This week's CL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week's CL games

If dunphy watched serie A he'd have known that even when he won the balon d'or for 2006-7, kaka only scored 8 league goals all season. I think he may have only seen the game where kaka was there for the unveiling of gabriel heinze as "international joke defender".

Dunphy on the one hand accepts that serie A is moribund, the big clubs out of their league in the CL, that Real madrid, and last season Barcelona just weren't up to it, and that the big four in the premiership are the strongest teams in Europe, yet rubbishes ronaldos achievement in scoring over 30 league goals from an attacking midfield position, and then topping it off with being the top scorer in europe including crucial goals in the second round, quarter final and final itself.

Think what dunphy would make of ronaldo's Efoty credentials if he only managed 8 league goals, and padded out taking advantage of what appeared to be drunk defenders in the Semi final with four goals against anderlecht.

Comment

This week's CL games

Why am I cursed with Tommy Smythe every game?

These are some ugly kits for Bor-Che.

Comment

This week's CL games

what's shane macgowan doing in that picture?

Comment

This week's CL games

The Double Centurion DVD will be hitting the shops in no time.

Comment

This week's CL games

christ marseilles are depressingly mediocre.

Comment

This week's CL games

It's a poor game.

I hope Fabio Aurelio isn't badly injured.

Comment

This week's CL games

my god, ben arfa has managed to get a free kick on target. Marseille nearly scored. and then then would have scored from the subsequent corner, or they would have if THEY WEREN'T SO SHIT.

Comment

This week's CL games

Inter are losing at home to Panathinaikos, and Anorthosis are beating Werder Bremen in Cyprus.

Barca are scoring for fun.

Comment

This week's CL games

lampard sent off

Comment

This week's CL games

West Ham conspiracy, no doubt.

Comment

This week's CL games

"Dirk Kuyt wouldn't get into Manchester United fifth team" - that man again.

Liverpool were awful tonight. Mascherano had the worst game of his career tonight.

Comment

This week's CL games

So, help a desk monkey out--what are the goals from these two days that I should be looking at on 101 Great Goals?

Comment

This week's CL games

Toni's brace for Bayern last night. OL's misses were more impressive than their goals.

Haven't seen enough of tonight's to judge.

Comment

This week's CL games

If I was Big Phil I'd stop Lampard's wages for that sending off. He knew he was on a yellow and then lunged in when there was no threat to Chelsea at all.

However, I'd congratulate him warmly on his attempt to stay on by trotting away when he saw the ref only had the yellow out. No theatricals drawing attention to his earlier misdemeanour, just sneaky jogging off just in case...

Comment

This week's CL games

"Dirk Kuyt wouldn't get into Manchester United fifth team" - that man again.

I preferred "Kuyt wouldn't get a job as a ball boy at barcelona" and that "He's the essence of benitez's liverpool."

Comment

This week's CL games

Mascherano is one dirty bastard. He has those scissors tackles off to a tee. With about 15 minutes to go he took Bruno Cheyrou out with a late tackle, completely up-ending him after the ball was played. It was a definite yellow card offence but he got away with it. Five minutes later he brings out the scissors and it leads to a near-brawl involving many players. He seems to foul with regularity until the referee shows him a card. I'm surprised referees haven't copped onto this. In the interest of match control, I would think the referee needs to caution Mascherano the first chance he gives them - something he usually obliges with.

Our friend Eamonn, who watches European football every weekend, was discussing the rumours about Drogba's possible move to Inter. He referred to Inter's "big lad up front" as Ivanisevic. Good man Eamonn, keep it up.

Comment

This week's CL games

heh, gilesy did a very good piece of analysis about the difference in playing terms between the Liverpool and the other teams in the top four, and he kept referring to liverpool's central midfielder marciano. To be fair though Gilesy is nearly 70 years old

Comment

This week's CL games

it's benoit cheyrou, not bruno.

dunphy and giles' criticism of gerrard reached a crescendo in the 2005-06 season when he was PFA player of the year.

i saw a bit of their talk about kuyt, it was funny the way they both kept insisting "i admire kuyt" while simultaneously making him out to be a vegetable. kuyt is everything CR7 isn't so you would have thought they'd have more time for him.

Comment

This week's CL games

I think the reason that they don't really say much about gerrard anymore is that he's given up more or less on the pretence of being a midfielder, and now is a number 10. Liverpool play with two midfielders to do the defensive stuff and a lot of the playmaking that he used to partially do so he can hang around the edge of the box and shoot, and occasionally look like he's making tackles. When he was more of a central/right sided midfielder he was open to more criticism because he was leaving gaps everywhere.

Comment

This week's CL games

I think the reason that they don't really say much about gerrard anymore is that he's given up more or less on the pretence of being a midfielder, and now is a number 10.
                                          except he has played most of this season as one of two central midfielders in a 4-4-2

Comment

This week's CL games

yes, except for all the games where he didn't. He really only played in central midfield when mascherano was either away at the olympics, or injured. 9 of his last 10 games have been with a single striker.

Comment

This week's CL games

Last night I had a drink with two blokes who'd flown over from Los Angeles for the Liverpool match - afterwards I felt short changed for having travelled 8 miles and paid £40 to watch that shite, so fuck knows how they're feeling this morning....

Comment

This week's CL games

Erskine Bridges wrote:
                                                Am I the only 'neutral' Scottish football fan who now takes pleasure in Celtic's European humiliations since John Reid became chairman?

And am I wrong in thinking that Celtic have played better in all their euro games this season than for years?
                                                I have been taking pleasure in Celtic's Euro humiliations since the days of Willie Maley or thereabouts.

Comment

This week's CL games

Having got Sky for the cricket, I finally decided I'd give their Champions League football a go.

It's fantastic. 8 games you can watch. And not all teams I'm bored of watching, either. I watched a bit of that Cypriot team. The 6 games not on the main channels actually had good commentary as well.

Comment

This week's CL games

I wouldn't swap Dirk Kuyt for any member of the current Man U squad.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X