rupee footballers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rupee footballers

lilian thuram wants to know: "Why are there no people from the English Asian communities playing in football? Do their parents feel the stadiums are unsafe?"

any ideas?

rupee footballers

Comment

rupee footballers

garcia wrote:
      lilian thuram wants to know: "Why are there no people from the English Asian communities playing in football?

Comment

rupee footballers

And Monty wants to know why no one from Martinique or Guadeloupe is playing cricket.

Comment

rupee footballers

Comment

rupee footballers

didn't Bury sign an Indian international a few years ago. His debut V Cardiff City as I recall

Comment

rupee footballers

Bhaichang Bhutia I think was his name.

If chopra had turned out to be really good there'd have been an awful lot more interest in young asian footballers by a lot of clubs.

Comment

rupee footballers

Bhuttia was at Bury. He's still India's captain and probably their best player.

Comment

rupee footballers

Is it too stereotypical to suggest that certainly for this generation of footballers will have grown up in Indian households were getting and an education and becoming a lawyer/doctor/accountant was the preferred career choice? Certainly that was true amongst my peers and those of Indian kids some 10 years younger than me. Btw - I'm 41.

Comment

rupee footballers

Certainly my parents think that football stadiums are still dangerous places. I reckon that once Indian people of my generation start having kids*, you may find then that there are more Indian footballers in the English leagues.

*Actually, what I mean is once the kids they are having grow up...

Comment

rupee footballers

I thought of Harpal Singh when I saw this thread, and realised I had no idea what happened to him. Last seen at Bohemians, apparently.

Comment

rupee footballers

i have a notion he's at sligo rovers.

ah he moved to bohs.

Comment

rupee footballers

He's at Bohemians. Sligo Rovers signed him back in 2006, and when manager Sean Connor left for Bohemians he signed Singh for the 2007 season. Even though Connor has since departed Bohemians, and current boss Pat Fenlon doesn't rate him, Singh is still at Dalymount Park.

Comment

Working...
                          X