Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF League Manager Game (New Players Welcome!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy to plod along until I win the top division, which will comprise of 1 team.

Comment

Matej's interest in the game declines as Isaac Bradley's career heads towards its sunset phase...

I am still interested. I have a solid squad coming through and 12 million of dry powder. Cardiff needs to watch out.

Comment

I basically chucked all my eggs in this season's basket, so I think that the Idiots may well be stronger next time round. Not sure what happened to the Dodgers, who still have a fine squad.

Comment

I'm happy to carry on, and would prefer to keep two divisions.

Comment

I'm also happy to carry on, having finally (after 13 seasons - count 'em) won something. As others have said though, I wouldn't be too distraught if we gave it a break.

Comment

I'm more than happy to carry on. I think we need a minimum of 16 managers for 2 leagues, so it'd be 1 league of 14 for me, if thats how it works out.

Can't we get some new people in. I am genuinely amazed that EIM isn't in this. He's a champo/ f.m. nut.

Comment

We simply must keep going. Even that apathetic West-Coaster must get his arse into gear.

[chest-beating]There's the unmistakeable whiff of lightly broiled success in the Hornville kitchens. I want you all to be around to witness it.
                [/chest-beating]

Comment

Do I want to carry on? Hell yeah. Checking my change report was the first thing I did after returning from holiday yesterday.

Congratulations to Cardiff Dragons and Torpedo Compton, by the way.

Comment

Two tiers of 8. The OTF Cup returns (random draws, two-legged), meaning only one league match a week.

Season starts the 13th.

(I think part of my recent disinterest is still the site redesign. I just still find it off-putting and unfriendly.)

Comment

Cup starts the 9th. (I just realized)

Comment

I know there's nothing you could have done about it, but that's pretty bad luck for Steaua to miss out on promotion.

I have no problem about the new lay-out, after I realised that I'd missed out on about a months work of sponsor money.

Comment

Yeah, I wish we had a little more control over team rankings.

Comment

I'm assuming it's now too late to join? Will keep an eye on here and attempt to join you for the next season to provide some stiff competition at the bottom.

Comment

We do have a team you could take over if you want. (You'd be able to customize everything except the existing players.)

Just make sure you join the waiting list to "take over existing team".

Comment

Excellent! Who am I taking over from then?

Comment

I'm doing a really shit job of remembering to manage my team, so I'm thinking of hanging up my sheepskin for a bit. I'm happy to go until the end of the season but I think someone else can have the useless bastards after that. Do I just resign, or can Matej do it automatically?

Comment

Well, based on the relatively limited attention I've given it this season, I can't say I blame you. We're heading towards the close season now, so we have to get a sense for who wants to continue, or if the boots are finally being hung up.

Thoughts?

Comment

Enthusiasm looks to be dying a bit, which is a shame, because I quite enjoy it. Even Technical Visionary seems to have given up since he failed to retain the cup.

Comment

I still enjoy it too; it's only about 5 minutes twice a week. But if there's little enthusiasm elsewhere then fair enough.

Comment

I am having a nightmare with this. One team plays on a sunday and I always remember later that day.

Meantime, the Idiots seem to just be throwing games away to annoy me.

Comment

I'm still enjoying this, and would like to keep going. Plus, Wharfedale Generals just won their first game after nine straight defeats - the team is just coming together!

I keep meaning to start posting more press releases but am forgetful. I would also prefer two league matches a week rather than a cup, but that might be just me.

Anyway, some enthusiasm here from the OTF League basement.

Comment

No, not just you, Sylkies. The cup completely scuppers things. I think that's practically universally acknowledged.

(Am I overstating that a tad?).

Comment

HORN wrote:
                                                No, not just you, Sylkies. The cup completely scuppers things. I think that's practically universally acknowledged.

(Am I overstating that a tad?).
                                                You are just going to be like JoJo's YoYo's with your "reigning cup champions", aren't you?

But yes, the cup screws it up. It is a shame it doesn't have the ability to move the fixtures back once the cup is over.

Comment

I may be bottom of the pile and still sore from missing out out what would have been the best transfer coup ever had I not clicked the wrong button but I'm still up for it.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X