The new WSC with 'Arry on the cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly low input from OTFers this month, it seems, although a very good issue. If you are the authors of these articles and I've missed your names (apart from Taylor and imp) you need to make it clearer (on OTF) who you are.

Incredibly, my tentatively submitted 4,000 word article on why Liverpool are just the best team in the world ever and everyone else smells of pooh (especially Manchester United) has been ignored yet again.

Try FourFourTwo.

Comment

The Boyd/Burley piece is hugely disappointing, and verging on libellous in places. Shame.

Comment

Part of the low input is my fault, because I failed to notice how quickly the deadline was coming round and didn't get a piece written in time.

As if to repay me for that, though, my copy is going to require a night in the airing cupboard before I can give my thoughts on it though. The wrapping split in transit and it was pissing down here this morning. Poetic justice.

Comment

I will bring up the conspiracy theory that after the previous "We are still accepting articles, REALLY" note, an effort was made to try and diversify the content a little this time around.

Or maybe not.

Comment

ad hoc had a book review, and E10 Rifle is in there with his usual bit.

Comment

Oh, is it in this month? That book was really, really bad

Comment

Matt Nations trip to Ashton Gate is a fantastic piece and the article on Stephen Brown is also laugh out loud...

Comment

Oooh, Matt Nation is in the new WSC. Can't wait. The man's a legend. Even if he looks like the man from Das Boot.

Comment

Is he Trelbeis on here?

His was my favourite article, but then I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

Comment

I'm glad that Matt Nation has the same view of Lee Johnson as I do.

The way he is made a scapegoat for every game not won is one of the reasons why I don't go near the club's official forum.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words.

Even if he looks like the man from Das Boot.

I don't just look like him, I'm actually turning into him. When shaving the other day, I stared at my reflection in the mirror and then, with warning, shouted "One shithouse for fifty men!" And I'm not sure whether it was me or Jürgen Prochnow who said that in the film anyway.

Comment

Matt Nation, here? I had literally no idea.

One of two writers I remember most clearly from my early WSC-reading. The other being Justin, funnily enough. Massive props to treibeis, then.

Comment

Enjoyed the "Season in brief" for the mention of Servette, nice to remind the world we were the original "Catennacio" team!

Comment

The piece about the hysteria around the France-Tunisia stramash was spot on.

Comment

The Matt Nation piece was definitely the highlight, great stuff. I too had no idea he's on this board. Do any WSC-ers know what happened to Philip Cornwall? I remember it being a big thrill when I saw a piece on my hometown team (Buckingham Town), even though I've only a very hazy recollection of what it was about.

I loved the Stephen Brown thing too. Is Partick's chairman really called Brown McMaster, or was that a typo?

Comment

He's still involved with WSC, among other things. (Philip C that is, not Partick's chairman)

Comment

delicatemoth wrote:
                                    Is Partick's chairman really called Brown McMaster, or was that a typo?
                                    That was no typo...

Comment

That book was really, really bad
                                      The title is a dead giveaway really. Hope you didn't have to pay £18 for it and thanks for putting me off buying it.

Comment

The piece on Carlisle made me laugh, especially the bit where the fake 'Canadian trucker' millionaire was talking to the owner of a club on the phone but had to pause to check on his spaghetti.

The fake millionaire trying to own a club surely has wingco character potential?

Comment

Working...
                                        X