Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF League Manager Game (New Players Welcome!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd find it hilarious if 1927 did sneak past you and keep the title in Cardiff for another season.

dglh, you did realise the friendly request was to play your u11 side? No way we'll beat your firsts at the moment.

Comment

I have a 100% league record to upkeep. No way any of my key players will be playing. Saving them for Oxford Nil so I can set a record in the bottom league.

Comment

We're ready for you (in a quivering in our boots kind of way)

Comment

How the fuck did I win that?

Comment

anyone had any weird, pointless events?

At a party Aryeh Huniu hears about the Guinness record for sitting the longest time up in a tree. The person who holds the current record climbed up a tree back in 1968 and is still up there. Despite this the player gets it into his head that he can beat the record and climbs up the nearest apple tree. However after just a few hours he has sobered up and climbs down again.

No form change, no injury - just random nonsense!

Comment

The Vicars are limping pathetically over the line at the moment.

Still, they're a young team and can only improve etc etc

Comment

General disclaimer: I actually won a 3-month VIP from a contest in another private league. I did not buy one in a vain attempt to arm myself with additional stats to somehow hold of 1927's surge, though it certainly looks like it.

If desired, for the sake of showing no self-favoritism, I'll purchase a 3-month VIP for the team (in any division) that scores the most goals in the league this year. Comments? Complaints?

Comment

I don't think it's necessary, but I'd have no problem with you choosing to do so.

What do you reckon to the VIP extras? Do they enhance the experience?

Comment

to be honest, I haven't really had a chance to look at them much. The only one that looked quite handy was being able to see how much match experience each player had on one page. (Instead of having to look at each one.)

Comment

It might help me with using my other team. I will keep a beady eye on high-scoring games in the bonus matches in OTF, but at the moment it seems good to me!

Not that I am biased, with 14 goals on the best OTF team (with 4/5 games to go) and 4 on the Dodgers going into the final match.

Though Oxford Nil are a bit good.

Comment

Alright, these are the teams that look likely to have a chance at the "first-ever-VIP-award" in the OTF league.

OTF:
                        1927 - 28
                        Underdogs of War - 27

Division 1:
                        Mortlake Dodgers - 38
                        Knights who say Ni - 36
                        Steaua Bridge - 33
                        Preperation Heffron - 32

Division 2:
                        East Village Idiots - 42
                        Oxford Nil - 31

Although the OTF plays 2 extra games, I still think this competition is fair since the two OTF teams don't have a chance in hell of getting close to the Idiots.

Comment

How about giving it to the lowest scoring active team, I mean, they'll obviously need it more than the rest.

Comment

I dunno, but I'd be a tad surprised if I beat the Idiots 11-0 in our last match of the season.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe Phoebe, but I think that active team would be somebody I work with (not particularly unbiased).

Should we have a vote? I can set one up on the site.

Edit: I set up a poll on the forum in the league. The current "lowest goal-active manager" is actually Essen Clarets.

Comment

Games today everyone.

Some crucial games in the top division. If Green Star can win away at AFC Phoebe, with 2nd and 3rd playing each other in the Cardiff derby, then the title could be on its way to the US. But if they lose then it could come back open again, and the Underdogs aren't out of the hunt either.

The relegation battle is incredibly tight too.

Division 1, mostly decided. Steaua need to win and hope Heffron don't, both playing away at already relegated teams, in order to sneak the 3rd promotion spot.

Division 2, all the places are set in stone, but can the Idiots complete their perfect season?

Comment

There's the Div 1 title decider, too. (No place in the Dodgers squad for our new Ł29m-rated youth player, though.)

Comment

I'm very nervous about today's match.

Comment

And rightly so.

2008-04-08 CupHolders AFCPhoebe - Green Star F-Burg 2 - 0 (0 - 0)
                                      2008-04-08 Csiki Monkeys - Hornville 2 - 2 (2 - 2)
                                      2008-04-08 Cardiff Dragons - 1927 0 - 2 (0 - 1)
                                      2008-04-08 Underdogs of War - Beachcombers Utd 2 - 2 (2 - 1)

Comment

Astonishing win for the Dodgers sees them sneak Division 1, the Knights and Heffron go up too.

2008-04-08 Essen Clarets - Steaua Bridge 0 - 6 (0 - 2)
                                        2008-04-08 AFC Aitkens Bakery - AFC Jephson Gardens 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
                                        2008-04-08 Wildridings - Preparation Heffron 1 - 5 (0 - 2)
                                        2008-04-08 Knights who say Ni - Mortlake Dodgers 0 - 6 (0 - 3)

Comment

Oxford push the Invincible Idiots all the way, but can't prevent the win.

Tranz AM FC - Forest Hill Vicars 0 - 5 (0 - 0)
                                          Oxford Nil - East Village Idiots 1 - 2 (1 - 1)
                                          Wyhlen United - Racing Club de Teiá 1 - 1 (1 - 0)
                                          U Street Gunners - Ivor the engine x1 2 - 3 (2 - 1)

Comment

Could be real problems for Green Star, as not only did they lose, but they saw captain Lane Arnold go off injured and CB partner Cesar Bochini red-carded too.

Comment

Green Star's biggest problem is they have to play the Beachcombers next week.

I hear sirens approaching because of that point that I absolutely stole from Underdogs: goal in the 94th minute.

Comment

Geez. Oxford Nil are good - a disallowed goal each in the game though, so I would consider it a fair result.

I will have to work on my gloating press release this evening.

I think Boris should be in the running for manager of the season - considering it is his first, he has shown ad hoc like duck-to-water-ability.

Comment

I think captain insano should take it. While Csiki Monkeys and Puolimatkan have both fought to hold their own since promotion, 1927 have gone on to challenge for the title, and look like finishing 2nd at worst.

Comment

Bugger. DAMN YOU PHOEBE DISCO!

Taking the cup and now probably keeping me from the league title as well.

My team to fall over against Beachcombers next week, as always.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X