• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D _ A _ S / DOWN

I've obviously made this one way too hard. Apologies

Comment

He draws down under in disgrace (4,6)

Correct me if I'm hopelessly wrong but I'm going with DRAWS DOWN as in reducing a military presence (consumes?), from an anagram of SWARD (recycling green) and Duncan's party = DO, adds two directions = W N

Comment

Draws down is correct. Draws down (eg an account) =consumes. Draws is Sward reversed (recycled)

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
          He draws down under in disgrace (4,6)

Correct me if I'm hopelessly wrong but I'm going with DRAWS DOWN as in reducing a military presence (consumes?), from an anagram of SWARD (recycling green) and Duncan's party = DO, adds two directions = W N

(3,3,4,4,2,2,3) ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Bretwalda View Post
            (3,3,4,4,2,2,3) ?
            (nb. Not a reply to the thread, merely an observation)

Comment

Initially Rolf Harris used blue and red-brown with hints of green (7)

ps Ad Hoc's clue a problem because the anagram was indirect (ie not included in the actual clue). However as he didn't include any Half Man Half Biscuit album tracks, half-horse Ulster country hamlets or other ultra-obscure trivia I think we can allow it
              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 23-08-2018, 14:53.

Comment

Points to Ray's sled broken up and stripped down in the Rhubarb Triangle [4,7]

Comment

If it was an anagram I'd agree but it was actually simply a word written backwards. However it was clearly much less easy than it should have been.

Comment

It does not matter.

It is in the past.

Comment

That's what they said about occasional thread mention Gareth McAuley (back in the squad aged 38 3/4)

Comment

PS anyone else dissing Dire Straits can away and shite

Comment

Desolate East Ardsley? Without a...? No, these are in another part of Yorkshire (10)

Comment

_ _ S _ / _ _ _ S _ _ _

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Timing.

Comment

(And it should have been "point to".

So no correspondence please)

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                    PS anyone else dissing Dire Straits can away and shite
                                    The one with Thunderbird 4 in the bath was a bit poor though.

Comment

Is it an anagram of Leeds stray?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                        Is it an anagram of Leeds stray?
                                        Did you have to crane your neck to see that one?

Comment

A little bit of Cambridgeshire in the steel yards (3)

Comment

Eat-in grouse where you feed the ducks at Ely (5,4)

Comment

In Ely's and Erewash's Spartan Shakespearian (8)

Shag Henry where Great Ouse flows (7)
                                              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 24-08-2018, 12:12.

Comment

A Bedford van could make you dizzee? (6)

Comment

Cheeky rascal: "Hello Sailor!" (6)

Comment

. . . C . .

Comment

Working...
                                                    X