Tonight's Arsenal game - live stream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know who I'd rather play against on a Sunday morning out of Vela and Bendtner, and it isn't the one called Vela.

Which players from the Arsenal team last night can really expect to be first-team regulars in the near future?

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote:
      Arsenal fans are now doing a Mexican wave. Unforgivable behaviour, in any football ground, in any context.
      That wasn't a Mexican wave - that was a Mexican waving goodbye to Wigan's defence. Any ripple in the crowd was probably just the effect of Vela's 'bow wave' as he passed.

Comment

I wonder if anyone has pointed out that Arsenal fielded five English-qualified players in their starting XI last night (Hoyte, Gibbs, Wilshere, Randall, Simpson), compared to:

Wigan - 3 (Bramble, Boyce, Cattermole)

and

Man Utd - 1 (Neville)

Comment

Mighty Mudhsuden wrote:
          Which players from the Arsenal team last night can really expect to be first-team regulars in the near future?
          With Arsenal, or with someone else?

Comment

There's good quality footage of the Arsenal match on 101greatgoals, if people haven't seen it. Vela's delicacy of touch for his goal is gorgeous, especially when you consider the speed at which he was moving at the time.

Comment

The Moral Animal wrote:
              This must be pretty horrible for Wigan's regulars. You'd just look silly kicking a 16 year-old in frustration, though.
              That was one of the reasons Ray Parlour gave in the 5Live build up for how he knew it was time to call it a day.

Comment

garcia wrote:

i didn't see the entire game, but whenever i saw ramsay on the ball he looked very classy. could he play in the middle with fabregas?
                Oh yes, that's his best position. I think he has probably already partnered Cesc once there.

Comment

Vela looks absolutely amazing. It's weird to think that in 2005 he finished 3rd in the u-17 world cup player of the tournament poll behind Anderson and Giovani dos santos. he seems to be an exceptional player, and from an attacking point of view far better than the other two.

A couple of us here went to see the FA youth cup semi final between Arsenal and Man utd. Most of the players in that game really didn't. The addition of wilshire, ramsey and vela really seems to have boosted up several levels.

Given his ability to sign players like this, you wonder why the fuck arsene wenger puts together teams with a central defensive diamond of almunia, gallas, silvestre and Denilson. It's just fucking insane. At this rate fabregas will be playing for barcelona by the time vela and ramsey are ready for first team football

Comment

I'm still wondering what the hell has happened to Vela in the last 12 months. He was by no means a stand-out in the Mexican team at the U-20 WC in Canada last summer. I think I saw him three times and he was good but not brilliant in any of them.

Mind, he was playing on the left of a 4-3-3 formation; perhaps it is the switch to central striker role which has made a difference?

Comment

Amor, Flab's Lab is exclusively dedicated to the production of arm candy. You'll need to look to Mittal's production facilities for a striker.

Heh! There are low-key but ongoing rumours of a rift on the board though. Could be wishful thinking, the Mittals are far more popular with supporters than Briatore and they've made no secret of wanting a much bigger piece of the club. They also opposed the despised increase in ticket prices and Bhatia also made it very clear that it was he who persuaded the board to rescind them based on supporters' concerns. Keep listening, could be spectacular if it kicks off.

Comment

If Private Eye's spoof newspaper stories did sport properly they'd surely be running:
                        Arsenal - an apology. Four days ago we may have given the impression that Arsenal FC were a busted flush, an under-resourced, limp-wristed bunch of fops being led into oblivion by a manager who'd clearly lost his magic touch. Now, following two whole wins in a row, we acknowledge that Arsenal are The Future, a glittering total football machine leading the game as we know it into the sunlit uplands.
                        We apologise for the confusion.

Comment

There is actually something along those lines in the current issues' 'The Premiershits' but less subtle;

Comment

I think that was roy keane's point the other week about pundits on tv being largely worthless, or as mayor quimby would say "Fickle mushheads."

Comment

Working...
                            X