Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Joe the Plumber did next

More wisdom from Joe:

In the last month, same-sex marriage has become legal in Iowa and Vermont. What do you think about same-sex marriage at a state level?

At a state level, it’s up to them. I don’t want it to be a federal thing. I personally still think it’s wrong. People don’t understand the dictionary—it’s called queer. Queer means strange and unusual. It’s not like a slur, like you would call a white person a honky or something like that. You know, God is pretty explicit in what we’re supposed to do—what man and woman are for. Now, at the same time, we’re supposed to love everybody and accept people, and preach against the sins. I’ve had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn’t have them anywhere near my children. But at the same time, they’re people, and they’re going to do their thing.

Comment

Wow!

Wow.

This freakin' guy.

Comment

Good to see that he's made the standard homosexual=paedophile connection. Or, thinking further, is this just my interpretation of it? Maybe he means "I don't want them seeing it and thinking it's normal", which is as uninformed, but slightly less sinister.

Comment

I'm sure all the readers of Christianity Today will be reflecting upon those exact same questions, WOM.

Comment

Oh noes.

Comment

Is he looking a little bit too...I dunno...like a guy you'd find at some kind of right wing Arian function? Kind of a beige shirt, tight tie, leather jacket sort of party?

Comment

No, I'm sticking with my deeply closeted homo theory.

Comment

"You know, I talked to God about that and he was like: ‘No.’"

Comment

The constitution is right now as it was when it was written; no changes have ever been made to it, it's perfect and I do not need a lawyer to interpret it for me.

Comment

You're making that up. It's too good.

Comment

Link with video

Comment

It seems incredible to me, sitting thousands of miles away, that a man as obviously clueless, thick and offensive as Wurzelbacher is allowed on the campaign trail as anything other than a sabotage tactic by the Democrats. Is he really seen as an electoral asset by the GOP? And is there evidence that he is? He was, after all, one of the most prominent faces of a failed and utterly abject presidential campaign.

Comment

I kind of agree, but he's actually the perfect symbol for the current GOP ideology - anti-intellectual, anti-tax, white resentment politics with no actual substance. He's not much different from Palin, really.

Comment

I don't think Hof would deny there's a fit with Republican prejudice. Is there any evidence it works?

Comment

Working...
                              X