No announcement yet.

Friday Cryptic Crossword Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the sound of it, chicken raps again to "The Hero of the Siege of Boston" (5,4)

Comment

Henry Knox Crete forays: raw shambles (9,2,3)

Comment

Diana leads secretary of war north. Reject.

(6)

Comment

Sleeping rough? Disown King George (8)

Comment

Drowsing endlessly and confused. The rook will provide protection.

(7.6)
            Last edited by Stobart; 23-05-2018, 14:01.

Comment

Killer whales in Windsor Castle (5)

Comment

I have one clue left in this month's Geographical magazine crossword. Can anyone confirm my answer with a good reason?

"Singer might get a 4 off Australia"
                B_S_

I'm assuming it's BASS but can't sort the cryptic side of it out.

Comment

Well the Bass Strait separates Oz and Tasmania , so that's "off Australia " I guess. Could be (Shirley) Bassey -EY, one of the big 4 accountancy firms? Or am I trying too hard?

Comment

Orcas offering no strings sex? (4, 5)

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                      Well the Bass Strait separates Oz and Tasmania , so that's "off Australia " I guess. Could be (Shirley) Bassey -EY, one of the big 4 accountancy firms? Or am I trying too hard?
                      Definitely trying too hard. A bass is a singer (like a tenor, soprano, etc)

Comment

Ignore
                        Last edited by Stobart; 25-05-2018, 06:34. Reason: Error

Comment

Yes, I'm happy with 'BASS=singer', especially as the crossword uses 'ALTO=female singer' in a charade for a different clue. It's the cryptic part I wasn't seeing.

Comment

In compromise, Hitler and Lenin free Willy and leading Yankee (7)

Comment

In compromise, Hitler and Lenin free Willy and leading Yankee (7)

_ _ _ _ _ A _

Comment

Get to halfway- or quit instead?

(11)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                  I have one clue left in this month's Geographical magazine crossword. Can anyone confirm my answer with a good reason?

"Singer might get a 4 off Australia"
                                  B_S_

I'm assuming it's BASS but can't sort the cryptic side of it out.
                                  It looks as though it may be a cross-reference to another clue. Picking up on seand's information, was 'strait' the solution to the clue at 4?

Comment

Aha! Yes it was!

Comment

Somehow equidistant? I'll escape to cricket hotbed, more or less (8)

Comment

Bridge between I and I hidden in a greeting in Cuba (Not Jamaica but still in the Antilles). (10)

Comment

_ _ _ _ _ N _ _ _ _

Comment

Seventies rock duo's break-up on Hispaniola (7,7)

Comment

Grotesque natural lie is a feature of Haitian Divorce (10)

Comment

1 Unilateral Disarmament without a rule- like in America? (5)

And for your bonus

2 Dodgy keeper flair "all by coca" on 1 American jaunt (6,7-7)

3 Scam- alternatively light- covers for 2 (5,6)

4 Middle Eastern Gun without a Scottish franchise in league with 3 (6,8)

5 They waving frantically to possible debut with 4 (5,5)

Spoiler:

https://i.imgur.com/pd09N9e.jpg
                                                Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 27-05-2018, 10:44.

Comment

I learn Latin dance style (5)

Comment

Hoping this will go soon as I shan't be able to update for a few days.

_ _ _ _ O

Comment

Working...
                                                    X