Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gareth Wales Baleathon is back, back, back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was Gunter last night? Suffering from Spurs' defensive injury curse?

Comment

Rom is singular, Roma is plural I believe.

Comment

Pirlo?

He would have to be from one of the wealthiest Rom families in the world.

Comment

You can add Rafael Van der Vaart to the list.

Comment

Gunter was playing right back for the U21s in Sarajevo whilst (quite oddly) wearing the number 5 shirt. He was number 6 for Wales in Germany.

I've come quite interested in Gunter's numbering since he signed for Spurs, (he was 44 at Cardiff and is now 44 at Tottenham).

Comment

It's good to have a hobby.

Comment

Wierd, I didn't even notice him on the highlights as opposed to Jacobsen who was very prominent. Did S4C list the teams at the start of the highlights?

Someone once told me Gunter had been asked what was special about the number 44 (it was about 10 places higher than any other squad number at Cardiff originally) and he said there was no significance. He's another Anelka, obviously.

Comment

Shame on SR for mocking the science of Squad Numerology, it's fascinating.

Comment

'Rom'? You're ahead of the curve, BOTD, I'll give you that.

First it was 'Romany', then 'Romani', then 'Roma' and now it's 'Rom'.

The preferred nomenclature will be 'R' before long, just you wait.
                    If I remember rightly, I was going between Rom and Roma and it was ad hoc that corrected me.

There is also Rrom and Rroma spelling.

It doesn't make it any easier seperating Rom footballers from ones that played for Roma

Comment

If in doubt, I find it's best to play it safe and go with "gyppo".

Comment

I shall do an ironic "Do better" there.

I think I have seen a similar statement made unironically on the Cardiff City mailing list

Comment

Harry Carpenter wrote:
                          Someone once told me Gunter had been asked what was special about the number 44 (it was about 10 places higher than any other squad number at Cardiff originally) and he said there was no significance. He's another Anelka, obviously.
                          I asked Joe Jacobsen what the significance behind his squad number was as his number was a good 10 places higher than any other squad member.

He told me "It was just the shirt they gave me."

It's awful being told that. Like when you're told Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Gunter is a different matter, I think he may be trying to develop his "GUNTER 44" brand.

Comment

Ah, maybe I got the Jacobsen and Gunter stories confused.

How humiliated do you think these players feel when asked such trainspotterish questions by people who could be decades older than them?

It was 'GUNTER44' I was alluding to with my Anelka comment.

Comment

Crikey, this is where everyone's got to? Gutted I no longer have a clean sheet, but c'est la vie.

In a slightly perverted way, I was slightly pleased to see such a flat atmosphere last night (on TV at least). All it will take now is for someone to tell me it was the best trip ever or something.

Anyone know who I can sue for having to do actual work today?

Comment

Big Daves Gussett wrote:
                                Neville Southall smiling briefly caused the Sky Sports News rolling graphic to crash.
                                He didn't smile for long! Bitter ex-international has a whinge

Comment

Yeah, he was making similar noises when he was providing updates on SSN. Before the match he said something along the lines of "the only positive thing about this fixture is that the players get to have a meal together".

I know he's a bit of a scruffy bugger but he excelled himself on Wednesday - charcoal suit, lumberjack shirt, lemon tie.

Oh, and this is so the new Walesathon thread.

Comment

Bitter ex-international says the same thing yet again whilst everyone wishes he would just shut the fuck up

Comment

Is that Twat never happy?

Comment

Harry Carpenter wrote:
                                        Ah, maybe I got the Jacobsen and Gunter stories confused.

How humiliated do you think these players feel when asked such trainspotterish questions by people who could be decades older than them?
                                        Pah! I'm not a decade older. Saying that, in the last Welsh squad only Simon Davies and Jason Koumas were older than me.

I must admit that I didn't think I'd be out of international contention at the age of 28.

Comment

Jorge Porbillas wrote:
                                          Er, not everyone. He's still right (however much he has the wrong motives).

Whatever his quotes are they can't be as bad as Toshack's about his "lucky crutch", I thought we had another Paul Jewell on our hands.

Comment

So you think Earnshaw should have been in the squad??

Comment

He had as much of a claim as Eastwood, Easter, Nardiello or Cotteril, to be honest.

I specifically think Savage is correct is allegedly saying

the boss is ditching experienced players for youngsters scared to stand up to him.
                                              as that has been Toshack's consistent practice.

Comment

And they try to claim that footballers have no respect for authority any more

Comment

Oooh yes, policemen all look younger too and you just can't hear the lyrics in these modern songs, it's just shouting.

Comment

Jorge Porbillas wrote:
                                                    So you think Earnshaw should have been in the squad??
                                                    Well, he should have been in before Easter anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X