Hull City v Aston Villa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hull City v Aston Villa

The lack of comment on here regarding it is a good indication of the game so far, 52 minutes in.

Two points worth noting though;

A) it's the two nicest kits in the EPL.

B) Phil Brown appears to be indulging in some kind of Tom Baker Ostentatious Scarf Arms Race with his former boss Sam Allardyce. His one tonight is astounding, probably a Xmas present and possibly Missoni.

Hull City v Aston Villa

does steve bennett see anything? he books petrov for protesting after the officials rob villa of a corner by missing an incredibly obvious deflection. then marlon king bounces the ball NBA style, everyone stops - and bennett sees nothing.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

That's the Sam Ricketts we know and love. 1-0 Villa.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

There's a good darts match on Sky Sports 2, you know.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Ouch! What a kick in the guts.I was just pondering how astounding it would be if a back four with Sam Ricketts and Paul McShane in it kept a clean sheet.

Hull could still go down.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Penalty. Except not!

Steve Bennett changes his mind... he's not having the best of games, tonight (though he's right to change his mind - that hit the bar).

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

This ref is just a fucking shambles.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

he sees dead people.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Terrible game, though livened up by a correct score prediction for me...

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Was anyone else watching this on the 'YES' channel on the P2P streams?

Whoever was in control kept occasionally flicking over to the darts (the whole of half time was darts in fact) and has some sort of overlay technology and kept putting stupid scrolling messages over the top of the action.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Well 0-0 would have been a fair result. But hey.. etc.

Hull are a good team as Harri points out they have a great kit.

I don't know how cold it was up there, but blimey, its bastard freezing down here.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Scarf Wars;

Brown

Allardyce

Neither of them are rocking the Mourinho Metrosexual knot either which I thought was an essential prerequisite for any Premier League bosses knitted neckwear.

Mind you, having just seen Paulo Sousa's huge shawl on 'The Championship' I think both of them having some promising young continental opposition in the lower leagues.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

I thought Brown's had Chrimbo present written all over it.

Sam however was out the door before his mum could tie a proper knot. He will get no sympathy when he gets the sniffels.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Garcia has had Steve Bennett's name rattling around the walls of his head ever since the Mascherano "fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, fuck off" episode some eight months ago.

I am staggered that at least two people on this board appear to think Hull have a great kit. It is an even cruder version of this.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

It really isn't you know.

This ;

is only slightly more crude than that over-logoed monstrosity.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

How sweet it was to have the wingco text me the result and the fortitous nature of it, just as I walked into the arrivals hall at Gatwick tonight.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

...and by the way, the wingco's chrimbo scarf knocks those two into a cocked hat so to speak. It's much nicer than either of those two on display upthread.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Harri Xmas wrote:
                                    is only slightly more crude than that over-logoed monstrosity.
                                    There is only one ad logo on that jersey. The other marks are the GAA badge, the Kilkenny badge, and the name of the company who made the strip.

Hull's current jersey is disgusting and that thing you posted looks like someone drove an SUV over it.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Garcia has had Steve Bennett's name rattling around the walls of his head ever since the Mascherano "fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, fuck off" episode some eight months ago.
                                      i see the rewriting of history proceeds apace. "fuck off, fuck off, fuck off" is what rooney tells officials - most recently at stoke after elbowing faye. i asked mascherano personally what he said to bennett, he told me it was "only football things... nothing bad, no?" so you can fuck off, fuck off [etc]

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

given that mascherano has learned his english in a football context maybe he thinks that screaming fuck off at referees is as much a part of english football as taking throw ins incorrectly and from the wrong place.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Hmm, let's just recap.

Aston Villa players swarm around the referee in a physically intimidating manner after a late decision goes against them. Decision is then overturned at the behest of a linesman stood forty yards away.. Regular ref-baiter Martin O'Neill then says the decision to over-rule was "courageous".

That club are going places.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

But the lino was right.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

garcia wrote:
                                              i see the rewriting of history proceeds apace. "fuck off, fuck off, fuck off" is what rooney tells officials - most recently at stoke after elbowing faye. i asked mascherano personally what he said to bennett, he told me it was "only football things... nothing bad, no?" so you can fuck off, fuck off [etc]
                                              Ah well, if Mascherano himself told you it was all a pack of lies, then that's definitely okay by me.

And who cares if it clearly contradicts the hard visual evidence of the Sky Sports footage on the day . . .

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

Tony C wrote:
                                                Hmm, let's just recap.

Aston Villa players swarm around the referee in a physically intimidating manner after a late decision goes against them. Decision is then overturned at the behest of a linesman stood forty yards away.. Regular ref-baiter Martin O'Neill then says the decision to over-rule was "courageous".
                                                Come on Tony. Compared to Mark Hughes O'Neill is a beginner in the art of complaining about referees. Though Arsene Wenger remains the master.

Still Happy New Year. Only ten hours until City can begin some insane spending.

Comment

Hull City v Aston Villa

vennegoor strokes wrote:
                                                  garcia wrote:
                                                  Ah well, if Mascherano himself told you it was all a pack of lies, then that's definitely okay by me.

And who cares if it clearly contradicts the hard visual evidence of the Sky Sports footage on the day . . .
                                                  Ten seconds in. He clearly shouts fuck off to the ref.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X