, hell, this really is so much better than Bragg's version.

I don't know where I knew this from. I was convinced it was a b-side of a single, but I can find no evidence of that. Perhaps a version was on one of the bootleg tapes I used to waste my money on at Camden Market...

Comment

Redskins

And for more Redskins caring & sharing: Here

Comment

Redskins

It Can Be Done is an outstanding tune. Used to see them in Nottingham all the time in the mid-80s.

Comment

Redskins

Is that blog yours then, G-Man?

I have the Neither Washington... cd somewhere, but haven't come across it in my recent cd purge, ripping everything and putting the cds away in a cupboard.

Comment

Redskins

Yeah, it's my blog.

I did the same thing: ripping everything I need and relegating most CDs into the cupboard. Except for one rack I keep in the lounge for decoration.

Comment

Working...
                  X