Hull City v Aston Villa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hull City v Aston Villa

Of course he did. But in Liverpool-land, that's all fine and dandy because they're playing Man United and, y'know, they really need to win the match.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

"Come on Tony. Compared to Mark Hughes O'Neill is a beginner in the art of complaining about referees. Though Arsene Wenger remains the master".

Well you're right but I have said that I dislike that about Hughes so I'm consistent.

What I always liked about having Pearce and then Eriksson at the club was the lack of both after match whining and referee abuse. We didn't win anything but at least we went about our business with a bit of common decency and integrity.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Tony C wrote:

"What I always liked about having Pearce and then Eriksson at the club... at least we went about our business with a bit of common decency and integrity"

Er, at least one of those managers worked for Shinawatra, "common decency and integrity"?!

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

the only reason that sven didn't bitch about anything was because he couldn't give a flying fuck what happened. The sooner he picked up his payoff in a front loader, then the happier he was.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

"Er, at least one of those managers worked for Shinawatra, "common decency and integrity"?!

Er, yes.

The idea that you can work for a complete shit but remain true to your own reasonable values can't be beyond you, Hari. It happens a million times a day on a global scale.

And, AIATL I don't buy into your Eriksson theory at all. He's shown commendable restraint and dignity wherever he has worked - it's his nature. Or are you suggesting that his lack of bluster meant that he din't give a damn about Benfica, Sampdoria or any other team in his charge either?

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Come on Tony, I don't even think you believe that line yourself! Eriksson wasn't some minimum wage rube on the shop floor, he was a direct apointee of a man with a well known incredibly dubious past who enthusiastically trousered large amounts of cash and didn't give a fuck about the morality of his employer. To try and make out the fact that he didn't complain about refereeing decisions somehow outweighs that (and that O'Neil is some kind of monster because he does complain) is laughable.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Well, yes and no, Hari.

Whilst Eriksson did indeed shake hands with the devil I really liked the way he conducted himself during his time with us. I detested the Shinawatra tenure at City but Eriksson made the situation slightly more tolerable because his manner gave the club a shred of respectability when we really needed (and certainly didn't deserve) it.

As I stated previously, a part of this manner included a refusal to criticise refs in post-match interviews. I'm certainly not suggesting that this "outweighs" his other indiscretions, though. It's just that it made a refreshing change from the easy-target whineging of Wenger, Ferguson and now O'Neill.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

It could of course be argued that Sven just didn't want to rock the boat in any way, shape or form.

He certainly had the air of a man who knew he wasn't going to be there for years on end.

Comment

Working...
                  X