Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Utd Vs Roma, Some others against Danes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Just to kick the thread off before I'm out of here. It's late spring, winter is turning into the less cold wet season, and Rio Ferdinand and nemanja vidic are going to watch some big games from the stands.

For some reason I'm not massively enthused about the prospect of a John O'Shea Pique centre half pairing, but hopefully it's only going to be a temporary thing.

I hope united pick nani. I think tonight might be a draw.

I thought Ferdinand was fit? Or are they/you saving him for a proper game?

Comment

The first goal to Roma and this is far from settled. I thought Roma were a shade unlucky to lose overall last week. I hope they play well tonight, as they are a terrific team to watch, up there with Arsenal and indeed Utd.

Comment

I hope Roma go two up inside the first twenty minutes. It's about the only way there's going to be any continued interest in tonight's game for a neutral.

Chances are United themselves will be 2 up by half time, and everyone might as well go home.

Comment

Welcome to the board, sixmartletsandaseagull. I am sure you will find plenty of fellow travellers, keen to cheer on Brighton, Spurs, Juve, Rangers, River Plate, England at cricket, Italy at football, England at football and above all your beloved Manchester United. Don't get too excited though, he's not the real Antonio Gramsci.

Comment

I'm nervous about todays game for some bizarre reason...

Comment

Thank you Nico Rijnders. Did I see you in the Eredivisie in the 60s?

Unfortunately, the sometimes super seagulls look like they may have blown the play offs at Roots Hall last night. A massive disappointment but a night of colour, high drama and recurring dodgy decisions in favour of the home team. You just don't get that in the CL these days!

The nearer it gets to kick off the more I am convinced it could be humdinger tonight. Lots of goals, shared out, I predict.

The winner of this tie to win the whole thing.

Comment

Fergie's confidently chuckling into his pre-match port, it would seem. Tevez and Giggs up front, Pique and Silvestre at the back. A midfield of Carrick, Park, Hargreaves and Anderson.

It's almost as if he's taunting Roma, as if to say "come on, bet you can't even beat this lot!"

Comment

Last year he picked Alan Smith up front and they won 7-1.

Comment

Roma are getting destroyed here in the opening. United having way to much fun. Roma lucky not to be down at least one already.

Comment

Nobody else watching? This is fun match. A bit like an exhibition at the moment. Hargreaves, Park, and Tevez are combining wonderfully.

Doni's saved Roma at least 3 times so far.

So, Roma to score first?

Comment

He he penalty to Roma

Comment

And the silly twat skies it.

Comment

Ha.

Comment

Justice done -- that was a terrible dive.

It's a great game. United have been walking through Roma's bad defence for the first half-hour and should be at least 2-0 up by now. Roma are coming back into it now, and look well capable of scoring before half-time.

Comment

Barca are being played off the park by Schalke who have wasted two great chances already. The Germans are taking a rather physical approach which Barca clearly don't like very much. This could be a very interesting second half.

Comment

Hieronymus Bosch wrote:
                                  Justice done -- that was a terrible dive.
                                  Well, the slow-mo that Sky replayed to "prove" it was a dive, not only suggested that Brown caught Mancini a fraction of a second before the ball, but the challenge and the follow through from Brown's momentum, caught Mancini from behind not once, but four times.

The replay angle was the same view that the referee had.

If the contact was before the ball, it's a penalty. If the challenge is from behind, it's a penalty.

Comment

Some of the Roma players might keel over from exhaustion if this keeps up. Manchester United should bring on Ronaldo at the 60 minute mark. He'd probably score 4 or 5.

Comment

In fact, I'll describe the contact:

The initial challenge Brown cathches Mancini with his right foot. As Brown goes to ground, his left foot catches Mancini's heel. Brown's momentum causes him to slide and catch the side of Mancini's foot with Brown's right foot, finally as Brown tries go ground his left foot, it catches Mancini on the inside of his leg, just above the ankle.

Comment

Not to mention that Brown's reaction to the penalty being given was less than half-hearted. That's as good an indication as any.

Comment

Anyone fear these games with United?
                                          Massive domination, lack of goals...
                                          How many times has that happened this season and we go on to draw or lose?
                                          Anyway, sounds like it's been a great game so far, well, not up to that match yesterday.

Oh, and hi all, I'm new here

Comment

Barca get a lucky goal just before half time. Bojan (the only Barca player who appears not to be playing like he has just shat himself) put a cross in from the right which deflected off a defender, looped on to the bar and then was half-cleared out to Yaya Toure who buried it.

Comment

They've just shown the slow-mo from the corner flag angle. Brown does not touch the ball at all, he catches Mancini's foot, and that is why the ball moves.

Comment

Fucking hell. Another Manchester United fan. Hobbes is going to shit his pants.

Eh up, darkglobe80.

Comment

Yaya Toure, not Abidal.

Welcome, darkglobe.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X