My IPod has just died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My IPod has just died.

I pressed pause, whilst I went out for a ciggie. Decided upon returning to move onto the next track. Pressed play.

Nothing.

The backlight is on. It aint doing nuffin.

Ive tried plugging it in. Ive banged against stuff. Gone. Backlight still showing, no music not a peep.

It was 1 min 43 secs into Hanging on the Telephone by Blondie. Oh the Irony.

My IPod has just died.

My old one did that, but I found some tips on the Apple website or somewhere equally findable. Don't give up, Pat.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Fucking Apple. Ive taken a look at their site Tubbs, and they are the usual style over substence cunts they always have been.

Their advice was try the hold button for a few seconds. Well fuckin DUH. Cunts. Looking on the inside of it, (yes Ive opened it up) there still is no off switch.

Can anyone recomend a decent MP3 player?

This piece of shit is going in the bin tomorrow.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Can you not disconnect and reconnect the battery?

What kind of disk space do you want on your new one?

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Looking on the inside Bry, the battery seems soldered under the tape.

Disk space I dont need much, I bought a 60GB one but never used anywhere near that amount. I had planned on having a couple of my fave films on it, only after buying it do I find that they didnt sell films in the UK via Itunes. Back then that is, never got round to loading anything up.

I only had about 500 songs on it but still.

The light is still on. Its commiting suicide I reckon.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

I've got one of those machines (of which thou speaketh), and, although it's never given me any trouble so far (touch lots of wood), I've always thought that the touchpad looked very fragile.

I depend on it now as my music file, so if it failed, I don't know what I would do.

Possibly look in the kitchen for a sharp object.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

I think the advice is turn the hold button on and off again and then hold the centre button and play button down simultaneously until it turns itself on and off again.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Get a Creative MuVo or similar. In fact, just make sure it's Creative. Thy piss all over Apple, look nicer, and aren't as expensive.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

It sounds like it's frozen. Just hold down the Menu button and the centre button simultaneously for about ten seconds. It will reboot itself.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

You heartless bastards. His iPod died, goddammit. Don't we usually have a queue of compassionate posters offering their condolences for these threads?

Very sorry for your loss, Villain. (The iPod, that is, not the recent shellacking at Old Trafford.)

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Nah, it just froze. However, he likely fucked it when he opened it to poke about the innards.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Shellacking. Quality, much underused, word. Thank fuck imp is back.

Anyway, my iPod is fine. Except it's a little scratched and is only 2 gig. If I pretend it's broken, will apple send me a new, better one?

Comment

My IPod has just died.

This kid at work has a nano, which froze last week. He goes "Ah fuck, that's like 6 times now." So, I pressed the Menu/Play combo to reboot it for him and he says "That's all you do?" And I said "How have you been fixing it?" And he says "I just leave it until the battery runs out and it reboots itself." "How long's that take?" ask I. "About five or six days."
                          Bahahhahahahhaa. And he's done this 6 times? Bahahahahhahaha.
                          I'm a prick.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Not wanting to leave an electrical gadget on overnight inside the house incase it caught fire (Ive not much faith in these things) I put it outside in the barbeque thing with the lid on.

This morning I tried the center and play button, got 'Ok to disconnect' then I put a bit of power in it, and then tried the menu and center buttons.

All is well. Thanks folks.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

For the record the best place for iPod trouble-shooting is www.ilounge.com.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

I depend on it now as my music file, so if it failed, I don't know what I would do.
                                Don't you back your stuff up, erwin? Everything that is important to me music-wise, I have backed up on CD or DVD and on my external HD. I'd be fucked if a fire burnt down my house, but otherwise I don't like taking chances.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

"I've got one of those machines (of which thou speaketh), and, although it's never given me any trouble so far (touch lots of wood), I've always thought that the touchpad looked very fragile. "

I had one touchpad give out on me, but it was after a couple of years and only shortly before I filled it up and had to get a bigger one anyway.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

I have a hate-hate relationship with my ipod. It tries to undermine me all the time. What you want to do is ignore it. Let it have its little tantrums. Don't give it the satisfaction of knowing it's upset you.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

My iPhone gets better the more I use it. For watching TV programmes (i.e. SouthPark) it's great.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Does it make South Park funny? That'd be a good iPhone.

My father-in-law bought my mom-in-law an iPod Touch (the iPhone without the phone bit) and it's brilliant. I could play with that for hours.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

Mine's properly died now, soon after a nasty drop onto the floor. I'm cursing my failure to replace my damaged case promptly, especially as I was going to upgrade to the larger iPod Touch when it's released in summer. Now I've got to decide whether to buy a soon to be redundant 160GB classic now, wait and rely on my phone and a dictaphone as substitutes until August or so, or buy another brand, most of which don't have as much storage. I need at least 120GB and preferably a lot more.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

I lost my iPod a couple of weeks ago when travelling down from Nottingham. But it turned up a Nottingham Station's Lost Property Office. For a small fee, they sent it back.

And that's the end of my story about my iPod and me.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

120 GB?! is that for like videos and stuff?

I rue the day I found out there is SOILTAIRE on my ipod.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

It'll have been the barbeque that swung it for Villain. Looking at Apple users' forums, it seems sheds and cement mixers work equally well.

Comment

My IPod has just died.

My current, dead iPod is 80GB and it only has about half my music collection. Using it as a dictaphone takes up a lot of storage, as does feeding a podcast habit.

Does anyone apart from Apple even make large storage players any more? I could have sworn Creative had an 80GB+ model but I can't find it on the website. None of the other major players seems to come close.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X