Curzon Ashton? Who are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice in a way for Exeter City once again to be a "giant" to be "killed" in the FA Cup.

But not that bloody nice.

Welcome, as they say, to my fucking world...

Comment

Can I join this fucking thread?

Comment

Pull up a stool. Just don't mention the C-word.

Comment

But 'Blyth Spartans' starts with a 'B'.

Oh, that C-word...

Comment

I went to Kettering this afternoon and was expecting us to get beaten. Pretty dreadful game and awful away terrace (does having one step constitute a terrace?). Second half was more open though neither keeper was troubled. I could see just before they scored in the 85th minute that Jacko was having some argument with the stewards or Kettering fans.
            According to Jackson a few numbskulls were making monkey noises towards some of our players and Iffy Onuora, and the stewards took no action.

His post match interview is here,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7700390.stm

Comment

I saw Blythe Spartans at Droylsden last week and they looked pretty poor.

Clearly they got themselves up for this one.

Comment

Curzon Ashton won?

Wicked.

Comment

3-0

Comment

3-2 apparently.

Comment

Northern Monkeys.

Comment

Sponsored by Greggs, don't you know.

Also they've never managed to beat FC United of Manchester.

Comment

Tony C wrote:
                          I saw Blythe Spartans at Droylsden last week and they looked pretty poor.

Clearly they got themselves up for this one.
                          So the returning shell-shocked say; combined with our midfield displaying all the resistance and battling qualities of last week's Babyleaf Salad.
                          Of course the problem is, after all the money we've spent on Grant Holt and a shiny new box stadium, we're slightly above this sort of hurly-burly and don't feel we should have to face battling up-and-at-'em sides, in League 2 or elsewhere. Clearly.
                          No, since you ask, not in the least bitter.

Comment

So it was 3-2. I guess I gave up.

Comment

Also they've never managed to beat FC United of Manchester.
                              Just as well they've never drawn you in the first round proper of the Cup.

Grump grump. I remember (the real) Man United 0-0 Exeter City at Old Trafford in the THIRD round just a few years ago ...

Comment

robw wrote:
                                I went to Kettering this afternoon and was expecting us to get beaten. Pretty dreadful game and awful away terrace (does having one step constitute a terrace?). Second half was more open though neither keeper was troubled. I could see just before they scored in the 85th minute that Jacko was having some argument with the stewards or Kettering fans.
                                According to Jackson a few numbskulls were making monkey noises towards some of our players and Iffy Onuora, and the stewards took no action.

His post match interview is here,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7700390.stm
                                Blimey - racist idiot Kettering supporters. Who'd a thunk it?

I love that interview - Jacko breaks off from talking to the reporter to kick off with someone in the background about it.

Oh, and COME HOME JACKO.

Comment

He's staying where he is- I just wish he'd get on and sign the new contract.

Someone has said that it's the Kettering Chairman that interrupts Jackson halfway. Should make for a tasty replay.

Comment

being giant-killed is sooooooooo 4th qualifying round

Did anyone else hear Alan Green say Curzon ALBION on 606?

Comment

Well, I said on about Tuesday that anyone denying the potential of a Blyth Spartans team to spring a surprise doesn't know enough about football, so my sympathy is limited.

Comment

twohundredpercent wrote:
                                        Well, I said on about Tuesday that anyone denying the potential of a Blyth Spartans team to spring a surprise doesn't know enough about football, so my sympathy is limited.
                                        I must be the only Shrewsbury supporter who isn't suprised by this defeat.

If the Town team was a human entity it would be shallow and superficial, scratch the surface and you'd find no great substance.

Bunch of fancy dan primma donnas.

Of course, we'll probably beat Chesterfield on their patch now.

Comment

NickSTFC wrote:
                                          I must be the only Shrewsbury supporter who isn't suprised by this defeat.
                                          I am never surprised by any Salop defeat, ever.

If the Town team was a human entity it would be shallow and superficial, scratch the surface and you'd find no great substance.

Bunch of fancy dan primma donnas.
                                          Yes. Yes.

Of course, we'll probably beat Chesterfield on their patch now.
                                          In your heart of hearts, do you really believe that?! It's odd enough to be feasible. Did Simpson have this trouble at his other clubs or is it just us?

Comment

This being OTF, and a cut above the usual football message board, I feel I should be writing something witty or pithy.

But just this once.... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Can't believe we are still in the draw. comprehensively outplayed by a well-organised Rochdale side who should have romped home; our equaliser coming with our only shot on goal.

Comment

Regarding the thread title: it is something of a mystery to Alan Green, it would seem. I caught a little of Spoony's 606 last night (lucky, lucky me), and they were replaying highlights from 'Greeny's' stint the night before (lucky, lucky me). Green was apparently irritating to the point where Gordon Taylor of the PFA phoned in to tell him to "stop calling them Curzon Albion".

Idiot.

Comment

ChrisJ STFC wrote:
                                                  In your heart of hearts, do you really believe that?!
                                                  Nope. Still going though, mug that I am.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X