• Show
Clear All

Rick Parry asked to resign

Liverpool Chief Executive Rick Parry asked to resign by Co-owner Tom Hicks

How about the guy with the other 50%?

Comment

Parry was sitting next to Gillett in the VIP box on Tuesday night.

He looked incredibly stressed at the time, and I'm not saying that with the benefit of hindsight. He looked awful.

Comment

I said on that thread that Gillett looked as if he really didn't want to be there.

It's all going a bit pear-shaped, isn't it? Hicks doesn't have the funds to buy Gillett out, and I'd be very surprised if he could fire Parry without Gillett's consent under the current arrangement.

Comment

Guardian story here.

BTW, if I was Joan Laporta, I would start talking to Mascherano's agent NOW.

Comment

what would be the point of that? mascherano signed a four year contract a few weeks ago.

Comment

You may be looking to "monetize assets" sooner than you think.

Comment

selling mascherano's not gonna solve hicks' problems - the asset he needs to monetize is the club.

i have little sympathy for parry, who is the victim of his own ineptitude. if hicks does force him out he'll be no loss.

Comment

garcia wrote:
                  what would be the point of that? mascherano signed a four year contract a few weeks ago.
                  Quick list of footballers and clubs that respect a players contract length in them leaving for another team:

Done.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote:

It's all going a bit pear-shaped, isn't it? Hicks doesn't have the funds to buy Gillett out, and I'd be very surprised if he could fire Parry without Gillett's consent under the current arrangement.
                    He's not firing him though, he's asking him to resign.

Comment

What I was trying to convey was that the reason he has to ask him to resign is that he can't fire him.

Parry can just say no (and apparently has).

BTW, I never suggested that selling Mascherano or anyone else was going to "solve Hicks' problems", but I do think that this development (and the on-going telenovella regarding the club's ownership and direction) presents an opportunity for those clubs who might be interested in some of their players.

Comment

Working...
                      X