Hue are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue are you?

Hopefully not a thread Vietnam, more a Vietnam thread....

I'm off to Vietnam for a few weeks in February, and was wondering about the prospects of taking in a game. The VFA / V-League website doesn't appear to be working at the moment - so I haven't even been able to establish when the '09 season starts.

Do we have an OTF Vietnamese Football expert? Anyone got any advice/experience to share?

Hue are you?

possibly the coolest shirt in the world

a mate of mine now works in vietnam, may ask him. He supports QPR so obviously knows his stuff

Comment

Hue are you?

The 2008 season started on January 6th, so you should be alright. Beyond that I can offer nothing.

Comment

Hue are you?

Did anyone see the Top Gear Vietnam thingy last night? It was, as far as Top Gear goes, pretty good. But no matter how hard they try, they just can't disguise the fact that Jeremy Clarkson is a fucking cunt of the highest order. And no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't not make offensive, xenophobic jokes.

Comment

Hue are you?

I was in Vietnam and tried to get the above mentioned shirt but..ehmm, they didn't do one for the fuller figure.

Comment

Hue are you?

LL - There are a few Vietnam-related threads on the All-Asia section of Big Soccer, I notice. Someone over there will probably be able to advise.

Comment

Hue are you?

EIM wrote:
              Did anyone see the Top Gear Vietnam thingy last night? It was, as far as Top Gear goes, pretty good. But no matter how hard they try, they just can't disguise the fact that Jeremy Clarkson is a fucking cunt of the highest order. And no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't not make offensive, xenophobic jokes.
              You're absolutely right.

Vietnam did look stunningly beautiful, though. Some of the views when they were doing the mountain scooter ride were amazing.

Comment

Hue are you?

Vietnam's national team are ranked 25th out of 43 in the Asian confederation.

They're pretty weak -- their attempt to qualify for South Africa 2010 ended at the first hurdle when they lost 5-0 in Abu Dhabi.

Comment

Hue are you?

They have just beaten Peter Reid's Thailand to win the Suzuki Cup though. I have no idea what the Suzuki Cup is mind you.

Comment

Hue are you?

thanks to all for suggestions. Furtho - I'm onto the allasia section, cheers. I'll certainly have to check out the shirts.

Comment

Hue are you?

"Peter Reid's Thailand" - Dear God, what a miserable place that would be.

Agree about the Top Gear Vietnam piece - the USA moped 'joke' was on a par with sitting on the London Underground dressed as a suicide bomber. "For a Laugh." Obviously they didn't subtitle the meeting with the Vietnamese bloke on the beach Hammond was dicking up and down on his motorbike, prefering to leave it as diagrams in the sand as it would presumably would have read "I was here when people died, now fuck off."

Comment

Hue are you?

It's possible you may be out of luck. I'm pretty sure most of the local leagues are going to stop for the duration of the ASEAN games competition, which I think is at the start of February. The Laotian league has actually been interrupted for about three months so the national team can practice.

Expect quizzical looks if you ask about the local games: the Premiership on EPSN is *far* more popular than the local league.

Anyways, best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X